It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious super secret helo used in the Osama raid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
TIME magazine has a story about it:

Tried to put it in the news forums and it ended up in the trash bin.

Could the bin Laden Raid Have Revealed a Secret New Helicopter?

A picture of the tail rotor of the chopper that the Navy Seals' Team Six detonated revealed unfamiliar features. Reports say it could be a new, secret helicopter.

When the Team Six members reached Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad one of the choppers made a "controlled but hard landing," according to reports, probably due to higher than expected temperatures.

Temperatures affects the density of the air, and low density makes it harder for the rotor to sustain the weight of the chopper, especially if it was near its maximum weight (being packed with soldiers and fuel to fly in from Afghanistan). Abbottabad is about 1200 meters above the sea level, and altitude also affects air density.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 4/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: blah

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Its not so much the helo that is super secret but what is inside.

They have super secret countermeasures equip and communications equipment that they must destroy or it would compromise future missions.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
is this confirmation?

The helicopter’s low-observable technology is similar to that of the F-117 Stealth Fighter the retired special operations aviator said. “It really didn’t look like a traditional Black Hawk,” he said. It had “hard edges, sort of like an … F-117, you know how they have those distinctive edges and angles — that’s what they had on this one.”

Link

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I just found this design on another site, it seems to match to tail of the helicopter, well to me it does anyway. Is this what it looked like? Hmmmm wonder if this is the design for it?

defensetech.org...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Watch this video. Shows parts of the helo picked up kids. And the residents claims their cell phones and other electronics were knocked and afterwards came back on. Sounds almost alien don't you think? Also they claim they didn't hear the helos coming in until it was right on top of them.

edit on 4-5-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Story here as well ABC Seems that the helo's were fitted with sort of noise suppression tech as well as stealth? with it being reported that they could not be heard until right overhead.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost

Originally posted by blaenau2000

WOW I have never seen a Helicopter like this before, it doesnt look big enough to carry much, but looks very stealthy, this is very much new tech.

Even though I knew it was just the tail section, after reading your post I noticed that if I look at it sideways it does look like some kind of small drone chopper or single seater equipped with wings pointing straight down

See

edit on 4-5-2011 by warpboost because: (no reason given)

But surely thats what it is, a remote controlled drone helicopter, very high tec, probably controlled from the whitehouse, might be the reason Clinton had her hands over her mouth as the thing crashed.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Watch this video. Shows parts of the helo picked up kids. And the residents claims their cell phones and other electronics were knocked and afterwards came back on. Sounds almost alien don't you think? Also they claim they didn't hear the helos coming in until it was right on top of them.

Alien? sounds like jamming equipment on board, or something like a wild weasel overhead.

Very quiet helicopters have been in the works for a while. Here's a good story about a Hughes OH6 project from vietnam called the quiet one, used to drop off and pickup behind enemy lines and wiretapping communications.

www.airspacemag.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Standard broad-band jamming equipment. My dad would knock out TV reception in his neighborhood while experimenting with a Model-T ignition coil.

You know - back when TV was broadcast via antenna and not cable.

It may or may not have been on the helo, itself. The problem with jamming is that you're emitting like crazy. Usually - you have specialized jamming aircraft that you use to jam and cover the approach of other aircraft - the ones going after the 'real' and current objective.

Otherwise... having a helicopter flying in and jamming like a rock concert is just asking for someone to light it up with HOJ ordnance.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
HOJ = Homing On Jamming / Jammer before any one asks. Works like an IR seeking missile but follows the strength of the jammer to its target i.e. the aircraft carrying the jammer!

as for the bird itself/ interesting stuff indeed.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
And the Chinese say thank you very much!

Note how the Babur cruise missile came into existence:

tomahawk crash in Pakland >> Pak Military salvage it >> Share wreckage/tech with bum chums chinese >> create cruise missile.

The US might as well sell this on the open market now!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

A tail-rotor section is far from a complete helicopter.

Things like the structure of the main body, the design of the main rotor, gimbals, etc - those are where a lot of your development time and costs go. Not to mention landing gear assemblies, engine ducts and baffles, and the all-important avionics with secure information systems and solutions to how to make such crazy contraptions fly the direction the pilot wants them to...

The Chinese could get some information off of it - but not much they couldn't have figured out for themselves simply by looking at pictures of the Comanche. Having a tail-rotor of the "ComancHawk" doesn't help them much. (My own dub for the thing)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
It's a hvy stealth mod of the H 60 Blackhawk:

Follow the link to the Aviation Week article below the second pic from the top.

www.freerepublic.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

Did I call that sucker or what? My Marine Recon (self-proclaimed) buddy might be interested in what all I saw in the sub service.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It is a stealth mod helo; but the most important part is not what you think.

It is not a coating, it is not an advanced engine design.

Some yahoo claimed to be Marine Recon earlier this week and made observations about something he would not know about.

Marine Recon is not even in the running to be recruited by ST 6; he was probably honest, but did not know how narrow his view was. The idea that he thought ST-6 were seals is laughable. Dev is helluva lot more.

End mystery:

What was destroyed was an advanced acoustical system. It takes in the helo blade and engine noise and rebroadcasts it, 180 degrees out of phase; the sound waves cancel, and you have a silent killer in the sky.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

www.globalsecurity.org...

Seal Team Six - The Navy Special Warfare Development Group.

Back when I was in A-School, they were still known as Seal Team Six - back in March and April of 2007 when the ... chief (I seem to recall him being a Senior Chief... but I honestly don't remember) in charge of their manpower was looking for applicants at our A-School (Aviation Electronics Technician - Intermediate Maintenance - ATI). They were looking at an absolutely massive manpower increase and wanted people bright people in good physical condition.

The whole premise behind much of what they were doing was to take standard weapons, vehicles, etc and make them not-so-standard.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This just in; Pakistan is returning the chopper tail.

Link

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The chinese hacked the pentagon a couple years back and stole data on the F-35. now they have a stealth aircraft. you can bet they are hastily gathering all they can on this helo
edit on 18-5-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join