It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Must Denounce Osama!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Since Osama was obeying the dictats of Islam to the letter and following Mo's example, ie murdering and terrorising Infidels - how can Muslims possiblty disown him, and that is certainly how it seems the Pakistani gov and the ISS felt - whilst at the same time of course accepting billions of $ in US aid.

Islam is a thoroughly backward and immoral ideology - pretending it isn't, isn't going to make it go away!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

I want to give you some clues.

OBL was or is a Wahhabi and it is not counted by Islamic leaders. I mean that you know about branches in religion. some of them are older and some of them are invented recently.

there was no Wahhabi in more than 300 years ago. it was established by some people like Mr Hempher. ( the book " the memories of Mr hempher " for more clues.

conclusion : NO true leader counts on OBL like a real Islamic figure.

IMHO : OBL was some freak to let the TPTB attack Afghanistan. Saddam , Hitler and Qaddafi are other freaks. TPTB is making new branches in religion to fight against the older and stronger ones.

REgards.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well, I understand your argument, and I think I can help clear up your questions. The thing is, Islam doesn't have a hierarchical structure like Catholicism. There's no equivalent of the Pope in Islam. So the thing about it is, no one can really be "excommunicated" in Islam, because excommunication doesn't exist in that religion.
My second problem with the whole argument, is that I feel this question is asked a lot - but it's never asked of other religions. For comparison, people don't feel the need to denounce a Christian who murders an abortion doctor, because the overwhelming majority of Christians know that that doesn't represent their religion, and that the overwhelming majority of people know that it would be ridiculous to think that's how most Christians are. It's the same with Muslims and denouncing terrorism done by people of their religion.
Also, because there's no hierarchy to Islam, there's a lot of different sects, and no central religious leaders to publicly distance themselves from terrorism.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm just posting this now so I can find it again in the morning. I have some thoughts on this I'd like to share, but it's way too late for me to get into it in the detail in which I need to in order to present a cogent hypothesis.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I'm yet to find a mature Muslim (above the age of 18) that supports Bin Laden and does not think he is an insult to Islam. With that said, Osama Bin Laden probably has nothing to do with the religion, Only the radicals and his followers support him and will make him a martyr.

(I believe he died long ago, A fictional character created as an excuse to occupy the middle east).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Agreed...we hear quite a bit of Islamic people saying Osama is bad or evil. But the religion...representing their "God", should therefore throw them out. And after thinking about this even more, the Catholic religion (my former religion) should do the same with pedophile Priests (if they haven't).

I understand where you are coming from. I think a good question is whether or not Islam has a sort of central, living, figure with the authority to do so? Like a Pope in catholicism or what have you. Or does their religion leave that responsibility to the individual? If the latter is the case then your feelings probably wont be satisfied.

I don't know enough about Islam to know either way, but it is interesting.

Edit: Thanks to Terrorist for the clarification

edit on 4-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I'll try my best to explain,
Islam has no authority to excommunicate anyone whatsoever;
Reason being,
everyone, everything, including the universe
is Islam and is muslim (God's creation), it's just that some have
chosen to go astray.
Only sins and actions can be denounced. However it is
recommended not to associate with those who give bad influence
eg. nonbelieving.
On that note, it's a guarantee that most muslims are not, have not
associated with bin Laden. The rest is between him and our maker
in which we all will contend with sooner or later.
As for Islam to 'excommunicate' anyone, that's impossible;
As a matter of fact, if george bush, or sharon, or even hitler had
made a declaration in accepting God (shahada) then muslim's
would have to accept.
There is no governing body, same in marriage it's done
between individuals and God, NOT Gov't. or establishments.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thank you to the recent posters for clarifying that Islam has no such structure or "leaders" that could perform such an action. I was mistakenly under the impression that most, if not all religions had such a "governing body". I guess it will have to be left to "Allah"

Just a funny little tid-bit someone told me recently...

"It is not a soldier's responsibility to judge an individual...that is reserved for God. But it is sometimes a soldier's responsibility to arrange the meeting."

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Osama will go down in Islamic history as one of their greatest heroes. He definitely got his 77 virgins.

Praise Allah. Fear Allah.

Americans would do themselves a whole lotta good to remove themselves.

All Muslims, together, form the Nation of Islam. Just because the "sheep" Muslims are kept in the dark by their religious leaders, like we the people are kept in the dark by our government, doesn't change the fact that America is making a mockery out of the Koran and Allah. The world will learn the Wrath of Allah. And it's not going to be a good day for the world, but a glorious day for Muslims!

Praise Allah! Fear Allah!
edit on 10-5-2014 by iosolomon because: (must be filled out)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join