It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Fisk: Was He Betrayed? Of Course. Pakistan Knew Bin Laden's Hiding Place All Along

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I wonder that too, they should have captured him alive if he was unarmed when shot in the face and chest. Obviously, they didn't want him brought back alive because a trial would have opened up a whole new can of worms, and considering the fact that 9/11 is not listed as one of Osama's crimes on the FBI website, they might have a hard time proving their evidence, which we would all like to see anyway, and convicting him. Not to mention, all he could have said regarding his past with the CIA, as the OP mentioned.

The biggest "tell" if you will is the claim of the "double-tap" to kill Osama bin Laden.

Please refer to my previous post explaining this information.

And the F.B.I. was hamstrung by none other than George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

This is why they did not list Osama bin Laden as guilty of 9/11 at all.

The 9/11 Commission, like the Warren Commission, before it was nothing more than a buffer.

To create a stopping force to stymie investigations into the real facts and evidence.

This was done to stop the Central Intelligence Agency as well to create Homeland Security.

The Department of Homeland Security was born out of the ashes of F.E.M.A.

Originally posted by tooo many pills
That was the best article I've read so far regarding Osama's death and past, this thread has tons of information that I hadn't seen before. I’ve got to read Steve Coll’s books as I feel like I am far behind now as to what is really happening.

Thanks for the heads up.

edit on 5-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

As for Coll's books they are an excellent starting point.

I have about 20 other books I can recommend as well.

Just let me know and I'll put them in here.
edit on 5/6/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I said this in another thread also. Is there any evidence, even a little to suggest that Pakistanis knew where OBL was hiding? As far as I know there isn't. So how about it?

As in what exactly?

His passport information?

No.

Pakistan, or as the C.I.A. colloquially tosses it with other countries, one of "The Stan's", Pakistan, Afghanistan, any other country with "Stan" in it, is one of those countries which is known to have been tied to Russia, the black market, and drug running.

So, Pakistan, could have had no knowledge of Osama bin Laden's whereabouts, yes.

But it is highly unlikely.

The I.S.I., or Inter-Services Intelligence, Pakistan's intelligence agency is not totally worthless.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Inter-Services Intelligence

The Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (more commonly known as Inter-Services Intelligence or simply by its initials ISI) is Pakistan's premier intelligence agency.

It is the largest of the three intelligence agencies of Pakistan, the others being the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Military Intelligence (MI).

ISI was established as an independent intelligence agency in 1948 in order to strengthen the sharing of military intelligence between the three branches of Pakistan's armed forces in the aftermath of the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947, which had exposed weaknesses in intelligence gathering, sharing and coordination between the Pakistan Army, Air Force and Navy.

ISI's headquarters are situated in Islamabad.

It is currently headed by Lieutenant General Ahmad Shuja Pasha, who took over as ISI's Director in September 2008.

Unless Lieutenant General Ahmad Shuja Pasha or his people are corrupt.

Which could be what lead to a lack of intelligence on Osama bin Laden.

More than likely this is a case where Pakistan did not want to lose face with the Middle East.

For assisting America in the capture and or death of a man who is seen as a hero.

To those in the Middle East who hate America.
edit on 5/6/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How is it unlikely? Considering that it was a fenced area and he didn't exactly prance around outside. It seemed really secure.
Wikileaks revealing that his courier was compromised probably was the reason they had to act now. I'm fairly sure noone was sure if he was there. That's why they wanted to go in and verify the kill instead of droning the place or something. I'm totally speculating of course here.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
More than likely this is a case where Pakistan did not want to lose face with the Middle East.

For assisting America in the capture and or death of a man who is seen as a hero.

That is my belief.

The only Lie I see in all this is - - Pakistan denying they knew OBL was there.

With what appeared to be lack of armed security - - - OBL seemed to feel protected and untouchable.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

How is it unlikely? Considering that it was a fenced area and he didn't exactly prance around outside. It seemed really secure.

