It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

footage of saddam hussein being hung.. but no pics of osama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
here is a video of saddam hussein being hung. they have these and pics of the body after but not one of osama bin laden..??
www.youtube.com...
leave your comments of why that would be

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There was a case made for over a year to invade...
He was a President of the country...
His own people wanted him out...
He was given a trial, a judge and a jury...

There you go.
edit on 3-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
that was not real footage or the real sadam.
obl died long ago.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The White House and the Pentagon have the pictures of Osama in that house (dead), they are debating how to go about releasing them

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
The White House and the Pentagon have the pictures of Osama in that house (dead), they are debating how to go about releasing them

The White House and the Pentagon claim to have the pictures of Osama in that house (dead), they are claim to be debating how to go about releasing them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
They haven't released them because they haven't finished making them yet. Don't worry, as soon as they are finished, they will be released.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Word is, they will release them soon (at least that is what I heard on talk radio this morning). The only thing they are debating is when, and how much. If anyone watched the John Brennan press conference, he made it clear that they will release enough information so as to leave no reasonable doubt as to fact that Osama Bin Laden was in fact killed in the compound raid.

Still, it is perfectly safe to assume that no matter how much information is released, the conspiracy advocates on this board will be un-persuaded in their delusional way of thinking. Here's a prediction: just as was the case with the release of President Obama's birth certificate, loons on this board will immediately dismiss whatever information/pictures the White House decides to release. That is a guarantee.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

It's not delusional thinking. Quite the opposite, it's rational and logical thinking when you consider:

The original story made no sense.

The original story has been changed several times.

The proof (body) was destroyed prior to any investigation.

The supporting evidence (photos and videos) were not made available.

It's almost like they are saying to the world: "We have him but you can't prove it because we say he's dead".

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why not just show everything? Apart from information pertaining to classified military tactics obviously. Why are they pretending they are protecting the public from gory images? Have they heard of the Internet? Do they know what games kids play films they watch?

The footage of the 911 attacks is some of the most televised film in human history, people were burning alive in those buildings, people were seen jumping to their deaths, and the impact footage was played on all channels, on repeat, for days.

Showing quality footage and pictures as evidence of his death would help close this horrible chapter off once and for all. Why are they all of a sudden pretending they want to protect us from notions of violence? Our various countries of origin are involved in conflicts all over the world, and we hear about war everyday.

Even with the recent tsunami in Japan, we were shown footage of whole towns being destroyed. There is plenty of fuel for nightmares provided by the MSM every single day. Why are they pretending they are protecting us from psychological trauma now? Show us the pictures some of the footage and they these pertinent questions to rest.

PS I understand that OBL may not have had nothing to do with the World Trade centre bombing, but I am speaking from the perspective of the MSM. What the f**k is their logic here? From what I can gather that has been the excuse for not releasing material so far.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add sentence.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yes, conformational bias at it's very finest. This is the very first thing I thought of when I had heard about Osama's death, "I wonder how many people will deny it is Osama, even if they release irrefutable evidence"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

Whilst the original story may not have made much sense, the alternate, conspiracy theory makes even less sense. This is what some people actually believe that went through George Bush's mind before September the 11th (bearing in mind the same people believe he was the biggest moron to ever live):

"All I had to do was have explosives planted at the base of the towers, then on 9/11 we pretended like four planes were being hijacked when really we just rerouted them to Pennsylvania then flew two military jets into the World Trade Center filled with more explosives and shot down all the witnesses in Flight 93 with an F-15 after blowing up the Pentagon with a cruise missile. It was only the world's most intricate and flawlessly executed plan ever"

What I want to know is: why not just bomb the building? Why fly a plane into the building, bomb it too and claim it was just the plane?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes, conformational bias at it's very finest. This is the very first thing I thought of when I had heard about Osama's death, "I wonder how many people will deny it is Osama, even if they release irrefutable evidence"

I'd like to see that irrefutable evidence. Oh wait, we can't. It's at the bottom of the sea.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The original story made no sense.

What exactly about the original story made no sense? That OBL was justifiably slaughtered in a dirty compound in Pakistan? That the President thought the information too confidential to discuss before the raid was complete? I don't quite understand. Please clarify.

The original story has been changed several times.

