It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Place To Share Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm going to dedicate this thread to sharing my music with you wonderful people at ATS. Any input is welcome, bad or good. So anyways, a lot of my music can be found on my website. But here are some YouTube videos of my latest project, Annihilation: A Space Opera. (I know, a space opera has nothing to do with music, this is just a pun, sort of.) Please, enjoy the music.

Annihilation: A Space Opera

Overture

NewGrounds Link

Act 1: Factions

NewGrounds Link

Act 2: Annihilation

NewGrounds Link

Act 3: Revenge
NewGrounds Link (no YouTube, yet)

Symphonies

Link to all

Symphony No. 1 Op. 1
Symphony No. 4 Op. 9
Symphony No. 7 Op. 15 - William The Protector
Symphony No. 8 Op. 16
Symphony No. 9 Op. 17

I hope you enjoy these that I am sharing. I'm trying to get people to listen to my music because I want to work in the video game industry. Maybe even films, eventually. Thanks.
edit on 5/3/2011 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

www.youtube.com...

theres a song i did about mainstream rap

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
you've got a great talent, best of luck to you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm almost finished with Annihilation, and I'm considering releasing it as an album on iTunes and Amazon.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

good luck!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sounds great. I really like your material. Yes, I can see (or hear
) your stuff in a video game or movie. What did you use (hardware/software) to write your stuff, if you don't mind saying.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starborn

FL Studio, various VST plugins.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Not saying your being untruthful, but it seems hard to believe you did all that with only FLStudio and a few plugs.

I'm not really too big on all the software based synths or orchestration software and such, more of a guitarist/songwriter than anything myself. I have tried FLStudio, but prefer hardware mostly these days.

I'm not trying explode your ego too much, but dam your a good composer. While I do listen to classical music from time to time, I'm not really an avid listener. I find your material to be just about genius level. Your music just seems to flow and have a very good vibe that one can really get into, unlike a lot of other classical type music I've listened to.

Seems to me you should have a good future in music industry, if you can make the right connections.

Ever considered collaborating with someone? On a limited basis.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by starborn

I'm flattered. Really
I was exposed to FL Studio 4.0 in 2004. I haven't stopped using it since, and I'm on version 9 now. That's 7 years of practice with the program. It was actually the very first studio/mixing software I ever used, and its initial learning curve was ideal for my patience level. I mastered the basics and after years of practice, I can do some pretty cool stuff with it. Now, I've been composing since I was a small child. My mother has had a baby grand piano since before I was born, and I don't remember a time when I didn't play on it. I used to make up melodies and songs for hours at a time, each time improving my abilities as a composer. I eventually learned to play quite well and moved on to other instruments like the guitar. I had a stint with a rock band when I was 15 or 16 and learned even more from the older guys in the band. All of this and years of practicing composition and the artistic creation of music is what has led me to write real music.

I feel like I'm writing an autobiography here, so I'll just wrap it up. I need to stop fanning my ego :p. I have considered collaboration many times. There's a composer in France named Guillaume "Spiky" Muller who I'm going to do a project with hopefully this year. He has to finish his projects first, but we are going to rock the world lol (or those who will listen). So I am up for collaboration with anyone who is a real artist. Here's my philosophy on music: We like to think that we are the artist and the music is our creation, but in reality the Music is the artist and we are the instrument.
edit on 5/17/2011 by OrphenFire because: Clarification

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here's a new symphony I did:
Symphony No. 14 Op. 22

It is based on this painting by an artist called "keepwalking". Here is the painting. Thankfully, he approved of the song
. Here's his DeviantArt profile.

I am really proud of this song.

new topics

top topics

join