It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Koolaid drinkers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Koolaid drinkers are just people that drink up the propaganda that is put out.
Turn Off Your TV News, It's All Lies.
Turn It Off. Kill Your TV

Tim Osman (osama), Just Another Fabled Enemy.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by Squirt1 because: Misspelled

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Squirt1

Youtube link malformed...

Yes, Osama was in the CIA. But most people don't know that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Squirt1

Did you take your meds today?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Squirt1

it is also a reference to a nasty practice that went on back in the 60's of offering '___'-spiked kool-aid to unsuspecting people.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

I think the OP has a very good point. Osama was CIA - "Tim Osman" he went by. The TV is filled with lies, and so that point is a good one as well, to turn off your TV. I haven't watched TV in ages.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'll have you know i'm drinking koo-aid at this very moment, and im none of those things, hell I haven't touched TV in months. sterotyper

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Let us not forget Jim Jones' cyanide laced concoction at Jonestown. As those Kool-Aid Drinkers willingly took the deadly punch offered by a "charismatic" charlatan, I tend to peg that as the true origin of the phrase.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Ye Gods, Man! Do you have any idea what that Red 40 will do to you?

Good luck.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by FPB214

I think the OP has a very good point. Osama was CIA - "Tim Osman" he went by. The TV is filled with lies, and so that point is a good one as well, to turn off your TV. I haven't watched TV in ages.

I was making a joke, because let's be straightforward. You encounter lies throughout your life TV or not. You are on the internet, you are on ATS, this IS media and THIS website contains lies. You need to be skeptical and see each side of whatever your questioning, but when you freak out and think "omg its all lies, its all brainwashing, its evil stay away before it consumes your mind. ITS ALL LIES!." That's being a little too dramatic. Im assuming your talking about news channel's when it comes to the TV lying to the public correct?

Considering there are educational channel's that don't talk about anything on the news, just the Earth, it's history, it's culture and so on and thats all lies? Like I said, this type of thinking is just as bad as people who believe every word they hear. The best spot to be is in the middle. Don't believe every single word you hear, but don't believe every single bit of it is all lies.

TV or not, your on the internet. Admit it, this IS media, and it is actually worse than TV in some cases. When im watching a tv show on the different cultures of the world, that is somehow all lies? That doesn't even make sense, considering it wouldn't even serve a purpose.

Can anyone tell me all the different ways the TV alone feeds you lies? Im just curious. TV feeds much bull****, such as MTV, but when I watch the news and see two people debating eachother with totally different opinions on an issue, that's all just lies and im being brainwashed?

Like I said, most of the time when I watch the news I see information about what a certain state is doing, or a new bill my state is trying to push and so on. Yet, that's for some reason all lies and is not happening at all?
edit on 3-5-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
reply to post by Nobama

Good luck.

F.D.A. Blue #5 and Yellow #6 are even worse!.... DON'T DRINK THE GREEN KOOLAID !

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i was running some errands today and i was checking out the newspaper headlines.

"the world is safer" now and i shook my head in disgust

"liquidated" etc

there one was tho that brought a smile to my face tho and it read:

is osama really dead?

i loved that headline it was beautiful.

the koolaid drinkers are the people who buy into the fantasy of bin laden is dead.

the koolaid drinkers are those idiots celebrated death.

quite franky as of this moment i am quite ashamed to be an american.

see all those middle eastern people cheering and doing what they normally do

i use to think that as an american we were better than that some of us are some of us didnt celebrate

some of us say to ourselves why it came to that i didnt cheer when saddam and uday and kusay were killed

i thought to myself why did it have to come to that.

i am ashamed of my own country more so than i have ever been in my life this country has the collective intelligence of a box of rocks for the most part however there are too few exceptions to that general rule.

simply put america itself has become a nation that needs an intervention and someone has to say ENOUGH WITH THE KOOLAID.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
simply put america itself has become a nation that needs an intervention and someone has to say ENOUGH WITH THE KOOLAID.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Let us not forget Jim Jones' cyanide laced concoction at Jonestown. As those Kool-Aid Drinkers willingly took the deadly punch offered by a "charismatic" charlatan, I tend to peg that as the true origin of the phrase.

I agree with this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2011 by Squirt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
U-tube link Corrected.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

I recommend the series - How To: Stupify Society. This will shed more light on your questions.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

While I understand where you're coming from, I will say that even some of the non-news programs are lies. And the "lifestyle" lie - the Disney Consumer lie.

Point is, that on the web, You will find truth. No guarantee of that (and highly unlikely, even) on the TV at all. You may find lies here, but truth is intermingled.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Nobama

Good luck.

Wait till he finds out how they make it red.

Obama may or may not have been in the CIA, but he and the other Afghani freedom-fighters worked with them to toss out the Soviets in the '70s. That when and why al-Qaeda was formed.

/TOA

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Get a grip.

No, Bin Laden was never "in the CIA". Any more than the corner snitch is "on the police department". He was what's known as an asset, at one time. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

Contemplate the thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join