It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are US wars needed as cover for troop deaths in alien wars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is the US using our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan not to mention Libya and anywhere else we might be at the time as a cover for explaining troop deaths while fighting aliens?

OK, I was watching SG-1 the other night, and this thought came to me. The show had multiple troop deaths while fighting a large battle with aliens. General Hammond made a comment about telling the families about the deaths.

So how do you explain that? You can't just say your son/daughter died while fighting the Goa'uld. Or the Ori. Or Wraith. Sure, a death here and there can be explained as "a training accident" or even as a line of duty death in a classified ops. But what about if a major conflict is happening, and we really do have Stargates. Or some other way to interact with aliens on a frequent regular basis.

Too many training deaths or spec ops deaths would raise too many eyebrows in the public. So do we actually NEED the current ongoing wars we are fighting for seemingly no apparent reason to act as a cover for other deaths? Sure, we still lose troops all the time...too many actually in Afghanistan or Iraq. But what if only a percentage of the deaths actually happened there? What if we needed to invade these countries and others so we have an excuse for why 200 troops died last year on another planet in an alien war?

200 spec ops deaths in a year would warrant too much oversight. But 200 additional deaths attributed to Taliban insurgents a year while still very tragic is way more plausible than the US fighting or even knowing of Alien races in the eyes of the general public. Just a thought. What do you guys think? Did we NEED these wars as official cover stories? Are we really fighting other wars?

I still haven't heard a valid explanation as to why we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan years after the reasons we initially invaded were resolved. Maybe, this is it. Maybe we are fighting other wars the public doesn't know about. If we are, and I just made this public, I expect a knock on my door very soon....

edit on 3-5-2011 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

You serious?

Here's a valid reason for you: War Profiteering.

I have friends in the military who have been deployed in Iraq and have returned from Afghanistan, they've seen the war first hand. To think is a cover up for some alien war.. it's insulting.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

No. I know we are really in those places. I know we are getting deaths in those places. My point was are we really having as many people killed in those countries as we are told, or are some dying elsewhere and still having their deaths attributed to those places.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'm not going to say that's NOT right, but we've got plenty of reasons to be in Iraq and Afghanistan...oil, pipelines, urban combat training, refining new military technologies to prepare for domestic unrest the military has been war-gaming for some time, global position for force dominance...

It goes on and on. Basically, you're better off asking for a good reason for us to LEAVE, other than it simply being the just and right thing to do if we are truly a nation under the rule of law.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Yup, I'm with you on this one. The OP is grasping at straws, my mothers side of the family are all from Michigan so of course I have family over there, and they aren't getting shot at by guys with snakes in there bellies.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Chindogu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would think that a soilder would have said something by now if they were fighting aliens. I like the critical thinking though.

JT

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I guess my overall point of this thread was not to explain why we are still in Iraq, but to wonder, how would we actually explain multiple recurrent troop deaths in an extremely secretively environment. Such as deaths fighting aliens. The easiest way I can think of, would be to attribute them to other wars we are currently fighting. And if we're not in a war when we need to be, we create one.

Remember...this is in the Skunk Works Forum....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Remember...this is in the Skunk Works Forum....

Being posted in skunkworks does not an un-silly post make...

So, with this post are you also theorizing that we're NOT actually still fighting in these other nations - or that if we are, troops aren't actually dying there - or that if they are actually dying there, these wars are just a cover and these deaths collateral damage to add to the alien war deaths as a means of cooking the books and just laundering them in to look kosher?

No offense intended, friend, just not really following here.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Man, I like your way of thinking.

And, at the right time. Snapped me right back-away for all of Obama B.S. about OBL's death etc.

You bring up a great point. If we were invovled in some war with Aliens... how would the families be told-if told?

Love it.

Flag & Star for the thought process, and most likely, a real type of scenario someday-maybe?
edit on 5/3/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Yes. We really are in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes, we really are still dying there. My thought was...was all of the deaths that are reported there really happening there.

I was just wondering initially, if we really are fighting battles against alien races, how do you explain those deaths? And the simplest thing I could think of, was just add the classified casualty reports to the unclassified ones. Or, we lose 3 troops fighting on an alien planet, to explain to their families and the public, they died say...in an IED explosion.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I think they have clones.. I used to consider a space military and couldnt place the bodies. Like how do hey account for the bodies going into space as 1 would assume its a large space military. So I came to conclusion if this is in fact real they must use clones of some sort...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
S & F! That's really thinking outside the box! Who the hell knows! ANYTHING is probable.
Tres Cool Amigos

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hmm... I think all the replies so far are missing the OP's point. He's trying to suggest (from my understanding) that PERHAPS some of the deaths attributed to the wars in the middle east are due to some other cause, and NOT from fighting insurgents there. I don't think he's implying that there are NOT soldiers in the mid-east...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Very interesting idea, and your idea is no more or no less plausible than most of the posts here, so I don't quite understand the ridicule.

I could buy this theory, if not for one problem, how are we transporting the soldiers to space?

Or maybe the aliens are coming to us, and the deaths due to the black ops fighting the aliens is being farmed out and contributed across the global wars.

At any rate, it is something to consider, as there may be something to it!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarity. It's definitely a neat idea...I know everyone here will likely hate it, but I'd say it's a good time for occam's razor.

Unless there's something else to suggest that we are in fact currently battling ETs, why not better to chock it up to a more mundane conspiracy, since our government/military likes to test drugs & experiment on the unwitting - any actual deaths being laundered into official numbers are due to the nazi scientists we brought over in operation paperclip continuing dr. Mengele's experiments on our own troops? *slightly* less political fallout doing this to our own troops as compared to foreign nationals if ever uncovered.

It wouldn't be the first time the grunts have been our guinea pigs for the guys in labcoats. Besides, with what is reported in our skies year-round, I think any conflict with the ETs would hit home REALLY quick and would not be possible to cover up.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
illegal aliens? I dunno. This is top notch, someone contact the press. Seriously this is about as real as saying Obama is a clone of King Tut. Or My stepmother is an alien ( a hot one).

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

Obama is king Tut? That's just stupid.

Everyone who knows anything knows he's the clone of Tut's father Akhenaten, and Michelle is Nefertiti reborn. See this article for background on this.

You people....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

lol.. i was already working on a reply that said it was Ramses II and Cleopatra.

EDIT:
I just read the article in your post. That's actually pretty interesting...in an archaeological paranoia type of way.

They do resemble them though...lol

edit on 3-5-2011 by webpirate because: additional thoughts...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Havoc40k

SO are you saying the Aliens are there in the ME somewhere?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Good post.
I thought ATS was about conspiracies and hidden secrets?
I have seen post saying we have alien tec.
and that the secret government tec is 50 years ahead of what we know.
post saying aliens are out there.
if you believe all that why can you not think this post is possible?
UFO’s are seen all the time.
some my be the government ships of to war?
But you all just say this post is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE!
well most of you.
how can you say that when some of you say reality is not real?

top topics

join