It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOULMATES

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
*Gone Forever*

All I can really say is; If anyone ever reaches their soulmate..it is not going to be easy, it will be intense, and scarey sometimes...many many different emotions surround the both of you, some cannot even be named, but the struggle and the outcome make up for the fight and the defeat..

But then, this was mine and his..our sacred revelation of learning and finding oneanother. Keeping love sacred is the most important advice I can offer pertaining to love. Never give up hope..and never walk away.

I will never walk away..I'm blessed to have found you and sorry for the pain and painting our story for half the world to see.
Mags

[Edited on 12/19/03 by magestica]

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hey Magestica, I think it's really cool you can say all that really personal stuff at the risk of being ridiculed by the sceptics.

I don't know what I think - but I do think you at least have some people that can be soulmates. To me the thought that I only have one is too scarey. I'll never find him - unless he's conveniently living in the same town as I am.

So I hope we have many people who can become our soulmates. I know with me there's only ever been one man who goes beyond what I thought was love before. I really did love people in the past but no one ever felt like some kind of divine family. Maybe family's not the right word to use because it's not family love, but it's like a relation that's meant to be - or maybe has been in another time. It's like home or something like that.

I bet I'm going to be ridiculed now. But I do think there's something literally divine in the love you FIND in the world as opposed to that which you're given from the family you're born into.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My dear Magestica, for a little background, you might wish to search "androgyne".

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It was a nice read. Quite interesting.
Mags

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My dear Magestica, this must have been the engine. The word "androgyne" ( man-woman in Attic) refers to a most charming Ancient Greek story that once we were all both sexes and then we were separated and our lives are spent in search of the other half.
Persist in the search and there is much there upon this theme.
Incidentally, Shakespeare's sonnets touch upon this.
Let none think Estragon posts for scurrilous purposes.

arc

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
magestica I can relate to what you say as I have experienced something similar. I believe less in the idea of soul mate however and more in the idea of a karmic relationship - a person who you will encounter in lifetime after lifetime, often repeating the same situation over and over again.

I have already known mine in this lifetime and kerrymac I understand exactly what you mean by 'divine family'. Our relationship was not healthy and failed but we both felt as if we had known each other before many times. And although such things never happen to me usually we did oneday through joint meditation obtain glimpses of the places we had met previously. One was a valley under a full moon where my partner died with an arrow in his side - all I could really remember was that we were surrounded by an army led by a masked figure bearing a standard. And the other was that we were fleeing across a red desert with others, oddly it did not feel like this planet and at one point it felt as though we were travelling across space.

This person and I always knew that we would not last, but that we would meet again next time round. Ten years on I still meet them in dreams - sometimes their face is hidden, other times we sit and talk. It distresses me on occasion that they are still here and we cannot talk in the waking world, but it feels like the idea of them and what they symbolise is the important part, rather than the physical relationship.

Estragon - interesting that you should mention androyne. I also wonder that you did not mention anima. This person and I were so similar we were often mistaken for siblings

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I commend your bravery! A very interesting personal theory you have there. It's unfortunate that some people will bash others over stupid things like this, yet I sense that it wouldn't bother you.

There's one thing, however, that I don't agree with you on.

Seeing as how we are all individuals, I believe, each and every individual has their OWN soul. Their soul may long for another of a past life or such. However, the soul that someone has could be attracted to a certain type of soul in the same aspects that make our biological bodies attracted to certain others. I hope that makes a little sense.

And those are my two pennies.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
On a more serious note Estragon, I'll search more into it even though the answers for myself could never be found anywhere outside..

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My dear ARC, being dull old Estragon, I didn't leap from the Greek to the later Latin: and I had no wish to introduce baldly "soul" or "spirit". You are right to do so.
This is, I must say, a very interesting thread and I do hope that the quasi-confessional postings are respected and addressed.
This is an area that hovers above dark themes of blood and flesh and demands discretion in a public arena.
I would still suggest an energetic search on the "androgyne", nevertheless: for it is upon this that the whole Western tradition of romance is ultimately grounded (make of that what you will.)

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
And thank you for sharing your story with me..I know it meant alot to you..
Sincerely,
Magestica

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
magestica i to believe in soul mates. I had a dream when I was like 10 about marrying this girl with redish hair and fair skin. For some reason I have rembered this dream and in a way I have been looking for her ever since. By the way I like your avatar. Is that some warrior princess lol

P.S waht nationality are u?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
The word "androgyne" ( man-woman in Attic) refers to a most charming Ancient Greek story that once we were all both sexes and then we were separated and our lives are spent in search of the other half.

does this in any way pertain to the belief that satan is both male and female?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I believe soulmates are "formed" when the soul "possess" the body at conception, then the cells split to make twins.

