It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? (don't ask the chicken)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's an amazing coincidence that just before a front moves in, lasting contrails are seen in the sky. Then almost like clockwork, it rains. Then there is usually a day or two of little to no lasting trails.

One might ponder the affects the plane's emissions had on the rain. Or he might ponder the fact that these trails magically caused it to rain. Then, once he pondered those aspects of the big picture, he might even think that it's possible that the coming rain had an affect on the lasting contrails.

So the question becomes, what came first, the lasting contrails, or the storm front?
edit on 3-5-2011 by network dude because: chemtrails are fantasy

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know this might sound stupid, but what is a "contrail"?
I've heard of chemtrails.
If someone could tell me without insulting me that would be nice.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg
I know this might sound stupid, but what is a "contrail"?
I've heard of chemtrails.
If someone could tell me without insulting me that would be nice.

A contrail is a visual trail left behind a plane. Usually at higher altitudes like 20 or 30K feet. The trail is left as a result of hot exhaust exiting the tail pipe and meeting very cold air. The persistence of the trail depends on Humidity.

A lot of people believe that what everyone sees in the skys isn't "chemtrails" at all, but simply contrails. We find it hard to believe that any group would spend billions of dollars producing lines in the sky that look exactly like the lines that regular planes form. And the chemtrail crowd thinks that we are crazy and some group is indeed spending billions of dollars to produce lines in the sky for a huge array of reasons ranging from global de-population, to hiding Niburu until the final seconds when it crashes into planet earth.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That being said.
I'm guessing the front came first.
It just seems to me like the "contrails" wouldn't have much of an effect on the weather.
I've seen these millions of times, with no effect on the weather at all.
It's probably just a coincidence.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The way you can tell the difference between contrails and chem-trails is by looking at them.

Contrails disperse a lot faster and chem-trails somehow stay in place for a few minutes.

The video above pretty much shows the difference....

Just thought you should know...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I don't believe in chemtrails anymore.
It just isn't logical.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

Well you can see the difference in the video above...

Its just physics...

Kind of hard not to believe, since the evidence is right in front of you..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The reason it isn't logical is because the people who create "chem-trails"
are also subject to these "chem-trails".
The difference in the two could be due to atmosphere or altitude.
Either way this is not what this thread is about.
Go somewhere else.

edit on 3-5-2011 by PoopDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

being a fan of science myself, I cannot help but wonder if both of those planes are flying at the same altitude?
being that there can be vast differences in conditions within a few thousand feet and also knowing that aircraft don't usually occupy the same airspace to avoid those nasty air to air disasters, isn't it possible that conditions were favorable for lasting contrail formation for one plane and not so much for the other?

please don't let my logic change your opinion. I have long heard that the best way to identify the chemical makeup of a cloud like formation is to view it from a few miles away. With naked eyes. using no scientific equipment at all. and then taking pictures of it claiming proof. from miles away.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg

That being said.
I'm guessing the front came first.
It just seems to me like the "contrails" wouldn't have much of an effect on the weather.
I've seen these millions of times, with no effect on the weather at all.
It's probably just a coincidence.

I think the front caused the trails to form, so I would have to agree with you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There is no way to tell the altitude, but by just looking at it, it looks like the contrail is slightly higher up then the chem-trail.

The conditions wouldn't be much different since they are after all in the same area as each other and the difference in altitude looks to be like only a hundred feet or so, which is my guess of course, so the altitude weather, which of course changes do to getting higher up, wouldn't make a difference.

It just looks funny to me, since contrails dissolve way faster then these other trails which tend to stick around for 10-20 minutes at a time, maybe longer. I see them in my area that I live in and planes with contrails go by as well, so the difference is distinguishable to me. Since the weather in my area is constant for 2 seasons out of the year, so its more of a 3 season year.

There has also been reports in some towns of finding an orange type of sludge on the ground and tests were done on it and what came back was a variation of chemicals, one being a toxic called barium. I will look it up.

Edited to add: the seasons in my area, just means there is a lot of constant temperatures around here so it just makes for breaking up of the trails easier or harder, either way the timing of either would be relatively close and it isn't.

Edited again to add: I couldn't find the specific article I remember seeing, but I found this following video, which I recommend you watch, it shows a plane spraying chemicals, then stops midway through spraying. Now that is some evidence.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Quickfix because: Spelling.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

what if I told you that those planes might be thousands of feet and up to 10's of thousands of feet different? Would that affect your decision?

and what if I told you that the video you linked from Tanker Enemy was actually a joke some KC-135 crew members made to pick on silly chemtrail believers? Would that affect your claim of evidence?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Usually a hypothetical question, gets a hypothetical answer, just so you know.

The plane being up higher wouldn't make a difference, there still would be a contrail or chem-trail. It being up even higher would make more of a contrail on your side of the debate, since the moisture in the air is usually higher up and since it is colder up higher it would form the contrail easier.

