It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Success at Getting "Our" ATS Voice into the MSM - OBL Conspiracy - (99.6% positive, you decide)

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sunday Night May 01, 2011 11pm'ish Eastern Standard Time we were all made privy to this Breaking News

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

...minutes later I posted the following thread as every conspiracy nerve in my body was tingling upon hearing this Breaking News:

Calling all ATS Osama Dead huh? What are they breaking the news to hide? Let's start digging please

In which ATS "came through" exceptionally as I knew we would. Albeit it is going to take me a spell to go back and read all the posts in their entirety, which is on my agenda to do. As well, I'd like to take this opportunity to wholeheartedly thank each and every member for their due diligence and contribution to the thread. We are a powerful voice that is getting louder and clearer as every day passes.

That said...allow me to continue...

The following morning 97 X, a Local Tampa Bay area New Rock Station, on a talk mixed with music show called (The Morning X). They devote a portion of the show to a listener call-in segment where local listeners can "weigh-in" on a variety of different topics and current events going on in the local area as well as the world. This particular morning (May 02, 2011) the show had
Listeners weigh-in on the death of Osama bin Laden.

Here are the links to Part 1 & 2 of that particular segment on their website:

Part 1
Part 2

Based on the thread I started the night before, I SOOOOOO wanted to call and "weigh-in" with my view more than any other topic that they have ever had on before (usually the topics are about a lot of Hollywood blah blah). However, my commute to work takes all but 5 minutes so I am only able to catch very little of the show on any given day and more hope I catch it during the time they are playing music anyway. That and it's always busy no matter the topic at hand, but I knew this topic would not thwart me a chance to make it on the show due to it's popularity and the fact that it broke only hours previously, not to mention I had so much to say and inherently knew I would only probably be given so much time if I did happen to make it on.

But, my view and my passion for what makes this site so great were strong on this topic and I wanted to get "our" voice heard somehow....

So I thought to myself "I am not going to stop with just ATS". This was, in my opinion, too blatant of a potential conspiracy and I felt my...more..."OUR" voice needed to be heard in that regard, if only in my local area. So in response to that segment of the Morning Show I sent the following email to the "talent" later that evening due to the inability to actually call in, effectively, this way seemingly allowed me a much louder and robust voice, if only speculatively at this point with a 99.6% assurance, but I'll let you be the judge.

Listeners weigh in...Osama Bin Laden's death‏
5/02/11
To [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Good Morning Lady & Gentlemen,

I am not sure how involved you are with the 97X website, more so the section on “Recent Content”. Nevertheless, I left a comment that I’d like you to check out. Rather, I’d like you to check out my view of the topic you had on this morning about Osama’s death on a free Alternative News Website that I have been a member of for awhile. For good measure I will also provide a link to a thread I started on that site at the conclusion of this email in addition to the same one I left in the comment.

To give you a bit of background into the website I am a member of I offer you this statistical membership data, please don’t be turned away by some of the “other than ordinary” topics as I assure you we have a very intelligent membership base:

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with a diverse mix of users from all over the world.
With 217,918 members generating 10,465,452 posts of substance (minimal contributions are not allowed) that cover 649,759 topics in 162 different discussion forums, you could say "the truth is in here."

I don’t expect you to broadcast any of this by any means, but I can never get through the phone lines to give my “weigh-in” as it were. So I decided to take this approach as I feel that strongly about it and by this means I am effectively able to share my view even if it is with only the talent and not the listener base. When you have the time, and if you are so inclined, I respectfully ask that you please visit the thread I started on the death of Osama Bin Laden.

Calling all ATS Osama Dead huh? What are they breaking the news to hide? Let's start digging please

Another interesting thread authored by another member is this one:

Osama Buried at Sea...within 24 hours. Really?

If these topics intrigue you, then I suggest taking a look at the Recent Posts page to see a wide range of topics and information that may in fact put certain things in a clearer perspective for you. The motto of the site is “Deny Ignorance”, which holds much volume albeit a subjective phrase.

