It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Radiation: Where Is All That Fukushima Radiation Going, and Why Does it Matter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

If that's fallout, I wouldn't to be touching it. Make sure you wash your hands with soap and water.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Bump - Yeah I watch the Fairewinds site all the time. They are at least trying to report the truth.

Years ago I bought a giger counter, actually bought several of them and gave them to family. I take readings every day, and here in the Eastern US I've not picked up anything. YET.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5

If that's fallout, I wouldn't to be touching it. Make sure you wash your hands with soap and water.

Don't worry I did straight after. I am sure its not fall out but was strange non the less.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5

Sorry DP that's weird never get them from my laptop phone yes laptop no.
edit on 4-5-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
Dont worry if your on the east coast your all set. If your on the west coast then maybe not. I have tested my area around my home and can say that it is clean from the ground soil to the well water. Now I have tested it only for my own id and that is all. I live in NH and I can say it is pretty safe.

How would I know that. I work with it and have all the means to measure it. Thou it is slightly elevated I'm not that concerned. I would be more worried about asparatame and BPA some are consuming on a daily basis not to mention the flouride and other viruses in our food supply.

thats good to hear you know we are all counting in people like you to speak up if they dont. So post if you see anything odd and have a star as thx for the info.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by TheEndIsNear421
It was about two days ago right? I saw it too and even made a joke about it being yellow cake lol. My only other thought was that it could be pollen.

Ok I took a short video of it as you said its probably just pollen however Ive never seen this type of dust cover overnight without rain and yes it was about three days ago.

yuck and this story deserves its own thread we should find out what it is and if you should be worried

Thx for the post and I already gave stars all around cheers.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Can only add that nuclear Iodine has produced "yellow rain" this from reports from post Chernobyl the yellow dusting and rainwater were said to be "pollen" . I know a ton of it is falling here this time of year and the car is green every morning. In this case the timing will likely hide or confuse any genuine occurrences of such if they do occur or if they have occurred.
link

Any way you never see the one that kill you, right? I really does not matter if it is caused by radio-Iodine the blown spent fuel is assuring we are getting all the healthy particulate ionizing isotopes we can stand plus some I expect.
seed

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
this vids very well done no fear mongering just facts about radiation and what to watch for.
Thanks for sharing this video.

I've been watching the updates from Fairwinds as they come out on Vimeo but I hadn't seen this one yet. They seem to have an excellent middle ground between the fear-mongering on the one extreme, to the "radiation is good for you" on the other extreme. I think Fairewinds is to be commended for doing some of the most impartial analysis possible on this topic.

That was interesting when he mentioned the above ground atomic bomb tests revealed that weather patterns could result in a concentrated dose of radiation occurring a considerable distance from the bomb site. That's all the more reason the US shouldn't slack off on testing to only quarterly, like the EPA is trying to do, they should keep monitoring more frequently, for at least several more months.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

anyone think we should be taking precautions against radiation right now in the USA?

That is a very good question.

Exactly "Who" would sound an alarm that would be heard ?

And after the alarm is raised (if it is) then what exactly is a viable plan of action when the radiation just keeps on coming into (and out of) the atmosphere, layer after layer ?

edit on 5-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

anyone think we should be taking precautions against radiation right now in the USA?

That is a very good question.

Exactly "Who" would sound an alarm that would be heard ?

And after the alarm is raised (if it is) then what exactly is a viable plan of action when the radiation just keeps on coming into (and out of) the atmosphere, layer after layer ?

edit on 5-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content

I actually made a pretty detailed thread about that on glp when the crap first hit for all the people in Japan...
Cant import it here tho most of the good stuff was from other users. But we had instructions on how to filter out radiation from drinking water and how to minimize exposure how to insulate your home and such.
edit on 5-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just found this link to the French's assesment of CSM-137. I don't read French. It shows why the attention was suddenly dropped from Japan.
www.irsn.fr...

edit on 6-5-2011 by Munfett because: Fat fingers

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So here's a question for you...

How many of you are taking KI or KIO3???

I have little of both and was wondering if I should take it and give some to my wife and kids??

I was thinking of keeping it till something catastrophic happened in the US....

Little info will be good.. Thanks in advance

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munfett
Just found this link to the French's assesment of CSM-137. I don't read French. It shows why the attention was suddenly dropped from Japan.
www.irsn.fr...

edit on 6-5-2011 by Munfett because: Fat fingers

I do let me have a go at it BTW great link even if you dont speak french shows an estimate of the radiation spread from Japan

? A partir des rejets estim?s par l’IRSN, M?t?o France a mod?lis? la dispersion atmosph?rique des rejets radioactifs ? tr?s grande distance. Elle permet de projeter la dispersion dans l’air des rejets de l’accident de Fukushima ? l’?chelle mondiale du 12 au 24 mars. ? Cette simulation a ?t? appliqu?e au c?sium 137, en tant que traceur du panache radioactif au cours de cette p?riode. Les r?sultats de cette mod?lisation sont exprim?s en becquerels de c?sium 137 par m?tre cube d’air (Bq/m3).? ? Cette simulation a ?t? mise ? jour le?22 mars

So this is an estimate by the IRSN of the radiation dispersal. Its pretty garbled but says radiated particles can travel great distances " l’?chelle mondiale du 12 au 24 mars" I think they mean to say here that this charts the global spread from 12-24 march. Then says the radiation levels are expressed in becquerels of cesium per 137 square meters of air. That it was updated the 22 of march

thx for the link hope I helped clear up what they were saying for ya.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
Bump - Yeah I watch the Fairewinds site all the time. They are at least trying to report the truth.

Years ago I bought a giger counter, actually bought several of them and gave them to family. I take readings every day, and here in the Eastern US I've not picked up anything. YET.

You do realise that geiger counters cannot detect radio-isotopic particles as they are too small and spread out eh.. The danger with them is they attach themselves to dust, water vapour, rain, etc. When you ingest, breathe in or are exposed externally without proper decontamination(ie.soap and water) they just stay there forever, emitting radiation into your cells for the rest of your life. Everyone seems to think that radiation has to be in the hundred+ rad zone for it to be dangerous, but the fact is, the effects of radiation from a high rad, short term exposure and a low rad long term exposure are quite different One could say the latter hasn't really received much attention sadly enough so to be honest with you I don't know what that means, but I do know that I've been working outside in the rain for the last 4 weeks straight, getting all sorts of soggy sawdust in my eyes, and then I hear that radioactive particles are coming down in the rain. Suffice it to say, I am not too pleased with that news. I'm already experiencing diahrea and lack of appetite and the top of my head feels like I got sunburn, only we haven't had any clear enough days recently to warrant getting burned. It's officially freaking me out at this point. Stay out of the rain, people! And if you don't have any choice, then cover protect any bare skin from contact with the rain. At this point it doesn't matter if people think you look silly. It's all about survival.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join