It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! May 21, 2011 reality check

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wait.. So now its Judgement Day?

I thought it was just supposed to be the Return of Christ?

Armageddon comes before Judgement Day. Doesn't it?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldfiremx
I was just leaving the shop up here in Alaska to go for a test drive in a car and I saw one of those trucks that have billboards on the side of them and you can advertise anyhing on it. Well 2 out of the 3 sides that I saw were advertising May 21, 2011 and something about God passing judgement on us. I couldn't believe that one of these signs made it all the way up to Alaska and I thought to myself who the heck is paying for this? So I Googled May 21, 2011 moving billboard and thes things are all over the world. This operation has to be hugely funded, this is like Y2K, except most people are passing it as been there done that. I just can't believe that someone is pouring such a large amount of money into this and from what I have read most of these people supporting this are Christians, didnt they read the bible? Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

That is really Lame if it has to do with the rapture, and the end of the world in October Billboard, what a way to spread fear, and negativity!! Well I don't believe it so I have nothin to lose or gain!! What a waste of money!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's strange because it has started to pop up in the local classifieds in the local papers. I live in a tiny town and these papers circulate to a couple thousand at most. They are really being thorough when it comes to getting the word out.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Apprearently alot of followers are paying for it.
May 21 2011 is judgement day and the rapture.
October 21 2011 is the end of the world for those left behind.
Thats my b-day,so I hope I get left behind.

www.may-212011.com...

Actually a rapture wouldn't be so bad, if they were removing the insane!! Ie, the Christians, then yeah I am all for that! hahah!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

That made me LOL, thank you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
Personally, I think it's total BS. Loads of people throughout the ages have tried to predict the end times, and they've obviously never been right. The group that is lauding the 21st as the end will be proven wrong soon enough.

Or, if they are proven right, there will be a lot of people on this site saying "Oh, crap..."

I'm not saying I believe them, just that I'm taking it all in, being ready for anything, and watching for any kind of weirdness.

If nothing happens, I will just do the same thing at the next date that someone mentions. It may be like rolling dice, one of these times you're bound to hit the number you were trying to roll. I'm with most people I see posting on here, though, that have the feeling that "something" is coming. I can't predict, so I listen to everyone else and try to be prepared enough that if I can save my family, I will try my hardest to do just that.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
look lets make up our minds here people

the world cant end may 21st oct 21st and then again in 2012

it also cant end on new years eve 2000 for y2k .... wait that # past us by 11 years ago without a hitch

quit buying into this horse# your wasting your lifes and if it is the end soon i suggest living a little before you die stop looking around for comets and other stupid # and stop listening to crazy people like the people buying these billboards

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
yeah people are getting crazy with that day i thought it was just in the USA but then i went to Mexico and i saw the same billboards but in spanish.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by coldfiremx

Yep. Some atheists in Washington even set up something called the Countdown to Backpedaling. Both religious believers and non-believers are curious to see what excuses these people can come up with when May 21st comes and goes without Jesus even dipping a toe into our atmosphere to see if the air is warm. The sad thing is some people have made serious financial sacrifices to support this end of the world nonsense.

Countdown to Back Pedaling
edit on 3-5-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

Any idea how they have wasted their money? I would love to help them with their financial burden and I am quite willing to share it with anybody else here on ATS who wishes to join my helpful crusade.

Maybe its all part of a self fulfilling prophecy. Come the 22nd May those peoples world will have essentially come to an end as they realise they are now destitute.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
the billboard by my house just came down..... I wonder what happened to "no one can predict when Jesus will return"

these guys seem to have an insider feed... I was curious on the info, but too lazy to look into it so thanks for the resources :-)) gonna go look now

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Not too long ago the Library of Congress had a traveling exhibit come through my town, and I pulled the kids out of shcool for an hour to see it. As we were leaving the parking lot, I saw 3 of these trucks pull into the shopping center parking lot.

I wanted to turn around and go take a lookie loo since I am a nosy critter, and even I know the Bible says no one knows when it will be exactly.

The kids were saying "MOM! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Take us back to school!!"

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

Just google May 21, 2011 moving billboard. They are world wide.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm not Christian, so I don't do the rapture thing, but I find it endlessly amusing. The history behind various 'end-of-days' predictions is fascinating. Anyway, if I recall correctly, the pastor in charge of the group that is putting up all these ads has, shall we say, been here before. Several years ago, he predicted that the end of the world was going to happen on X date. Needless to say, it didn't and so he backpedaled. Again, if I remember correctly, the backpedaling consisted of "our prayers staved off God's wrath and saved the world' and 'oh, opsie, got some of my calculations wrong, the new date for the end of the world is . . . '. I really don't think I'd loose much sleep over it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

yes that is also why when i saw that bilboard i laughed i was raided catholic* i am not anymore* and i read that part of the bible when i was younger and as you said it is suposed to be unpredictable.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The May 21st day of rapture can only go one of two ways. Either a rapture occurs or it does not. That's my reality check start, but there's much more than just a right or wrong prediction.