The original story has NOT been changed several times. Obama made it perfectly clear that he had received intel in August, acted upon that intel, and when all of the information obtained pointed to OBL hiding out in said compound, he made the crucial and risky decision to act-- a decision that paid off.

I can only assume that you are referring to conflicting reports by media outlets (very typical when big stories like this come out). As far as the White House is concerned, however, the story has never changed.

The proof (body) was destroyed prior to any investigation.

Investigation? What else needed to be investigated? OBL's wife confirmed it was him to the soldiers who raided the compound, a DNA test was conducted and confirmed, and numerous photographic and video evidence was collected-- not to mention the fact that his entire complex was raided and his personal hard drive confiscated. Again, what else is there to be discovered from an autopsy/investigation of the body? We know the cause of death: two gunshot wounds.

As for the disposal of his body, the White House has made it clear that they were acting in accordance to Muslim practice. Muslim tradition specifies that a deceased individual must be disposed of within 24 hours of death. Not only was this decision respectful (something that is important for America to show--respect-- unlike this monster on 9/11), it avoided possible backlash from holding onto the body. Would you want a shrine to be put up for a mass murderer, where thousands of Muslim extremists can visit in remembrance of their spiritual hero? I wouldn't.

The supporting evidence (photos and videos) were not made available.

I understand conspiracy theorists generally hate the MSM, but it wouldn't hurt you to watch the news at least occasionally; multiple media outlets are reporting that the White House plans to release photographic evidence of OBL's corpse sometime later today, if not, then early tomorrow. Also, John Brennan made it perfectly clear in his address to the media that the White House plans to release enough evidence so as to leave no reasonable doubt regarding the death of OBL. Of course, we all know that such a thing is impossible on sites like these.

It's almost like they are saying to the world: "We have him but you can't prove it because we say he's dead".

It's actually not. Nice try, though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Whilst the original story may not have made much sense, the alternate, conspiracy theory makes even less sense. This is what some people actually believe that went through George Bush's mind before September the 11th (bearing in mind the same people believe he was the biggest moron to ever live):

"All I had to do was have explosives planted at the base of the towers, then on 9/11 we pretended like four planes were being hijacked when really we just rerouted them to Pennsylvania then flew two military jets into the World Trade Center filled with more explosives and shot down all the witnesses in Flight 93 with an F-15 after blowing up the Pentagon with a cruise missile. It was only the world's most intricate and flawlessly executed plan ever"

What I want to know is: why not just bomb the building? Why fly a plane into the building, bomb it too and claim it was just the plane?

Who said anything about 9/11. We are talking about the raid on Osama's compound. What alternate conspiracy theory are you talking about?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The US government did not release footage of Saddam's hanging. That video was shot and released by someone in the crowd of witnesses. Furthermore, the US did not hang Saddam. He was turned over to the Iraqi people, where he stood trial and was given the death penalty by hanging.

The execution of Saddam Hussein took place on December 30, 2006. He was sentenced to death by hanging, after being found guilty and convicted of crimes against humanity by the Iraqi Special Tribunal for the murder of 148 Iraqi Shi'ite in the town of Dujail in 1982, in retaliation for an assassination attempt against him.

The Iraqi government released an official videotape of his execution, showing him being led to the gallows, and ending after his head was in the hangman's noose.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The picture and video evidence that the White House has. His daughter has also said that she witnessed him being shot.

Even if we did have his body and we were personally allowed to examine it, even then some people would refuse to believe it was him "It's clearly a body double, I can tell because the hand prints don't match an obscure picture I saw on teh internet"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
TPTB can't afford to show pictures of BL, he most likely was dead a long time ago. Any evidence that would suggest his death occurred in years past, would be incriminating to the White House.

Further, it may also confirm there actions and comments to be void and frowned upon by the people in this establishment.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ahh, when you said 'original story' I naturally thought you were referring to 9/11.

