It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Gun Carry Law to be Vetoed by Illinois Governor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

The gun carry bill is posed for passage in Illinois' General Assembly. Gov. Pat Quinn has now said that he will veto any such bill. (His extensive quote giving reasons is in the link.)

www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's not right that an urban cesspool dictates policy to the rest of the state.

Once a city reaches a certain size it should be considered an entity unto itself.

Illinois density map: here

It's absurd.
edit on 3-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I love when he said he was doing it because he knows what's best for the people. He also says that he's vetoing it because he knows where the people stand.

What a scumbag.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He is just vetoing himself out of office.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Yeah, because all of those state reps who got the bill this far are completely out of touch with their constituents.

At least that's what gov dumbass must be thinking if he believes the garbage he's saying.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The answer is simple. Conceal anyway. Just don't put yourself in the position to be searched and you'll be alright. We all know that the U.S. government is attacking our 2nd amendment slowly but surely, but how many people do you think will actually comply? Don't comply.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Illinois is one of the few states that discourage handguns of any kind..
however fear not USA.. our gun rights as a nation have been improving over the past ten or so years..
ten years ago I could not have gotten a CCP in Minnesota without being bonded as a security person..
but two years ago my sheriff had to give me one

a lot more states now are classified as SHALL ISSUE states..
not maybe but shall upon request..
as I am not a felon, I got one

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is a shame. He has the right to do it. I just completely disagree with what he is going to do though. Does anyone know if they can over ride his veto ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yeah, Quinn is a peice of $hit. He raised taxes on Jan 1st, instead of cutting spending, and then he pulls this crap. It's unconstitutional to deprive law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves. What a jerkoff!! I have a Florida CCW license, and carry whenever out of state, and there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do it when I have to travel through the $hithole neighborhoods of Chicago.
edit on 12-5-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
This is a shame. He has the right to do it. I just completely disagree with what he is going to do though. Does anyone know if they can over ride his veto ?

It would take a supermajority, due to the fact that if a law affects home rule (local ordinances such as Chicago's gun laws) in order to override a veto, it takes 2/3 vote instead of simple majority, which we were 6 votes short of. Maybe next year though. JOIN THE NRA!!! Help to support our constitutional rights.

top topics

join