I think you’ll be a bit taken back by some of the ideas, responses, and news that is in my opinion, currently being kept hush hush all around you. Although I leave it to your opinion in the end and will respect your view regardless. Thank you in advance for any time that you are willing to devote to reading this and I welcome any feedback that you may have.

Respectfully,
UberL33t

I truly didn't expect to hear any sort of response back because in my experience of trying to convey "our" voice in the past to most forms of MSM I can only assume that they chalk "our" type up to "nuts" for all intents and purposes due to never getting a response to speak of.

However, to my surprise, on the way to work the next morning they were in the middle of a frenzied segment regarding the conspiracy side of the news that broke the day prior in reference to the death of Osama Bin Laden and were referencing the funeral at sea and whether the US Government should take pictures and/or video to reassure the people that it was truly him. "Interestingly, coincidental" I thought as that just so happened to be the thread our fellow ATS member onehuman authored. The phone lines were lit and the Producer Danielle was seemingly finding it difficult to manage all the people calling in.

The portion of the callers and segment that I did hear was too coincidental to not have stemmed from the email I sent the night before. However I can't say with 100% assurance that this is in fact how the topic ensued that morning as I missed that part before I started my morning commute. Therein lies the "99.6% positivity rate" in the OP title. None the less, the response they received in regards to the conspiracy aspect was astonishing, even more, the amount of people that were (to my knowledge) not affiliated with ATS and are (from what I can tell) just the regular public as it were.

I somewhat expected there to be a reply to my initial email because of that response and I have my Android set to receive email from the email account I sent the message from but no response ever manifested. They usually record these segments so my goal when I returned home from work was to listen to the recording of that segment to see if I could indeed confirm that the segment started due to the email that I sent. Much to my dismay there is ZERO mention of it, you can verify that yourself if you looked at the link in regards to the "May 02" previously recorded segment. On the other hand, I am not surprised as I revert back to said MSM's depiction of "our" sort.

Personally, and perhaps merely for my own confirmation and closure in a sense, I still want to hear how they got on the subject to solidify that it was my email so I can change the "positivity rate" from 99.6% to a full on 100%. So I sent the following email to the same morning show recipients as the previous day's email just prior to authoring this thread in an attempt to at least be able to validate my 15 minute ATS "claim to fame" so to speak.

May 03, 2011 Morning Show‏
8:21 PM
To [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Hello Again,

I was only able to catch approximately 5 mins of the calls in regards to the conspiracy theory segment this morning. In that 5 minutes however, I was able to hear your and the other's skepticism in the booth, very healthy skepticism I might add. Fair enough and I respect your opinion. That said however, I truly wanted to hear all the callers responses, more so, were they calling in regards to the email I sent you last night? I ask because I missed how and why you got on the subject. Which brings me to why I am emailing you. I am respectfully requesting, if possible, to be given a copy of the archived recording of that specific portion of the show? I truly expected to see a recording of that segment in the "Recent Content" section on your website, however as of yet to no avail.

I am quite curious to hear what the Bay area listeners were saying in regards to the topic. To perhaps ease your mind, because I realize you are a public figure more or less, I am not some wacko with a hidden agenda. I am a legitimate listener and fan of the show and radio station. There is no conspiracy here lol. That said, If you'd ever like to debate this topic, even more, the Conspiracy topic as a whole, my email is always open. I can relate to a busy schedule so I will completely understand you declining the offer. However, the respectful request for the recording of that segment this morning still stands if the availability is present. Thank you in advance from an avid listener and fan of 97X.

Respectfully,
UberL33t

When/if any replies are thwarted my way I will be sure to additionally add them to this thread. I am not going to hold my breath however. Again, I'd like to extend a debt of gratitude to all involved with the thread that gave me the gumption to try and extend our collective voice because without your involvement I would be but one voice. With the collective that is ATS to back me however, I became a much stronger voice (with 99.6% positive assurance anyway) for us all, which was a pleasure and honor to do so.

Respectfully,
UberL33t
edit on 5/3/2011 by UberL33t because: Thread Title Edit for Reference

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am pretty sure you can send a world wide press release,

For about $350.00. It goes on the wire to every news outlet.

