It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Must Denounce Osama!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here is the Wiki link

Excommunication is a religious censure used to deprive or suspend membership in a religious community.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Alright, let me share a "little" secret with you:

There are no Muslims or Christians or Jews. There are HUMANS and humans like to play pretend. Some will go to extreme lengths to keep playing the game they have for so long. Some have played it for so long that they've forgotten they were anything else but human.

That's about the core of it.

And please, don't feel offended by the words I used. Feel offended because you let yourself forget.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
reply to post by Sinnthia

I have to relate Islam to what I know...which is Catholic.

But you cannot. The Catholic church is an actual organisation. Christianity is not. Islam is not. BIG DIFFERENCE between an organized church and religion. Again, you cannot kick someone out of their beliefs, only the institution. What institution do you think Osama was a member of?

Maybe that is my failing here...but...if you break the rules of the Catholic church, you can be excommunicated from the religion (the church).

Do you understand the differene between "religion" and "church?" Not trying to sound mean but the above seems to indicate you do not.

You are no longer welcome to join the congregation and pray/worship with the group. You are no longer considered Catholic by the church, Priests, Pope, etc. You are essentially kicked out. You can still call yourself Catholic, but it is not sanctioned by the church's governing body and you are not...based upon the group...Catholic.

Right. Osama still called himself Muslim but I am not sure what church you think he belonged to that has to tell you they kicked him out.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Here is the Wiki link

Excommunication is a religious censure used to deprive or suspend membership in a religious community.

You should read your link.

Excommunication as it exists in Christian faiths does not exist in Islam.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Then if I understand your explanation...I can call myself Muslim, break all the rules, do anything I please and still be considered Muslim by the world and other Muslims? WOW...that seems a bit problematic. I'm not being a smart-ass...just didn't realize that (as it sounds), Islam is a religion that doesn't "require" specific rules and laws.

I guess I just don't get it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Then if I understand your explanation...I can call myself Muslim, break all the rules, do anything I please and still be considered Muslim by the world and other Muslims? WOW...that seems a bit problematic. I'm not being a smart-ass...just didn't realize that (as it sounds), Islam is a religion that doesn't "require" specific rules and laws.

I do not get who it is you think is supposed to decide if you are a good Muslim or a bad Muslim? My friend Bob is a Muslim. He denounces Osama. Good enough? You want every Muslim on the planet to do it together? Sign something in blood? Seriously, who is supposed to judge Osama and tell him he cannot call himself a Muslim anymore?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I agree whith you Op, you don't know
Much about Islam ... Maybe you meant to say " Muslims must denounce Osama". ??

If so ...

Pakistan Foreign Office
The death of bin Laden is a "major setback to terrorist organisations around the world".

"This operation was conducted by the US Forces in accordance with declared US policy that Osama bin Laden will be eliminated in a direct action by the US forces, wherever found in the world."

Yousuf Raza Gilani - Pakistani prime minister
We will not allow our soil to be used against any other country for terrorism and therefore I think it's a great victory, it's a success and I congratulate the success of this operation.

Hamid Karzai - Afghan president
The killing of bin Laden is very "important news".

The Taliban must learn a lesson from this. The Taliban should refrain from fighting.

The war against terrorism is in its sources, in its financial sources, its sanctuaries, in its training bases, not in Afghanistan.

Ghassan Khatib - Palestine Authority spokesman
Getting rid of Bin Laden is good for the cause of peace worldwide but what counts is to overcome the discourse and the methods - the violent methods - that were created and encouraged by bin Laden and others in the world.

Saad Hariri - Lebanon's prime minister
The history of our nationalism and Islam will never forgive that man who was a black mark for two decades, filling the minds of youngsters with ideas about terrorism, murder and destruction

Mwai Kibaki - Kenyan president
The killing of Osama has taken place nearly 13 years after the terrorist bombings in Nairobi that led to the death of over 200 people, in an act believed to have been masterminded by Osama.

His killing is an act of justice to those Kenyans who lost their lives and the many more who suffered injuries.

Hoshyar Zebari - Iraq's foreign minister
We, like many people in the world, are delighted to see an end to his mentality and his devious ideology.

Thousands of Iraqis were murdered and killed because of his ideologies.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Just for the record...I'm not Catholic or of any religious belief. If anything, I'm a "Humanist" believing in myself and my own morals and values (which usually match the main-stream people). I was raised Roman Catholic but left when I was about 15. I'm now 46. FYI

And thank you for the education.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Then if I understand your explanation...I can call myself Muslim

You sure can. Just like you call yourself Catholic? (edit: if you were Catholic)

break all the rules, do anything I please and still be considered Muslim by the world and other Muslims?

If you had any real faith, or any real knowledge about religion, you would be smarter than to say stupid things like this. The only one who can make you something other than a human(and this is according to your own teachings) is God himself. So you can call yourself Muslim or Catholic, be known as Muslim or Catholic, get kicked out because you broke man-made rules and still get called Muslim or Catholic...but that doesn't change THE FACT THAT YOU ARE HUMAN.

WOW...that seems a bit problematic. I'm not being a smart-ass

Yes you are.

