It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to Live to Avoid a Natural Disaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
maybe the real question should be;
what is the most desolate spot on planet earth?
furthest from a military base, furthest from a city, furthest from nuke plants etc............
i think that would be closer to my criteria regarding 'safe'.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yeah, just another day here in NZ

There were no tsunami warnings either, which I guess we can be thankful about as well. If you were trying to completely avoid natural disasters, NZ is probably one of the last places you'd go.

But I wouldn't want to be anywhere else
(and I live just a few k's from the Albany mall, but I was in the city when the tornado struck.)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BeaverTail

Did you not hear the news? Africa is splitting apart

In all seriousness, Africa really is splitting apart, and the rift is km's long already (this is not going to happen over a couple of hundred years) and while you can trace the tectonic plates to get more or less of an idea how the split is going to run, with nature, there're no absolutes really.

Africa has it's own fair share of weather anomalies, Namibia being a prime example at the moment with the flooding and hail, as well as Zambia and Ethiopia, which seem to be suffering from earthquake tremors every time and earthquake happens elsewhere in the world, and then has their own minor ones. You just never hear about them. I'm sure I've left out many other cases, I'm just trying to make a quick point here.

Given, it doesn't seem quite as bad as some other places have had it, but that doesn't mean that it can't or won't happen, we here in the old Transvaal now Gauteng, have according to our scientists been due for one massive quake due to the amount of mining for gold in Jozy and how deep those mines actually go. We are definitely feeling the changes in nature as well. I don't believe in taking anything for granted when it comes to nature, she could strike anywhere at any time, therefore nowhere is truly a safe zone. Besides what are you going to do? Completely uproot your entire life, and move? Unless you don't work and earn your income through other means (and make enough through it), that's not exactly practical, now is it?

Let's take Pretoria for example, If I lived in Pretoria and go and build myself a nice cozy little bunker in case tshtf, what happens? We have ourselves a massive earthquake, and Pretoria being snugly built on top of one huge underground lake, my bunker gets flooded, whoopdidooda, so much for that idea. No, trying to avoid natural disasters, will get you no where, you just got to live every day like it's your last, and live by the motto, what will be, will be. You can't live your life in fear, that's not exactly living, is it?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
UK top of the list for me. Sadly we are already overpopulated and financially overburdened, so no room at the inn.
Not that the government can see this, as we continue to be subject to an influx of settling migrants from around the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join