And with your response to the video being a hoax, do you have some other video or thread to point to, to show for your what if view point?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

Usually a hypothetical question, gets a hypothetical answer, just so you know.

The plane being up higher wouldn't make a difference, there still would be a contrail or chem-trail. It being up even higher would make more of a contrail on your side of the debate, since the moisture in the air is usually higher up and since it is colder up higher it would form the contrail easier.

I suggest you take a hot air balloon ride. In shorts and a tank top. Then ask to stop at various altitudes. 10,000', 15,000' and up to 25,000' be sure to bring oxygen as the air is a bit thin up there. But let me know how warm it is at 15,000'. The shorts might seem like a bad idea then. If you look at weather balloon data, you see how the temperature changes at different altitudes. www.classzone.com...

And with your response to the video being a hoax, do you have some other video or thread to point to, to show for your what if view point?

contrailscience.com...
the above link will explain that video in great detail.

The people who subscribe to the theory that all lines in the sky lasing over 'X" amount of time are chemtrails, have no understanding of weather. It's OK not to get it, but to ignore the facts and still cling to the ridiculous theory after all the data had been provided is what gives conspiracy theory a bad name.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

contrailscience.com... the above link will explain that video in great detail.

The link above is pure crap. No science at all. They claim to use science but they don't. Just as it says on the site, it's Pseudoscience .... at best.

One thing it is for sure... is PROPAGANDA ... and you fools fall for it.

You claim to like science yet you won't read inventions such as a "Powder Contrail." That's science isn't it?? ... and that is just one invention of the many.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
single cell organism from the primordial ooze, then split and multiplied until it could mate, then laid eggs until it became a chicken through evolution

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

wait, when the guy who made the video posted his thoughts on the video he made, that is what you call "crap"? seriously? what exactly would you consider acceptable information on that particular video? I mean, other than the friggin guy who filmed it.

just because it doesn't fit into your box, does not make it false. Prove that that video is really taken by tanker enemy of a chemtrail plane spraying on/off patterns. I'll wait here.

The original video was posted by USAFFEKC1O as a joke. He later updated the description to read: USAFFEKC1O | July 17, 2010 It was fun playing with all the chemtrailers but you guys are way to gullible!! And commented: You guys who keep saying “TOO LATE” need to think before you open your mouth…I don’t care that the videos are still out there and going viral. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE PRANK!!!! …for all of you chemtrail idiots to get all excited as if these videos are the holy grail of chemtrail videos and for me and my friends to laugh at you while you spread them. The more passionate you guys are about this, the more entertaining it is for those of us who live in the real world. Keep on spreading!! The video has indeed “gone viral”, at least within the chemtrail community. This means TankerEnemy will continually be embarrassed by his own gullibility, and will unfortunately have no choice but to continue to assert that the video is real evidence of spraying, even though it’s painfully obvious that it is not.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

that's what the chicken would have said.

But he can't be trusted.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Why do you have to be so sarcastic with the weather balloon statement?

I know how weather works and the altitudes, if you read what I said about moisture/condensation and how it is colder higher up, the whole weather balloon comment is not needed....

And thank you for showing me the thread about the above video i will go over it, but it doesn't change that there is only contrails.

Here is another link I found while browsing for the original article I mentioned, this time from the pentagon, It mentions testing on Navy people being sprayed from planes. I am still looking for the original article, it is about how some towns people found some weird goo stuff on the ground and had it tested, it tested positive for barium and other alloys.

Pentagon article.
articles.cnn.com...:US

And a video on confirmed chemical tests from the EPA in a small town.

I am still looking for the article, it got buried somewhere here on ATS.

Edited to add: a Patent which Aluminum Oxide is sprayed into the air, via a chem-trail.

Welsbach Patent 5003186

www.scribd.com...

It is no longer a contrail when an outside chemical is introduced into the trail and sprayed into the air, even if it is not harmful. It is still a chem-trail.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I apologize for the sarcasm. I was trying to get the affect of really cold across. People don't comprehend -40F on a summer day.

The fact that pattens exist to spray things into the air doesn't make chemtrails real, it only makes the pattens real. I know things have been sprayed from planes before. In Vietnam, they sprayed ex-folliants on the jungle canopy to see what was going on under the mask. It turned out to be agent orange and it is still killing vets to this day. In the gulf oil spill they sprayed corexit from planes over the spill. It's affects have yet to be determined. What I don't believe is that a massive conspiracy is going on to spray us all with "something" that will do "something" to us. Nobody can answer the simple questions.

1. why would they spray such a large area? Don't they have family and friends who breath the same air?
2. If they spray at 30K feet in Idaho, where will it land? maybe Missouri, maybe Tennessee, who knows, it depends on the winds.
3. what is being sprayed?
4. why?

and those are just the simple questions. Ask any 10 chemtrail believers and you will get 10 different answers for all. They are contrails. really.

<<   2 >>

join