Most media outlets take their submissions by fax.

You just title them, "For Immediate Release".

List your contact numbers and wait for a call.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Well for now...I am just going to keep it limited to UberL33t...not ready to put my real-life signature on it just yet, paranoia perhaps

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
One of the main reasons I want to have access to the recorded segment from the OP is to see if they actually plugged ATS On the Air.

THAT, would be Awesome!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I believe this was actually the first thread with an inkling as to what was about to occur.

FORCE Protection Condition Bravo set at Military Bases in US

It's what clued me and probably a lot of others to start looking for more.

to sirric!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Subscribed...thank you

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Glad to see you wrote to the station with regards to this threat, i wish more people had the initiative to do just that, especially regarding topics of this nature which inherently cross over into the mainstream media.

On a personal note, I for one, thoroughly enjoyed participating in the original threat... and trying to keep up with how lengthy and thought provoking it became! .. Cheers man, nice work.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

Thank you, it is my pleasure

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
freind just called and said dont open any photos of osama could cause virus said he heard it on the news not sure which channle he watches

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i love ur enthusiasm
i wish there were more oppertunities for this. a collective voice such as ATS would be amazing to see on media.
but i dont think thats just gonna happen MSM or otherwize.

but great job. and if they give a responze.
ill grab a beer and tune in

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Great job in doing this my friend. We all should be more active like this. It is vital.. Especially with the coming dark times ahead, we have to be more active, much more active.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Please see this thread:

I have a Radio Interview @ 7:30 AM 05/5/2011 "Our ATS Voice - OBL" on 97 X Tampa, FL Please Listen

I am requesting more involvement in that thread. Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,
UberL33t

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniview
i love ur enthusiasm
i wish there were more oppertunities for this. a collective voice such as ATS would be amazing to see on media.
but i dont think thats just gonna happen MSM or otherwize.

but great job. and if they give a responze.
ill grab a beer and tune in

ATS Live Radio is on every Saturday reaching millions of people all over the world. We are on two radio stations reaching multiple states in the midwest and south. ATS has made it's breach into the media world

We encourage callers every show too.....

Maybe start there and tune in and tell people you know about it.

edit on May 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I do I do....I show off the App to everyone. I have the ATS Bumper Sticker Springer so graciously sent me on my car as well. Which exposes every one who can see it on my car during my morning commute and return home commute. My commute is on US 19 in Clearwater, very very busy. I'd like to think I am responsible for at least a few of the members here
. If there were points for plugging ATS, I would be in the WATS section of ATS pluggers

edit on 5/4/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories are the big topic of the day in the MSM. So, maybe they don't specifically cite the ATS website, but yeah it's everywhere. Even now, watching CNN Piers Morgan, that's just been talked about. Why would they specifically pick out one website to portray all the conspiracy theorists in the world? Do you really think that we ATS members are that special to warrant MSM attention?

edit on 4-5-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What a pleasure to read that Uber! I have to applaud your go get em attitude. You know sometimes you have to laugh a bit. It is always the first domino that fell and created the chain reaction that gets the attention, Not the wind that blew it over!I will be surprised if you do hear from the radio, but on the other hand find it rather tacky of them not to give you any kind of response at all. After all it seems you are a loyal listener fan and member.

Lol since you are on a roll, any other stations you listen too? Or there is always the newspapers. You might have a story within a story if you know what I mean!

Regardless, to me you presented yourself in true ATS splendor and you should be proud of yourself.

A nice example you have set, perhaps others will follow your lead.

Oh, and by the way, Im quite flattered and honored to have been somehow a part of that!
Thank you

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You should take the energy that you use to do something like this and apply it to something that is of more importance. Put your money where your mouth is. You seem to have talent in expressing your views, but you seem very selfish in what direction that you put your energy. All I see is somebody saying "look at me!". All I see you as is just another distraction, and I am sure that I am not the only one. There are things of better importance than somebody trying to tell the world about ATS. Come on, there are much more important issues than you going on the radio. BFD.

top topics

join