It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed: Osama bin Laden Death Photo (WARNING, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Its a total fake! Come on ATSers we can do better then this. I cant belive you are all falling for this edited paint shop. lol

look around the beard on his right side and along his right side of his face. you can see the edit lines

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

There is no way we can determine wether or not the colouration of the blood on the body is in fact the correct colour, without having a detailed chronology of the events immediately after the death of the subject. We would need to know how much time elapsed betweeen death, and the wrapping of the body, what it was wrapped in, what conditions it was transported in, and what temperatures, humidity levels, and a whole plethora of other factors the body was exposed to between death , and the photograph being taken. Also, there are a few blood diseases which may have baring on the colour of the blood we are seeing. Finaly ,there are the circumstances under which the photograph was taken to consider also.
Without knowing far more than we do about the circumstances of the whole incident, we cannot make spurious comments about the appearance of the corpse.
That said , I am now CONSIDERABLY more hungry than I was.
Fake or not, making claims about blood colour is a matter of forensics, a science which can tell one all one needs to know about a scene photo of this nature.
edit on 3-5-2011 by TrueBrit because: Lifes a beach, and then you get sand in your crack.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I was thinking the same thing! In all the videos, he is very grey!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

its a photoshoped photo so it dosent really matter

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Aeons
Release the DNA results. That I'd find far more interesting.

Why? They've already said it was Bin Laden DNA, and now there's no possibility for independent testing. You either believe them or don't, it's irrelevant.

Why? Because if it is true, then there is the possibility of cross referencing.

There are tons of half brothers and sisters. Many of whom are also cousins, since co-sanguineous marriage is very common in that part of the world.

If it is true, most of the brothers and sisters who are aligned will not say anything after they check it out themselves.

If it is not true, the whole lot of them will come out to be tested.

The ones that offer to be tested out of hand can be expected that they are not affiliated with Al-Qaeda’s mission in any way.

You may assume that some of the family will grab their 15 minutes of fame, and put their DNA out into the public.

link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by moogins

There is no way we can determine wether or not the colouration of the blood on the body is in fact the correct colour, without having a detailed chronology of the events immediately after the death of the subject. We would need to know how much time elapsed betweeen death, and the wrapping of the body, what it was wrapped in, what conditions it was transported in, and what temperatures, humidity levels, and a whole plethora of other factors the body was exposed to between death , and the photograph being taken. Also, there are a few blood diseases which may have baring on the colour of the blood we are seeing. Finaly ,there are the circumstances under which the photograph was taken to consider also.
Without knowing far more than we do about the circumstances of the whole incident, we cannot make spurious comments about the appearance of the corpse.
That said , I am now CONSIDERABLY more hungry than I was.
Fake or not, making claims about blood colour is a matter of forensics, a science which can tell one all one needs to know about a scene photo of this nature.
edit on 3-5-2011 by TrueBrit because: Lifes a beach, and then you get sand in your crack.

See my post on the 2nd page, it's fake.. I showed the original.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Direct link (I hope) to the original photo.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by Realms
No entry wound to the alleged shot to the left eye.
FAKE!

Key word = Above

. The head wound is above his left eye

abcnews.go.com...

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
If someone dies is it normal for his mouth/lips to be locked closed?

Lips and eyelids are actually sewed shut before a funeral, but I'm pretty sure that is only done by the mortician, while preparing the body for viewing. I wouldn't think SEALS would bother with it.

An entry wound into the left eye would not blow the top of his head off. It would blow the back of the head off. If a 50 cal was used, either at long range or CQB range, there wouldn't be a head to view to begin with. Either 223 cal or something of the like would penetrate through the eye and exit with massive force out the back of the head. It only takes someone familiar with ammunition ballistics to figure that out.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I know, but what I am responding to is the reaction to the blood colour, not the question of wether or not digital editing has been applied to the image. Good spot on your part though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
That doesn't look real to me.

it's not real.
3 reasons

1) Wound is NOT consistent with a single or even
a double pop to the head.

2) There are no bone fragments in the wound, It's all skin
and flesh.

3) You cannot have a wound that size without tearing
of the brain tissue. The brain tissue and structure is
normal. No tearing and intact. This is what the brain would look
like if a surgeon had opened the skull to do an operation
but def not a bullet wound.

nice try guys, but still no cigar

fake

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

No entry wound to the alleged shot to the left eye.
FAKE!

The head wound is above his left eye,
abcnews.go.com...

Which part are you having difficulties understanding?

An entry wound into the left eye would not blow the top of his head off. It only takes someone familiar with ammunition ballistics to figure that out.

It only takes someone familiar with words, to understand the difference between 'into' and 'above.'

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
This is a fake. a 4 year old can make it. you guys that Globule? you can see the Photo Shopped likes on and around his beard. I dont think a double tap with a .223 round can do that much damage

Navy SEALS don't use .223 ammo except
for an M-4 which probably was not used
for this type scenario.

it would be a 9MM round from an MP5

www.specialoperations.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am all for osama not being dead, or even more likely to me osama being dead a long time ago. At the same time the image that was linked in here to me looks real. After messing with levels and doing some pixel peeping, i fail to see the tell tale signs of fakery, although its a low image resolution so it hides it much better and very well could be fake.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Although this is proven to be fake, I do believe that we should be expecting an image similar to this one. Whether the official release is real or not is a debate that will dominate the boards for another week and take our attention away from the real news.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
forum.mediakora.com...

I found this picture surfing around.

Is this a fake as well?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I tried posting this PROOF earlier on yesterday but the ATS admins. deleted my post TWICE!!! Using the excuse of there being gore in the photo? And this post does not???

farm6.static.flickr.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

God - DAMN! That's a T&C Violation if I've ever seen one.
And plus, just judging from what I can see in the photo, that one's probably not him either...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join