It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP Whistling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've read a lot from people who think EVP is mostly in our minds...we hear what we want to hear. I've heard a lot of EVP on different websites and radio programs. I have to agree that it is unclear just what is really being heard. Is it just static that our mind forms into words? Sort of like face perception or pareidolia, which is defined Dictionary.com as n:
the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features

Or is the Electronic Voice Phenomena real?

When it comes to words or speech it can often be hazy. But what about whistling? Whistling seems more cut and dry. Especially when it makes a little tune...

EVP The Whistler

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sounds like a bird in the distance to me?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Wild birds don't whistle tunes like that. Also, in the comments it says that an ornithologist ruled out birds.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

As far as I know, ghosts don't whistle like that either.

Just saying what it sounds like, and I hear many birds that have much more elaborate calls.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

What do you know that ghosts do? You probably do a lot of things that other people don't know about too! But that doesn't mean you don't do them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
reply to post by badw0lf

What do you know that ghosts do? You probably do a lot of things that other people don't know about too! But that doesn't mean you don't do them.

What do YOU know that ghosts do?

We're both on the stretching arm of a silly monster.

Sounds like a bird...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Sounds like a bird in the distance to me?

Sounds exactly like that to me also in all honesty.

I can't think of anything else It could be. A ghost certainly doesn't come to mind.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

The results of EVP always seem a bit miserable to me. If life after death means hanging around grunting, moaning and, maybe, whistling, on demand, in some empty building, then I think I'd rather not bother!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

I was very skeptical of the whole EVP thing too. It would be so easy to hoax it. But yet I was intrigued enough to give it a try for myself. I took the time to read up on how to do it and then I headed out to a cemetery with a friend. We were paying close attention to every sound we heard and we made audible notes on the recorder. After about an hour we came back home and listened to the playback expecting nothing weird. But we did get an EVP. After that I had a whole new respect for the whole EVP concept. I've done it since several times and sometimes I have gotten an EVP but most times I haven't. The neat thing about it is that it's something just about anybody can try for themselves.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

In my experience.. take that for what it is.. not all ghosts are created equal. There are some that are more or less aware when you speak to them but simply can't, don't want to or don't feel the urge to respond even though they understand. They tend to be.. kind of an echo of their former selves with a bit of sentience attached. If you make a logical enough reason for them to stop doing what they're doing, they'll stop.. I've talked one out of a house he was causing a lot of trouble in, but he wasn't particularly angry. It was more like he was going through his routine and had a bit of residual bitterness towards women, but not enough to be violent about it.

There's some ghosts which are completely unaware of their location or that things have changed.. they may be passive or a berzerker spirit without any sanity at all. These are usually the ones that manifest the most from what I've seen and tend more to interact with objects than people. There's cases when they get spooked that they turn on someone after suddenly being snapped out of their fugue and attacking their observer.. but.. they're rare as long as you don't antagonize them. These also can be interrupted with high levels of EMP from what I've noticed.. kind of like taking a big dry eraser to the scene and scrambling any residual energy.

Other than that, I can't speak much about the afterlife for lack of knowledge. I'm sort of under the impression that a smaller percentage of the population gets taken somewhere else but I couldn't say where or with whom.

new topics

top topics

join