...just didn't realize that (as it sounds), Islam is a religion that doesn't "require" specific rules and laws.

I'm sure there's billions of things you have not realized. And like with any other religion, there are rules but it depends on where you live, what culture you adhere to, what form of Islam you are practicing and all that kind of...pffff....relevant stuff.

Don't worry, there's plenty of things nobody gets. Yet, they all pretend to get it.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You can call yourself a Muslim (or Christian or Jew etc) and break all the rules, do anything you please and you will considered a hypocrite (at best) by other Muslims (Christians, Jews, etc). Nobody other than you can control what you call yourself.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You can call yourself whatever you like, Islam's only authority is the Quran and the Hadith (sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad). Once you declare your belief in God and his prophets and make the declaration of faith (Shahada) then you are considered a revert to Islam. From then on you're a Muslim and you are expected to behave in a way which is in accordance with the Quran and the Hadith. There are rules and regulations, but these are not considered 'man made rules and regulations' (at least not by Muslims who consider the Quran the word of God) There is no organisation with people making new Islamic laws. There are groups of religious scholars which interpret the Quran for people who aren't well versed in the religion etc to make it easier to follow, however Islam teaches that in the end of days it's your own personal actions and how you chose to live your life upon which you will be judged by God.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interesting...though I feel a little beat up here. No offence was meant by my original post that was basically a question of "Why?". But at least I feel I got an answer.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

There are rules and regulations, but these are not considered 'man made rules and regulations' (at least not by Muslims who consider the Quran the word of God)

But they are man made. And those Muslims consider themselves Muslim!

Just like the word Muslim. Also man made. The word God, also man made. The Quran, ALSO man made.

Of course the same could be said about all major and minor religions. Stop indoctrinating your believers and teach them something useful. Anything other than that boasts stupidity.

Sorry, can't stand organized religious bull. It's fake.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Fair enough, I was just answering a persons questiions, I'm not trying to indoctrinate anyone.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Interesting...though I feel a little beat up here. No offence was meant by my original post that was basically a question of "Why?". But at least I feel I got an answer.

No beating was intended but your OP reads like someone smart enough to have honestly thought this through but for some reason chose not to, for an entire page. I guess I was just curious in your mind how you saw this all being carried out. Who did you imagine as the Muslim pope? You have to remember, Islam is nothing like Catholicism. It is more like Christianity. Islam gets broken up, Shia, Sunni, Wahabi, etc. Like you have your Catholics, Lutherins, Mormons. It is fine to know little about Islam but then would it not be better to ask some questions and learn a little before starting threads demanind they MUST do something?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
No beating was intended

...reads like someone smart enough...
...but for some reason chose not to...
...but then would it not be better to ask some questions and learn a little before starting threads demanind...

Uh huh...from my OP that stated...

Here is my question...
So my question is...
...I know very little about Islam...

I thought those were questions. But no offence taken...you helped answer the numerous questions I asked.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You know what I think? (unless you're a prognosticator I will guess you dont so I will tell you)

I think in a way, if Bin Laden were an atheist, or if all Muslims denounced him as toxic, it would have zero impact. In fact, it may well have unintended consequences if they did. Inflaming radicals notwithstanding, perhaps, if some clerics denounced some of his actions, they may put themselves at odds with some tenets of Islam to begin with....then well, their friends stone them.

Honestly, some things are best left alone....some things simply lose importance unless we dont allow it. Hitler was no longer important after 1944, but for some reason, people think he is completely relevant.

If we let Bin Laden die, he will die.
edit on 3-5-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Uh huh...from my OP that stated...

Here is my question...
So my question is...
...I know very little about Islam...

I thought those were questions. But no offence taken...you helped answer the numerous questions I asked.

Uh huh...I am sorry then. I thought I read 4 paragraphs of obviously rhetorical supposition culminating in

I just don't understand why this hasn't already been done, if what "good" Muslims are saying is true.

The title of your thread? Islam Must Denounce Osama!

Must is an odd way to phrase a question isn't it?

But it was just those two lines then? Sorry. It looks longer and seems to have more words and context to me. I thought there was something "good Muslims" had been telling you and you wanted to know not whether or not they could, but simply why they had not...YET.

Sorry. That sure is what it read like to me. I went on to read further.

Agreed...we hear quite a bit of Islamic people saying Osama is bad or evil. But the religion...representing their "God", should therefore throw them out. And after thinking about this even more, the Catholic religion (my former religion) should do the same with pedophile Priests (if they haven't).

Should?

Anyway. Sorry if you felt that my tone was less than answering and more in judgement but the title, the OP, and subsequent posts do go show that you began at "Why have they not done it yet" and not "Hey can Islam kick someone out?" Sorry if it seems different to me.

edit on 5/3/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Can someone help me, I'm confused Osama's the president and Obama's the terrorist? Or did I get it backwards? Why don't we just call him Barry? I wonder is Mrs. Osama ever screws up and calls him "BARRY"?
Barf for "BARRY"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No sorry needed, I took it you were informing the poster that posed the question.

I was just pointing out the errors in the information that people soak up.

Nothing directed at you but thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join