It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden’s Neighbour: “None Of This Is True”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

But their children played with children from the compound, they got occasinal lifts to the market.

Ok you have peaked my interest with that one line there. Honestly the only reading I have done about the whole situation has been on here at ats. I want to know if children were in the compound where were they during the raid? This is the first time I have heard it mentioned so excuse my ignorance if it's common knowledge by now, yes I have been too busy to read all the conflicting reports out in the mainstream thus far.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Read the article the previous poster linked to then -

Khurshid Bibi, in her 70s, said one man living in the compound had given her a lift to the market in the rain. She said her grandchildren played with the kids in the house and that the adults there gave them rabbits as a gift.

and

As Navy SEALs swept through the compound early Monday, they handcuffed those they encountered with plastic zip ties and pressed on in pursuit of bin Laden. After killing the terror leader, his son and two others, they doubled back to move nine women and 23 children away from the compound, according to U.S. officials.

- www.chron.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Gotcha ,was gonna go back and read the article, it was just one of the things that never crossed my mind initially. Thanks for embedding it though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

the report is appearing all over the place now - even the local city rag has it, so I guess that makes it "MSM" so untrustowrthy!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Well, Osama may have stayed inside. But the neighbor(s) should have noticed the couriers coming and going, right?

And what would they have seen?

Someone going in a gate occasionally, someone coming out of a gate occasionally.

Carrying groceries, the occasional bag, perhaps a computer or 2 every now & then.

they would look like normal traffic into and out of a largish household.

What would be unusual about them??

I'm pretty sure AQ couriers don't wear a uniform with "OBL Personal Courier" service ribbons on it.....

Edit: I see the poster 2 above hasd linked to an article where the neighbours said they saw some unusual things - they didn't distribute charity, they had big cars - SUV's. But their children played with children from the compound, they got occasinal lifts to the market.

which part of that do you think shouts "OSAMA IZ HERE"??

edit on 3-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Assuming Pakistan is similar to other third world countries in which I've resided - EVERYBODY knows EVERYTHING about EVERYONE in their community - it's basically everyone's chief hobby. Whereas it's common in America not to know your neighbors, that is not so in other cultures. The neighbors would not stop until they knew everything about the people living in that compound and would talk to each other endlessly about it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Except this isn't a little village, and yuo can talk all you like but if you dont' see inside the walls then all you are doing is talking.

Pigeonholing hte behaviour of the whole south-asian islamic world into one pattern that fits your pet fantasy is a pretty stupid thing to do IMO.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have no clue if this has been mentioned anywhere, and this seems like it might be an appropriate place, given the subject. I can't seem to find anything about this story that was relayed to me by a coworker.

He said he saw a report (he thinks it was on CNN) about the locals being interviewed this week calling OBL's compound in Abbotabad by the name of the mountain in Afganistan that his cave was in and snickering? I'm not sure what the name of the mountain is...Ever White Mountain, maybe? Rumor has it, they've been calling the compound by that name for years?

Has anyone seen this interview? If not, keep an eye out? Thanks.

Sort of a weird story, if true, because it seems to want people to think the neighbors knew and appears to be in direct contradiction to the report in this OP.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Why would anyone know if OBL is their neighbor? LOL if i were one of the top most wanted people I'd hide in my house.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here's another story about neighbors...

Bin Laden's neighbors noticed unusual things

I'm still looking for the story about the mountain. I think it was on CBS World News late last night.)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone has said this before but his compound sounds more like a jail than a hideout. Maybe, he was being kept there on house arrest until the time was right? Just a thought.

Do we have any info on who built the compound?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I have no clue if this has been mentioned anywhere, and this seems like it might be an appropriate place, given the subject. I can't seem to find anything about this story that was relayed to me by a coworker.

He said he saw a report (he thinks it was on CNN) about the locals being interviewed this week calling OBL's compound in Abbotabad by the name of the mountain in Afganistan that his cave was in and snickering? I'm not sure what the name of the mountain is...Ever White Mountain, maybe? Rumor has it, they've been calling the compound by that name for years?

Has anyone seen this interview? If not, keep an eye out? Thanks.

Sort of a weird story, if true, because it seems to want people to think the neighbors knew and appears to be in direct contradiction to the report in this OP.

Some residents said the house was known in the area as "Waziristan Mansion" as it was owned by a man from Waziristan tribal region—the mountainous Pakistani area where many assumed bin Laden had sought refuge.

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Assuming Pakistan is similar to other third world countries in which I've resided - EVERYBODY knows EVERYTHING about EVERYONE in their community - it's basically everyone's chief hobby.

Especially living in such a dangerous country, it is often a matter of life and death. So these people better know who they are living next to. The witness is basically telling you to your face that this story is complete and utter hogwash. Yeah, like some other poster said, why did Bin Laden need to go outside and take walks when he would walk in his house for six years without ever seeing the light of day. Maybe Bin Laden is Howard Hughes.

Gee, really tough to figure out who has money to burn in a piss poor country to rent this mansion.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayjayjj50
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

This really isnt shocking and unlike Americans, Pakistanis are not obsessed with the activities of their neighbors. If there not being affected by it they could care less.

Thats possible, and it could be possible that the surrounding area was a huge supporter of OBL and could be spreading misinformation. Time will tell. All I know for a fact, is that Obama went public stating that OBL was killed while armed and using his wife as a human sheild but even that statement was recanted. They're now saying he was unarmed... I guess we're all in a state of shock right now, and the truth will eventually be released.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Bin Laden's Neighbor, Owner of both properties either side of the compound: SAYS "None Of This Is True"

So, from this, we are to assume that the neighbor had access to the inside of the compound and had conducted a thorough search of the entire premises for no apparent reason....just so we are clear, are we supposed to believe this?

Do you know who is in your neighbor's house? How can you be sure....I mean absolutely sure?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Isn't the bigger threat the fact that they didn't put him through trial and show the world the evidence they have against him to support their claims that he is the leader of a terrorist organization?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join