Isn't a large fenced compound suspicious in itself? Maybe not in Pakistan - I don't know.

However - - humans are humans - - they do not keep their mouths shut. He was living there with a wife and several children.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
All wealthy people have large fenced homes. Also this one was apparently raided once and that didn't pan out. Even if they'd suspect something fishy with the compound at the most they'd put it under surveillance. OBL and his wife stayed within 2 room area there for 5 years so I doubt they made any moves that would've alerted of their precense.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Wikileaks revealing that his courier was compromised probably was the reason they had to act now. I'm fairly sure noone was sure if he was there. That's why they wanted to go in and verify the kill instead of droning the place or something. I'm totally speculating of course here.

Osama bin Laden could have trekked over mountain to get inside Pakistan.

Of course.

Does this mean Pakistan security sucks for the country?

Yes.

Then again a group of Navy S.E.A.L.'s snuck in and offed him.

And Osama bin Laden was a part of Operation Cyclone during the 70's and 80's.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Operation Cyclone

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm, train, and finance the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989.

The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention.

Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken; funding began with $20–30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.

He does, or did, if you subscribe to his death, have a network in Pakistan.

No clue about anything Wikileaks has to say as I do not see it as a viable information source.

I prefer HUMINT over lazy people hacking, stealing, or making others betray their countries.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

That is my belief.

The only Lie I see in all this is - - Pakistan denying they knew OBL was there.

With what appeared to be lack of armed security - - - OBL seemed to feel protected and untouchable.

The Pakistan Government is known just as any other to be duplicitous in words as in actions.

Say one thing, while doing another, claim one thing, while supporting another.

Garner favor behind the scenes while berating those they gained favor from in public.

Another day in typical political life choices to gain funding and keep their heads.

Nothing new and nothing likely to inspire confidence of the people.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

All wealthy people have large fenced homes. Also this one was apparently raided once and that didn't pan out. Even if they'd suspect something fishy with the compound at the most they'd put it under surveillance. OBL and his wife stayed within 2 room area there for 5 years so I doubt they made any moves that would've alerted of their precense.

People do not keep their mouths shut - - they just don't.

Of course - - one can choose to hear - - - or turn a deaf ear.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

People do not keep their mouths shut - - they just don't.

Of course - - one can choose to hear - - - or turn a deaf ear.

But people can be bought.

Usually.

Especially in places like war-torn Pakistan.

A promise of money.

A promise of protection.

A promise of a future.

You name it.

And they can turn a deaf ear.

Or a blind eye.

Every one has a price.

Well everyone, except me, but only I know that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Usually.

True - very true.

I just don't believe for one second - at least part of - Pakistan government didn't know OBL was there - and a "hands off" order was issued.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Usually.

True - very true.

I just don't believe for one second - at least part of - Pakistan government didn't know OBL was there - and a "hands off" order was issued.

For once you and I agree 100%.

Will wonders never cease?

Makes me wonder if the U.S. will go after Pakistan through the United Nations.

Harboring a terrorist and all that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i challenge any interested ATS sleuths, investigative posters/experts to go through the ATS archives and find the two or three predictions by members here that OBL was in fact ensconced in safety in a maqjor city in Pakistan even as they were looking in tribal areas of Afghanistan and tora-bora, and even before that mountain chase which led to the frontier areas of Pakistan...

6 years in that safe house, one wife states... that tells us the false leads & fabrications of sightings by our intel that were busy feathering their own caps and marking time to hefty retirement packages...

Øbama is putting all his effort into projecting himself as a indespensible 'Commandeer-In-Chief'...i reckon he got some sense and quit trying to play President

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

For once you and I agree 100%.

Will wonders never cease?

Makes me wonder if the U.S. will go after Pakistan through the United Nations.

Harboring a terrorist and all that.

I have my doubts. U.S. has its own dirty hands.

Depends on the chess game and who wins what and who loses what.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I will dig through it when I get the time.

I am already currently digging for other sources.

On an unrelated topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join