It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Osama Bin Laden is dead, can we fire the TSA and bring back (some) freedom in America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think this is a relevant question...

Bin Laden is dead, we've been told. What a relief! According to the official White House explanation of events, it was Bin Laden who masterminded the 9/11 airplane hijackings and commanded his minions to fly them into the World Trade Center buildings. Therefore, we were told, we needed to bring in a whole new layer of airport security across America to keep us all safe from the evil mind of Bin Laden. This, of course, gave rise to the TSA.

Now over 60,000 agents strong, the TSA is the agency that feels our junk while ordering us to throw away our bottled water. They're the ones that march us through those naked body scanners or order us to spread our legs while they feel our private parts with the backs of their hands. We're all repeatedly being backhanded by our own government agents, in other words.

Why America needs a boogeyman
Don't hold your breath on all this, of course. America needs Bin Laden, you see. Or someone like him. Because every great war needs a great boogeyman. And Osama Bin Laden, even though he has been reported dead at least nine times over the last decade, has served a much-needed role to keep people focused on a war effort that has brought America no peace, no security and no freedom.

Read more HERE

You are living in a perpetual war-terror state. Just get over it

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good luck with this coming true.

I think things are about to get much worse for us all!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

I know. Worst indeed, but sarcastic too, like the text above.

edit on 3-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Terrorist threats will occur more often now so i think security will be beefed up.....sadly.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Terrorist threats will occur more often now so i think security will be beefed up.....sadly.

This is what they want people believe. And you will see and feel this every day comming from TV. And the terror level rises again....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

Don't hold your breath on freedom

Uh, not so fast. You see, even though we were told that Osama Bin Laden was the "evil mastermind" behind the terror that threatened America, and even though the so-called "war on terror" was focused in large part on hunting down this one individual, President Obama now tells us that killing Bin Laden has made America more dangerous than ever before.

Huh? Wasn't killing Bin Laden supposed to make us safer? Sort of like killing Hitler and taking out the Nazi war machine?

Learn more:here

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We'll never be free again.

Think about all those kids out Sunday night chanting "USA, USA."

They're products of the "post 911 world." Theyve never known anything other than the Patriot Act, Gitmo and the TSA. They'll just go on to support all of this garbage for the rest of their lives.

A fish born in a bowl has never seen the ocean.

The rest of us will just get chopped up and canned like tuna while the pretty fish in the bowl gets all the love and attention.

The only thing that can save liberty at this point is burning the whole thing down and starting over.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

The rest of us will just get chopped up and canned like tuna while the pretty fish in the bowl gets all the love and attention.

The only thing that can save liberty at this point is burning the whole thing down and starting over.

Agree with you about all you wrote. Just one more thing, Were we free sometime in the history? sfy

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Agree with you about all you wrote. Just one more thing, Were we free sometime in the history? sfy

By "we" do you mean the US?

If so, I'd say the freest we've ever been was from 1783 to 1794.

That was the brief window of time where we had no tyrant to rule over us.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
wow. Obama gave the order and special OPS took out Osama bin laden....and...now....WE ARE LOSING OUR FREEDOMS!!!!!.....yeah...(yawn)...of course we are. look, do some laws need to be changed?...yes...do some laws need to be done away with?...yes....should some laws be enacted?...yes. i guess because i'm one of the "sheeple"...i haven't noticed that any more of my freedoms have been taken away.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
wow. Obama gave the order and special OPS took out Osama bin laden....and...now....WE ARE LOSING OUR FREEDOMS!!!!!.....yeah...(yawn)...of course we are. look, do some laws need to be changed?...yes...do some laws need to be done away with?...yes....should some laws be enacted?...yes. i guess because i'm one of the "sheeple"...i haven't noticed that any more of my freedoms have been taken away.

Wow, that's how a little sheep wake up and stop counting other little sheeps.

Wow, little sheep(an)ses seems to liked and agreed with WE ARE LOSING OUR FREEDOMS, this is not great?
yhey

Wow, this is just too much.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Of course our freedoms are being taken away.

You can't wear shoes while going though security at the airport anymore can you?

How dare the government take away our freedom of wearing shoes through airport security!

Honestly, I travel a lot by plane and I have never had a problem. People complain about the pat downs, but to tell the truth, I get a more invasive pat down when I go through securtiy at Ozzfest every year. And yes, they pat down little children who go through the gates.

Next time you feel you have been "molested" by the tsa, go to a rock concert. Those securtiy guys will make you think tsa gave you a pat on the back.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Now that Osama Bin Laden is dead, can we fire the TSA and bring back (some) freedom in America?

Sadly I doubt it,I would expect tighter controls and security searches in the near future at least.
The security people are edgy right now,globally.

Hopefully its for nothing,but who knows whats happening behind the scenes right now?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good luck with that happening....

edit on 3-5-2011 by Revelation11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am sad to say that you are right.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by RUSSO

Sadly I doubt it,I would expect tighter controls and security searches in the near future at least.
The security people are edgy right now,globally.

Hopefully its for nothing,but who knows whats happening behind the scenes right now?

Surely they have a agenda. What makes me wonder why wikileaks bring those documents about the al qaeda hidding a bomb in Europe. Hopefully its for nothing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

When 911 happened the people of The United States Of America gave up many of their freedoms by way of the Patriot Act under the guise that the government will protect you from terroists. The people will be unable to fire the TSA because it is a control mechanism entrenched in place by the government and we are told to further prevent terroism. ^Y^

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
reply to post by RUSSO

When 911 happened the people of The United States Of America gave up many of their freedoms by way of the Patriot Act under the guise that the government will protect you from terroists. The people will be unable to fire the TSA because it is a control mechanism entrenched in place by the government and we are told to further prevent terroism. ^Y^

I know Amari, just to make clear this thread (and the article above illustrate this very well) is about how ironic is this terror-war-laden-bush-obama-tsa thing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

By "we" do you mean the US?

If so, I'd say the freest we've ever been was from 1783 to 1794.

That was the brief window of time where we had no tyrant to rule over us.

By we I mean all the humans. But can you explain why this especific years?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by RUSSO

These are the years from the end of the Revolutionary War to the year that Washington lead a bunch of federal troops up to Pennsylvania to stomp a bunch of farmers for not paying their tithing.

You had the face of free America playing revenue man. The liberty experiment was official killed that year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join