What about the original story doesn't make sense?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ummm don`t forget we also saw a Trial, and the Capture as well as the Death. Not still photos either. Real video footage. And they had no qualms showing the bloated bodies of Usay and Uday (saddam`s sons). They will release "something", I`m sure of that. They are just priming the audience with ideas of how the conspiracy theorists will dismiss them immediately so they can all just think to themselves "those silly CT`s... will they never stop with this nonsense? oh they won`t be happy no matter what you do" Ummm not true... if Saddam didn`t look all drugged up and disoriented, there would be a fraction of the people who believe Something wasn`t right. Of course anyone can say "Oh it`s just a well trained body double, and the dna results were fake" And some people probably Would speculate on this.But when there are multiple clues, coincidenses, and an obviously drugged or brainwashed, incoherent man who less than a year ago was dictator of a respectably-sized country and military... Then it`s not so "looney" to ponder the possibilities. The fact is, if they respected the american people and the people of the world then they would trust us to make up our own minds after seeing the footage. It could be that there is something about the raid they don`t want us to see... like the manner in which osama`s human shield was killed. Was she and osama both unarmed, and they just blasted through her to get to an unarmed osama? Was it necessary to kill him rather than capture, to ensure he could never reveal that he was a body double who thought he was there at the compound to record another video or something? Last night, anderson cooper said "with these covert ops a lot of the time the official story isn`t really what happened and we don`t find out the truth until 30 years later" and this may not be exact word for word but it is Very close. He used the phrase "official story" and "isn`t really what happened". I couldn`t believe it... In fact I thought to myself "this can`t be the real Anderson Cooper, it must be a body double!" Haha just kiddin but I was nbearly compelled to start a thread based on Cooper`s on-air admission or confession of sorts.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Ahh, when you said 'original story' I naturally thought you were referring to 9/11.

What about the original story doesn't make sense?

In the interest of limiting confusion, I'll try to address Judge_Holden's questions here also.

The original version of the story has Obama acting on intel and green lighting the raid (OK I have no problem with that. It happens all the time).

They went in with 2 helicopters, on of which had to be destroyed (this was later changed to 2 blackhawks and 2 chinooks, with 1 having to be destroyed. I'm not terribly concerned about this, it is probably just miscommunication).

The seals hit the compound under cia operational control (not going to happen if it is all seal assets. The navy would not give up operational control for a raid. The cia would only be in charge if it was some other kind of mission).

They hit the 2 story building first. The firefight starts, they clear and secure the 2 story building. They move to the 3 story building and begin fighting their way to the 3rd floor. They hit the third floor and find Osama and his wife in bed. (After a 25 minute firefight outside their door? What? They are in bed? Please.)

A seal asks Osama's wife if the man in bed with her is Osama. She said "yes". (In a later version of the story, she wasn't asked, she blurted out his name and that is how they identified him. In one of the versions, she became a human shield.)

The seals ask an unarmed Osama to surrender and he says "no" so they shoot him in the face. (This version didn't last long for obvious reasons).

The seals ask an unarmed Osama to surrender and he says "no" and then starts to resist so they shoot him in the face. (Better, but still not good enough).

The seals ask an armed Osama to surrender and he says "no" he is shot once in the chest and once in the head. He may or may not have returned fire. (Classic double tap. Much more believable. This may be when Mrs Osama became a human shield).

The seals grab the body, any intel that is laying around and unass the compound. It is now 3:55 PM EST on Sunday, May 1st.

The official story states that over the next 10 hours they:

Processed a DNA sample from the body they brought out.

Compared it to a DNA sample from his sister (Notice this is not a known sample from Osama. This is a sample from a sibling. This makes the matching process much more difficult. Ruling out a match is quick, making a 99.9% match is not going to be done in a couple hours).

The body is transferred to the Carl Vinson where it is washed and prepared for burial.

A funeral service is organized and conducted. The body is dumped into the sea.

Here are my problems with this story:

First there is the time problem with the 99.9% match from sibling DNA.

Second, assuming that it is Osama's body, we now have the biggest war trophy since Goering. We have the body of the biggest mass murderer in US history (I don't want to argue about who was responsible for 9/11 lets just go with the official version of events for the purposes of this discussion). Why would we be the least bit concerned with putting the body to rest within 10 hours when we know it is going to raise unanswerable questions. If we go over 24 hours is that going to make al-queda want to attack us more? Come on, think about it.

They further compound the problem by saying that they are not going to release the supporting evidence (photo and video) because it is too graphic. A day and a half later, they say that they will think about releasing it. Now, whatever they release is questionable because enough time has passed for evidence to be manufactured.

So, to sum it all up, we say we killed him but have issued absolutely no proof. As a matter of fact, we have destroyed the only piece of evidence (the body) the would be 100% undeniable.

So yes, I have some issues with the official story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join