It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Debt Rating Should Be 'C': Independent Agency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

US Debt Rating Should Be 'C': Independent Agency

There have been increasing concerns about the fate of United States' prized triple-A sovereign debt rating. While Standard and Poor's recently downgraded its U.S. debt outlook to negative from stable, implying that a ratings cut could happen in two years, one independent ratings agency has given the U.S. sovereign rating a "C".

A lot is happening right now in terms of restructuring the global currency. The US is soon going to be rated below Mexico. Anyone care? Do you think anyone is reading this story today? Ahh forget it, let's all have a "Osama Bin Laden" death party/picnic this weekend!

www.cnbc.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think giving the states a "c" is playing nice. A lot of numbers these guys don't know about.. Still better than my credit score..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't think people can see the posible repercussions of the re-vamping / recranking in the world of finance. I suspect there is a terrible battle going on to stop the US$ sliding further and the consequent domino effect that would start.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
I don't think people can see the posible repercussions of the re-vamping / recranking in the world of finance. I suspect there is a terrible battle going on to stop the US$ sliding further and the consequent domino effect that would start.

Agreed and thanks...unfortunately, I believe it has started and is at a turning point. Now the real fun begins!

CJ

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOops

It is being nice BlackOops...I wonder why no one cares? This is happeneing people. Get ready.

CJ

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The great USA way of Dollar free flow

■ Print your way out.
Joe pays his debt by credit card. He pays more debts with more credit cards. Because God throws money from the sky. Thus, "In God we trust".
■ When threatened by commodities, activate JP Morgan, CFTC, COMEX and CME Group to manipulate/suppress everything (recent silver hit job) by all means.
■ China still loves US Dollar; just like an overgrown retard dependent of his caretaker.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the 'Certified' ratings agencies (Awarded their Status rather than Earned) will never downgrade the USA Paper lower than AAa....

there's many thousands of nukes and warheads to back up their position.

now quit worrying & fretting

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

We are unfortunately one step closer to the nuke option apparently!

CJ
edit on 5-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Highly Agree, the United States needs to stop thinking they are A rated, when an economy needs their gov't to bail them out, you no longer are an A.

I just saw they made a 2 trillion dollar error? guess they should be a D rating for not being able to add correctly.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As much of the economic turmoil as of late has been U.S. related, I think far too many are too quick to dismiss the rest of the "Western" world's economic woes. Anyone living in Western Europe that is criticizing the U.S. economically, take a look in the mirror, we're all in the same boat.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I believe the Gov feels S&P made an error, but I may have read that wrong. How is it the S&P is not controlled by the government yet?

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

Exactly; the boat is also for sale due to the fact it's glass bottom is cracking, pretty badly. We just may be sunk this time.

CJ

top topics

join