It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting Usama Bin Laden's Death Photo and Video is Against ATS T&C!!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The problem is if ATS finds them to be in violation then a retrace of all the JFK threads would also be in question would they not? Then there is all the threads and videos on the wars. What is considered gore? even simply a dead body is gore is it not? Therefore, a lot of information within this site would then become unavailable or broken and the truth is once again hidden. I personally don't need to see end trails(I've had a lot of experience with it already) however when death is the main topic it should be understood by those that are reading it that there might be possibility of it being seen. Then why stop there even, It (T&C) doesn't stipulate human gore, so all the threads on say horses, dogs, whales, or cryptozoology pics etc. would then have to be trashed as well.

I think that if your thread topic is based on or is going to contain photos or links maybe the warning should be part of the thread title, and maybe ATS should re-evaluate the details of the T&C. IMO

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Were you not here Sunday night and Monday morning when there was a concerted effort to post that already debunked fake in just about every topic out there on OBL?

I was here, but I didnt notice that. I did see the photos, but not hundreds of times, maybe 3 or 4. And I paid no attention to where I saw them.

And no where in my post did I suggest that people should be allowed to post them in any old thread they want to. But a total ban is silly, imho, (and lord knows my opinion is usually highly unpopular with the PTB so I dont expect anyone to care) If the thread title does not have a warning, then the person who posts the gore in the thread should get one.

But, it cripples good debunking to not allow photos for evidence at all. More than a few conspiracies include murder, death, and war. The Kennedy assassination videos show his brains being blown out in real time for goodness sakes, but watching that is important to determine where the bullets were coming from.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think a a warning with a link would be the way to go then you can make a choice to decide if you want to see it ..I personally don't care to have this kind of gore in my face i think it can be investigated with out posting these gore pics a million times wait till the government comes up with there pics then go from there ..And why all the threads on Usama Bin Laden its takeing up thread after thread on ATS.. maybe a forum for just this like the Japan one i can see this kinda thread going on for months ..ATS T&C rules should be followed this is a great site lets not ruin it ...(just my 2 cents) ~~sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I would think that anything that can be shown on CNN should be able to be shown here. That should be the litmus test. If it's shown on basic cable, it's shown here.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I agree there are waay too many threads on essentially the same topics, but at the same time, the mega threads had so much traffic the conversation deteriorated rapidly. you would make a post and by the time you posted 3 new pages had filled up.

This is a pretty big deal, AND this has a huge conspiracy edge to it. If this had just been straight forward, and the government hadnt been caught out in inconsistency after inconsistency, this would taper off pretty quickly.

So this topic isnt "ruining" ATS. Big fast moving topics like this usually draw more attention to ATS.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well then perhaps the solution would be to make a special area of the site, or maybe a forum, for posting such graphic things- with a special warning and the need to "click sign" an explicit agreement before entering.

Because right now the T&C are getting violated all the time with pics and links to graphic stuff that kids should not see. I do not believe that was the intent of Simon long ago with ATS. This site was not supposed to turn into the remains of ogrish.com- now liveleak- but it seems the staff enforcement has all but ceased on the matter.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That video is supposed to be the video???

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I agree there are waay too many threads on essentially the same topics, but at the same time, the mega threads had so much traffic the conversation deteriorated rapidly. you would make a post and by the time you posted 3 new pages had filled up.

This is a pretty big deal, AND this has a huge conspiracy edge to it. If this had just been straight forward, and the government hadnt been caught out in inconsistency after inconsistency, this would taper off pretty quickly.

So this topic isnt "ruining" ATS. Big fast moving topics like this usually draw more attention to ATS.

I understand its a big deal im very happy the USA finally got him ..but i think the threads should be consolated to one forum and ATS rules followed according to the pictures and videos.. I also read the threads but it seems his gore pics are right in your face i just think a warning with a link should be put if there going to be posted ..like i said just my 2 cents

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This video, IMO, is a fake. According to ALL MSM outlets, OBL was shot twice in the head above the left eye and is/was an extremely graphic wound. Clearly he has not been shot twice in the head, and that video is hardly graphic..
edit on 3-5-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
as I am sure most of you are aware
that gov entities visit this site

and you can believe that if the gov
releases a pic or a video then they
are gonna camp out here to see
what happens to their progeny.
Cuz they know sure as hell that
we're gonna scrutinize the heck
out of it every which way from
Sunday.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I do know the government comes here to see whats up. Clearly, they have from almost the beginning been worried about what "conspiracy theorists" are going to do to their little scheme. AND I would like to add that I think we have been a driving force in what is happening now, their "fog of war" explanation, and attempts to revise history.

I also suspect that at least one of those photos was released by "officials" by leaking it to see if that would satisfy us. And clearly we, and I am sure others as well, tore those pictures up in no time flat.

I think we have helped to change the course of history here, and I think it would be a crime and a shame to neuter ATS as a real denier of ignorance simply to appeal to the entertainment crowd. Yes, yes, give them all the bells whistles and coddling they need to feel "safe" being a "dangerous conspiracy theorist,"
but at the same time, dont completely disembowel ATS as an actual contributor in the denial of ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Whether it's real or not it sure is freaky looking...but no head shot? Or did I miss that

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have a much simpler suggestion...

This is at the mods...

A thread the owners or a mod creates that is the single exception

to be linked to and used as embedding...

of course it creates its own issues...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Problem with this video is it appears to be broad daylight. We were told it happened at night. Plus, if those are SEALS they don't look like they are in a hurry to get the heck out of there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why are people over-complicating it? I am sure if released it will be easily found on google. All we have to do is mention it, no need in breaking the rules..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If this video is real then it took a lot longer than 40 minutes. Where ever they are appears to be on scene somewhere. That bandage wrapping looks like it would take 40 minutes alone. And I know for a fact its not on the USS Carl Vinson.
edit on 3-5-2011 by LosLobos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Soooooooooooo plausible. We should show them and simply make a pact and from here on out refuse to comment on anything other than what they officially release. Let them figure it out themselves.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

I say we see the actual operation like Obama did!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeroGuy
reply to post by LosLobos

I say we see the actual operation like Obama did!

I would run for President just so I could have that capability. I would send MIB to my ex wife's house just so I could watch. All my enemies would be on live video.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I couldn't be president. I would be impeached inside 30 days. I would be Nixon on steroids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join