It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India to pay for Iranian crude oil in rupee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There was a negative outlook on Treasuries today i read it on Bloomberg..But what puzzles me more is that investors are still buying them why????

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Looks like its time to invade india. Waiting for the Hindu terrorist propaganda to start. lol. Not sure what the Hindu equivalent to Sharia Law is but I'm sure we'll find out soon.
edit on 3-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

There have been hindu extremists for many years now, and they do want to institute a Hindu state. Just because people don't talk about it doesn't mean it's no problem.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Seems like every day on marketwatch I see the Fed buying 7 billion $ more bonds.

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 4-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Im pretty sure that deal went through. It was front page news on every Indian paper.

tbh i think this is pretty good news in terms of pure economics. I think its better that every nation use its own currency for trade. Thats how you develop an honest economy. Sucks for us in the US though of course.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Seems like every day on marketwatch I see the Fed buying 7 billion $ more bonds.

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 4-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

It's probably the only thing holding up the "value" of the US Dollar.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Scary thought.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Would You like your forehead dot a little off-center sir?-americas future

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
There was a negative outlook on Treasuries today i read it on Bloomberg..But what puzzles me more is that investors are still buying them why????

The answer is pretty simple. The same organization that has been manipulating precious metals has enough assets to move the bond market. Where do you think all that debt went in the first place? It had to funnel somewhere. Just follow the yellow brick road.

Someone's debt is always another man's asset. Look at the trillions of debt - someone's sitting on the heist. I mean, if I had the US debt sitting in my account, I would be the ultimate day trader. They'd call me another Gerald Celente.

edit on 4-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

All the getto rappers will be sporting a diamond forhead spot. Bling Bling.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Looks like its time to invade india. Waiting for the Hindu terrorist propaganda to start. lol. Not sure what the Hindu equivalent to Sharia Law is but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

There have been hindu extremists for many years now, and they do want to institute a Hindu state. Just because people don't talk about it doesn't mean it's no problem.

I'm not sure what these "Hindu extremists" are called. Are you referring to Hindu Fundamentalists?

To me, there's a profound difference between Hinduism & Islam. For one thing, Hinduism is infinitely older.
Islam has only been around for about 1.400 years

India was Hindu for millennia before the Muslims arrived.

Most of Hinduism is based on the Vedas and is highly ethical & spiritual in its teachings. Probably the most tolerant religion in the world, along with Buddhism (which was founded by a Hindu prince).

In comparison, ... let's say Islam does not compare well with Hinduism.

Hindus have suffered terribly at the hands of Muslims for centuries.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Dear Lord,
We need help in a big way.
Thanks & love,
The little guys

You just gave me nightmares.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Dear Lord,
We need help in a big way.
Thanks & love,
The little guys

You just gave me nightmares.

I am sorry, but I'm having the same nightmares too. At least you understood what I wrote.

The best we can do is get the word out, so that people understand what is being done to them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

..This may be the warning shot for removal of the Dollar from Purchasing oil.

Iran is a opec member and if this allowed how soon will other countries begin to follow suite.Once they have all agreed to do bi-lateral trade in each countries money.Then the SHTF scenario will become a reality.

...Then being that India is a major player in BRIC then when will China and others do the same .

www.thehindu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

nations hav realised that usa and it's currency ain't reliable ...time for one world currency

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

this reminds of 9/11 when most americans didn't hav a clue of what islam is and wat jihad means..now witnessing the same here...do some research..visit the land at least once in ur lifetime befor making stupid comments like this

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The thing is with west /america they can offer alot like they did with gadaffi then when you do somthing they don't like they swiftly take it all away yeah i agree what was said america has been getting friendly with india there better off without the west and doing it there own way

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by atsmem1980

What is being suggested, is that there will be a basket of multiple currencies (including the EUR, Yuan, Russian Ruble and Indian rupee). The US was not even invited to discuss this new basket of world reserve currencies. The US on the other hand, plans a single new world currency to replace the dollar. Well, in fact it is the IMF that pursues so, but we all know the IMF is merely a US/Fed tool. The US government would of course, via the IMF, resume control over that new world currency.

Understandably, the rest (except for the US and Saudi Arabia) pass for the latter option. Americans (with all due respect) have enjoyed the luxury and monopoly position of not having to create economic output for dollars, which can subsequently be used for trading oil at the expense of the rest of the world (which does need to produce economic output, which it trades for dollars that are exclusively used for OPEC oil trade).

In other words, we - the world - are keeping US inflation low (but obviously there's a limit to everything and that limit is soon to be reached) and we are not going to give America this luxury another five decades.

Although the US has played out the aftermath of WWII extremely well, the US is going bankrupt as soon as it loses the dollar hegemony.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Are you telling me it's fundamentalist and not extremist to go around hacking people with swords, to put bounties on pastors, and to want to make it illegal to convert religions, thus violating freedom of religion?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
double post
edit on 4-5-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsmem1980

Looks like its time to invade india. Waiting for the Hindu terrorist propaganda to start. lol.and I'm not ignorant by mayabong because: (no reason given)

this reminds of 9/11 when most americans didn't hav a clue of what islam is and wat jihad means..now witnessing the same here...do some research..visit the land at least once in ur lifetime befor making stupid comments like this

I have visited it, and I'm not ignorant about it either.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So if the United States is or was trying to get in bed with India for a free run of the Asian sub continent,Then what happened with the aircraft deal.Or maybe it just seems the United States is becoming the kid on the playground with lice in his hair who nobody wants to play with.

Not true.

US Did get the cargo plane contract (C17) if not the combat aircraft deal.

Besides AWARD and CONTRACT are 2 different things when you're dealing with Indian Government (or for that matter any government in the world). This usually takes a while to go through and many changes usually get tacked to the original AWARD while the CONTRACT is written up.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join