It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your local news - warning of possible attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Last night on the Central Florida Channel 2 news there was a segment on "Security" and possible sites for attack.

Orlando has all of the theme parks - lots of people at one time = good target.
Space Center - no explaination needed. With launch date changing every day.

Just wondering if other parts of the USA news was highlighting any "possible attack sites" or if this was just a local "news interest story"?

I found it interesting that the news would highlight this after the recent Osama news.

Thoughts and any info from your area of the States.......

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
two weeks ago during the yankee games i started seeing commercials with some fool leaving a suitcase behind on a train, and them 'telling you' to call the cops if you see that.

yesterday some mope got on the tv telling us how dangerous it is in the city now, and they are searching random people on the subway and checking all bags.

its all a scam. blooomberg, the mayor, who is an izreali, loves it, because he is following the protokols exactly.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

I expect more of this to filter into the shows on TV. Because they are planning a false flag and this is now prep time for that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As far as i have learned n now, could be legite, or also, could be a fear tactic used to get people scared so they run out and spend money, kinda like hearing a huge storm is coming, and it misses or goes way off course, which has happened in the past. a gimick used to fear people so they run out n buy supplys the never needed. good for wallstreet*

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Seem's their plan is working, to keep you in fear and you should soon demand they protect you.

Problem, reaction, solution.

You are on step 2, Please progress to step 3.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't see how Orlando could profit from spreading fear. Summer is coming, do they really want to hurt their tourist industry by spreading fear?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We had 5 asian guys from London arrested taking pics of Sellafield nuclear plant in the UK today.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Remember the "nuclear hellstorm if OBL dies" thread from a week or so back?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Does not sound good that some goons were scoping out Sellafield in the context of the above thread IMO.

And the general reporting on our news in the UK is that people are being told to be "extra vigilant" all over the country.
Makes sense really,as no one knows if anything was planned in the event of his death or not.

My bet is some low lifes will try something or other.
Stay safe across the pond in the USA.

Be vigilant,just in case IMO.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting to me that none of you have had a news segment on your local news - any mention of it even.

Why would Orlando News Team even bring it up and not other parts of the country? Does make you wonder WHERE the team gets the items they will be broadcasting each day? What is their source? Why the timing of this "warning?

Just found it all interesting and wanted to see if anyone else's area thought it important News to broadcast.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I live in Central Florida as well...kind of scary...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well how many of these fake stories about pipebombs on over passes in the South have they had? They say oh theres a piprbomb on a overpass more information coming. Then they never tell you that it was found not to be one after all.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
I don't see how Orlando could profit from spreading fear. Summer is coming, do they really want to hurt their tourist industry by spreading fear?

I have to agree with you - but EVERY night on the news we only get killings, rape, drive-by etc - If I was visiting from somewhere else I would really wonder about the safety of Orlando.

I think one of my Big Questions is - Why broadcast this info now? Why alert the people of a Possible Threat? Where did the media get this info and told to make a segment on it at this time?

top topics

join