In my cold statement of acknowledgment, at a more humane level there is also a deeper and spiritual understanding of this issue, that too many just don't get or grasp. What slips most is whether the government is going to want to talk real truth or continue the mass deception of humanity and the measures that must be used to control the truth among the masses as a future unfolds where "complete" control of humanity will be needed to ensure success for their vision of a new world order.

If a rapture does occur, then we should ask ourselves, how will the Obama government and Rome and other religious organizations explain it? Or will they even try? I say try, because if the government uses some natural disaster to take away from the many reports of missing people as in some rapture, then the way I see it, there will be a major false flag distraction and complete control over the internet, radio and TV.

The only way that could happen is when someone makes a major declaration of national emergency like after perhaps some mushroom clouds in some major American cities or after some nuclear or space based (induced/created) major earthquake disaster of massive proportions.

If we do have a rapture it will be mandatory to force the government, religious heads and we the public to begin a major shift in a paradigm of thought, that from its mere acknowledgment, forces us to think of what comes next, because if the rapture does occur, then many sources will want to discuss what comes next and will be the focus of much discussion if indeed we are able to discuss it during such trying times.

Coming to grips with being left behind after such a rapture will also be another factor of truth that must be dealt with on a planetary basis, because everyone left behind then must accept the fact that they must endure 5 months of terror and destruction until the projected October 21st day of doom for earth. During that time it is expected that the worst of the worst will be unleashed upon humanity. Might even be faced with the NWO mark of the beast decision matrix.

The flip side of the May 21st is that nothing happens. Absolutely nothing happens and the talking heads and everyone begins talking about how massively wrong certain groups were. Once again it will denigrate religious beliefs and perhaps that is what the NWO wants as they build their one world order and one world religion.

Not having a rapture on May 21st does not mean that we should return to normal because something tells me we wont be allowed to return to anything resembling normal.

Being here on May 22 whether a rapture occurs or not does not change the fact that some celestial body of massive proportions is coming our way and that it is such a huge celestial object that dooms earth in October regardless of being left behind and or because nothing happened on May 21st like some said it would.

It is space objects, celestial objects like Comets, asteroids, planets, brown dwarf stars and or whatever else we need to be looking for, because Rapture or not, the dates for these objects do not change.

The only meaningful part of this acknowledgment is knowing that if we are raptured, we wont be around to worry about being a survivor after some ELE event that destroys the better part of humanity and the planet. It is being here, raptured or not on May 22 that still ends in the same way for those here on October 21st.

It is this type of future disaster that that in my opinion is kept secret from the masses, for to to reveal such a truth, would undo all societies and unleash a religious backlash that would make a world war look bleak by measure. It is complete control that is needed at such a time and to get control they only need the right justification to begin the shutdown of information and or exchange of information among the masses that today allows for the exchange of information in such a timely manner. Once we lose that timeliness or ability is when many will see what I see in that vein of thought.

Rapture or not, we still have problems to address, and if we find ourselves here on May 22nd. only those raptured on May 21st are exempt from having to think about what happens next. Reality aside, is when people see the ocean and fuzzy bunnies and such.

All others will see something coming based on all the facts and we better not be too shy to discuss that reality.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Sadly, not just destitute, but knowing that they were taken advantage of as well. I read a story not too long ago about some of the foot soldiers in this group. One youngish woman said that she had been in the military, and gotten out not too long before. She had wanted to get married and start a family, but just couldn't bring herself to knowing that the end of world was coming. She wanted to witness to as many people as possible and bring them to Christ so that they would go to heaven. She was devoting all her time and effort (and money too I'm guessing) to doing just that. I hope that she is able to get on with her life, marry and have a child or two after the 21st of May comes and goes without anything happening.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
whoevers doing this is a bit creepy. hope theyre not a suicide cult.

Are you sure? I mean, imagine how nice it will be to not have 200,000 nut jobs running around.

Just another false prophet.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Camping arrived at the date using a strange equation:

According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
(5 x 10 x 17)2 or (atonement x completeness x heaven)2 also equals 722,500.
Thus, Camping concludes that 5 x 10 x 17 is telling us a "story from the time Christ made payment for our sins until we're completely saved."[16]

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah..... no...

"Of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only..." — Matthew 24:36

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I remember reading somewhere that this is happening is very religious areas o the US. Dont surprised if your traveling thru the south or mid west to see this next a McDonalds billboard. Just more disinformation coming your way, 'I'm Lovin' It!'

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

yeah, we have billboards with this "end of world" nonsense here in stockton, california too. since this "reverand' also had one of these "end of world" revelations back in 1994, it's hard to imagine he had donors fork over their hard earned money in these jobless times...oh well, there is a sucker born every minute.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join