It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama's Wife and Children in Custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Osama

news.yahoo.com

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – A senior Pakistani intelligence official said one of Osama bin Laden's daughters had seen her father being shot dead by U.S. forces, and was one of about 10 relatives of the al Qaeda leader in custody pending interrogation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-5-2011 by AngelsOnMyShoulder because: Mistitled when posting

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well this gives the story that he really did get killed more plausability.. I would hope that they would not use ill-means to interrogate the children regardless of who the father is.

I would think having a U.S. presence during the questioning would be helpful as well, as having the information first hand is always better.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelsOnMyShoulder

So there is at least one witness to the murder.. if it actually did occur, that is..

You might want to expand on your title a bit though.. try to give us a bit more detail in the title rather than just "Osama"
Perhaps include that his daughter saw him being shot..

And why interrogate the daughter? They must surely be using a lot of scary tactics in order to get some form of confession if this is all true..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I just hope they go easy on the poor kids... It's bad enough they just witnessed their father being shot (if it really happened) they don't need to be water boarded too. Sure their father was public enemy number 1... doesn't mean they are any sort of enemy at all.

Personally I think the should just release the children to their mother after a short statement and be on our merry way. They are only 12 and 13 for god's sake (along with the other 6).
edit on 3-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

raiders this is (as far as I know) new information..

2nd line.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looks like we just created a couple more terrorists( and more in his immediate family?). Avenging thier fathers death will be in thier little minds now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is the common sense next step, if the given story of his wife being present at the time is true .Oddly this would be a given, so why so slow in coming forward? as it would give validity to the fact . Seems a little odd.
Technicly the spouse and children are innocent of any crime other than association . So after questioning they should be released ! Would this happen if this story is true ? Doubtfully, most like new canidates for Gitmo .Never to see the light of day or be able to speak out .

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I tried to change the title, part of if got erased when I tried posting ;-) Also- it was the first that I heard of them having "male captives" on the U.S. Transport plane which is why their was no room for the wife and children - wonder if they are going to elaborate on what's gonna happen with them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
news just in...

Angelina jolie to adopt Bin laden kids,Madonna furious she was beaten to it,

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

So there is at least one witness to the murder.. if it actually did occur, that is..

The murder.. lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

The murder.. lol

A lot of people here have a very naive view of either human nature or reality, so I'd agree with your comment.

This woman very likely actively supported her father's role in the mass murder of civilians and ideological pondering that has created a generation of murderers and extremists. At the very least she helped harbor him.

She deserves to rot in a cell for the rest of her life. On a purely utilitarian scale and in many moral views, her life is worth a lot less than the countless lives and livelihoods she has facilitated the destruction of.

People who try to make this into a U.S.-bashing call are just so caught up in either delusional theories or hatred of their government (the latter being acceptable but nonsensical in this context) that they spout whatever to bash the U.S. You'll also usually find those people bashing Muslims and supporting dictators as well, but that's largely because they are much like the extremists in mental makeup and gullibility.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Evanescence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Typical u.s action go after women and children.. Dont forget old bins dog while you lot are at it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Looks like we just created a couple more terrorists( and more in his immediate family?). Avenging thier fathers death will be in thier little minds now.

Put them in a nice US town, raise them on McDonalds and PLaystation. They'll soon forget about Jihad.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If you read the article.. Pakistan has detained the women and children for interrogation... Not the U.S.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The children assuming they are all fairly young should be released to a safe place..

The wife assuming she was innocent or coerced in any terrorist motives should also be released.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly

Hmmm, interesting thought. I wonder if you have done any research, background info. on his other grown sons? You know, the one's who all have developed (according to Omar bin Laden) extreme mental illness due to the way they were raised. Forced into terror training camps, brutally victimized/abused and conditioned to respond appropriately (as any good son would) when Osama asked them to volunteer to suicide missions... You knew about that right?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelsOnMyShoulder
reply to post by Expat888

If you read the article.. Pakistan has detained the women and children for interrogation... Not the U.S.

Most likely after a "request" by the u.s to do so - its got the stench of a u.s backed action to it... Doubt pakistan did it on its own as most likely they dont give a rats ass about osamas widow and kids .. Whereas to the u.s they are "persons of interest". Been around long enough and had the misfortune of encountering / working with u.s spooks in past and this has their dirty little fingerprints all over it.

new topics

top topics

join