This could be why twins are oddly connected "spiritually".

And so once they die, they are reborn, and now the souls want to find eachother again, and every time they are split off as twins, their urge to reunite if you could call it that, lessens and lessens, as the newer split over powers.

So yes, I think people could be searching for their soulmate, but they no longer have one, for that soul may have been born many times to other twins and thus split, and so it is too torn to be seeking in return.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I used to believe in soul mates, but have since changed my mind (meaning not only ONE person that can be a soul mate). I believe that as our being progresses, we tend to be drawn to those closest to or slightly above our own spiritually developed self. These beings tend to then gravitate to each other over rebirth's etc. Thus, the belief in soul mates.

Just my opinion..

Besides there are way too many great individuals out there to be bogged down to only one!

Another thought.. why is it always assumed that soulmates are of the opposite sex? (I am married to a woman ... just asking tho.yes.. I am a guy LOL).

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
...exactly...there is more to the concept of 'soulmates' than just love-interests.

Most people find they have 'soul-connections' with various people, but not romantically...these are like 'soul brothers/sisters/friends', those who hold some lesson for us to learn and grow from.

There are also those who we feel attracted to, yet AREN'T meant to be bonded to...for they are merely reflecting to us the love of someone else who IS our match...disaster often comes if we make the mistake of bonding with those 'soulmates' who are merely reflectors of the one...

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I totally respect both of your opinions, and they are good opinions too..But you haven't and won't, change mine. I know I only have one. And I know we will eventually cross paths, if not already. And that is the "hope" that keeps me believing in "love"
( boy I sound really sappy)
Magestica

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
...you don't sound sappy at all...and indeed hold on to that love and tune in to it...may you find it in this life-time...

...if anything I was merely trying to expand upon the concept of 'soulmates'...to point out that there are multiple levels of what constitutes a soulmate...I also believe that we each have the One...its a matter of finding them...recognising them when we do...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Oddly enough, Alien, in the original Greek dialogue to which I referred, Plato not only presented the "androgyne" (i.e. the conventional, heterosexual type: which to me seemed the relevant issue in this context); but two other "split" types" men looking for men and women looking for women.
These two might be thought of as merely metaphorical explanation of male and female homosexuality; but it need not be so and most who are familiar with Plato would see this as in some sense a "psychic" - in the literal Greek sense of "soul" - categorisation: that, regardless of sexuality, some people are looking for the same sex. In short, a perfectly happily married man or woman might still have a "soulmate" of the same sex. It's also reasonable to suggest that Plato (or at least the character of Aristophanes in whose mouth the story is put) may be saying that sex is, for sure, the normal way we go when we seek a "soulmate", ultimately sex may not be the determining factor.
They were wise old birds, the Greeks: I guess I've now spent an entire generation from Second Form at school reading the Greeks with greater or lesser intensity, on and off. Their genius and wisdoom still impress me.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...exactly...there is more to the concept of 'soulmates' than just love-interests.

Most people find they have 'soul-connections' with various people, but not romantically...these are like 'soul brothers/sisters/friends', those who hold some lesson for us to learn and grow from.

There are also those who we feel attracted to, yet AREN'T meant to be bonded to...for they are merely reflecting to us the love of someone else who IS our match...disaster often comes if we make the mistake of bonding with those 'soulmates' who are merely reflectors of the one...

I feel kinda idiotic~
I honestly, merely skimmed over your response and missed what you were saying alltogether.I truly apologize for that.
But now "reading" what you wrote, I think that you have a very good opinion about soulmates and I also have never even thought that we have "reflectors" of our soulmate?? This would definately explain alot of things...
Perhaps it explains also why I have continued to date/marry men who oddly enough, somewhat resemble what he looks like? Yet knowing perfectly well that they were not him. I think they were simply men who would deter me from actually finding him? Like past life enimies or something? And I suppose if one were to continue to make these "mistakes" then one would never find their "soulmate"
The question is; do we know when we've found them? I wonder what the feelings/emotions would be if and when we do? Would it be like(in my case) nearly 30 years or more of complete relief, elation, awakening? Would it be like feeling alive for the first time?
I really don't expect you to know all these answers, by far, I don't expect anyone to. But opinions help

Sincerely,
Magestica

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest.....

I think i have about 4 soulmates?

Two people i have gotton very close with over the last few months and my boyfriend who can read my mind at times and i his!

Its just a connection that we have as both of us do a dangerous job but we give each other the company and love that we need.

I love all my friends but a soulmate is someone i call a very special friend who will stick with me through thick and thin!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join