It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is OUR weather really messed up or is it just me ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have just got home and started to read various stories on the web from the news today.

Apart from Usama Bin Laden (Osama ??????) - that's the correct spelling by the way !!!!!!!!!!!!

The overwhelming stories are weather related.....

1. Giant waterspouts near Hawaii's Honolulu airport
www.bbc.co.uk...

2.Tornado hits New Zealand city of Auckland
www.bbc.co.uk...

3.Forest fires: Wind and sun causing havoc - UK
www.bbc.co.uk...

4.Heatwave sees warmest UK April for more than 100 years
www.bbc.co.uk...

5.Government issues a smog warning for the Easter weekend
www.bbc.co.uk...

I know the last one was from before the bank holiday..BUT the others are all today....... There are changes afoot and is this what they are trying to avoid and take off the 'radar' with osb killing ????

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah Dog, its dead weird, so warm and windy here for Easter/May day, we had a forest fire near me a couple of days ago, this doesnt happen here. Im mainly worried for the flooded states in the USA, enough enough enough.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I've always been a car guy... I have two and my hot rod doesn't come outside on crappy days. I keep it polished and waxed, even took off windshield wipers because I won't drive it when its supposed to rain.

I used to be able to look at the forcast for the day and determine if I was going to take the car out or not.
Over the past 3 years or so its been a guessing game. I've checked the weather and they predict nothing but blue skies. I drive my car to work only to hustle home and park it as the clouds rolled in. I've been caught out in the rain immdiately after detailing it, which drives me nuts!!

I remember when I was a kid, it would rain for a few days straight and we'd be stuck inside. Then it'd be nice for a week or so straight thru. Now I've woke up to sunny days, that get cloudy and rainy by noon, then clears up for sunset and you end up seeing every star in the sky. Two years ago we had tornados.. in January!!

Global warming, HAARP... something is going on

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I know its an unpopular belief here on ATS, but I believe its because of man made global warming and I think we will see more it more often.
edit on 3-5-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I think the weather the past few years has been changing quickly and more extreme because of it reacting to our ever changing impact. like a dog with too many fleas rolling in the mud trying to soothe its skin.

I think it is a combination of that and things like the apocalypse, haarp, and just all the crazy stuff we have done to the ozone and earth as a whole.

ITS TIME ALL RIGHT

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I went to Wales at the weekend and had 4 days of unbroken sunshine....absolutely unheard of!!!

I think this long spell of warm weather in the UK is very odd - i cant remember another April like it. I expect our Summer to be a wash out now though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
its going to keep getting weirder and weirder....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Sure has been wierd.. especially down here in Devon..

The last two days it's been threatening a major storm, but has only given showers, yet the wind has been up quite strong. There is a big chill in the air too.

What was t-shirt weather is now t-shirt, shirt, jacket, hat weather.. whilst carrying an umbrella just in case..

I am expecting an all out gale to occur..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Add Poland to that list:
kontakt24.tvn.pl...
It feels really weird, it was almost summer-like hot two days ago

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Down in sunny East Sussex we have had virtually no rain at all. 46mm in the last month. In April...when you expect it to piss down half the time. Some fantastic weather, unless your a gardener. All the foliage is the wrong colour for the time of year, a much light green than the lush green you normally get in spring.

It seems that our seasons have changed recently, much shorter spring and autumn with winter and summer being more extreme. Could climate change occur this quickly?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I know what you mean a lot of my summer flowering plants are already in bloom... very weird when the snowdrops & crocuses are just dying back and the bluebells are still in bloom

My garden is planted so when some die back others come into bloom to give me year round colour so from the stand point that is now messed up something seems and feels very wrong...

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes from here... but I think it'll only get weirder...

reply to post by rlro2009

Waves from the Ouse Valley

edit on 3/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Its like 90-100 degree over here in East Los Angeles and couple days ago was really cold, and now I end up with a cold in 90 degree weather

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I live a few kilometres from the mall that got hit by the tornado in Albany, NZ. Although tornadoes of such magnitude are rare, they are not unheard of in the area. Almost exactly 20 years ago, a tornado struck Albany that caused minor damage, with one man killed. The Auckland area gets on average a couple of small tornadoes/waterspouts each year, so it isn't exactly highly unusual. In march we had a funnel cloud form over Auckland, but it never reached the ground to become a tornado.

My opinion is that the weather has always been messed up. We tend to think what is happening now is more important or weirder than the past, but this is often not the case. The advent of the internet and real time reporting, with the multitude of videoes and pics available now means we hear and take notice of such events much more than we would have 20 years ago. For example, most of you would not have known about the Albany tornado of 1991, yet it was of a similiar magnitude. But in 2011, we have common technology that allows many videos to be taken and the world finds out instantly.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
OK, Down here in my part of East Sussex, (it was just Sussex when I was a kid) I've seen all sorts of weather.Being an "old country boy" who was around long before the interwebs were even dreamt of I've always kept an eye on the weather.In England it's always changing, never the same,never has been,just depends which way the prevailing winds blowing.From the deep snows of winter 62/63 to the drought of 76 ( I was riding around at night on my motorbike in shorts and a shirt and still hot,can you imagine that today in the UK?).The weather of the last few years is nothing special.One thing I have noticed is that most people have a very short term memory about weather.
I recently found an old book that I read as a kid, The Gamekeeper at Home,written in the mid 1800's one bit made me do a doubletake, "and in those winters where there are no frosts"...winters without any frosts,I've never known that !.
The traditional "springs on it's way" indicators such as frogspawn, I've seen an 8 week differance !.Swallows,Swifts,Cuckoos,Terns,winter geese,Woodcock,Fieldfares etc, huge variations over the years.Nature dose not stick to the calender.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Let's not forget about the wildfires in Texas that has consumed something like 2 million square acres. Or the flooding and tornadoes in the New Madrid area.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike55555

I completely agree with your post. Most people don't remember or didn't take as much notice of events in the past, causing them to think what's happening now is different. In meteorology we have an "average" for almost everything, but you cannot expect to get the average every year. It is always going to fluctuate. For example, getting an "above average" amount of rainfall in a small localised area over a month does not mean that the weather is weird, it just shows the natural variability of such events.

I think it's good that people are taking notice though. It pays to be aware of the possibilities of what this planet can throw at us, if it means we can be better prepared for when (not if) something of severe magnitude happens.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Prairie snowstorms - April 30 - May 1

www.cbc.ca...

Flood experts in Manitoba and Saskatchewan were assessing the impact of an unwelcome weekend snowstorm that has been linked to at least five deaths, shut highways and threatened to damage flood protection measures, such as dikes and berms.

Doreen Seaman, who owns a motel in Wolseley, Sask., said the storm packed a wallop with blowing, drifting snow.

"You couldn't see two feet in front of you," she said. "These people were coming in here one right after another just terrified. In fact we've had three people stay here who sat [parked on the highway] for 10 to 12 hours. Stuck. No food. Nothing."

This probably had some impact on the northern states as well....

In Manitoba, Highway 6 north of Winnipeg was closed due to slippery and snow-covered conditions, as was Highway 75 from Winnipeg to the United States. Those routes re-opened later Sunday although Highway 75 was closed at Morris due to flooding.

I thought we were done with the snow......

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Here in Sweden we hade +20c in April on the news they say we got summer in April and spring in May (?)

new topics

top topics

join