It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oddities in the official photos of the bin laden mansion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

The Helo Stalled and its engine shutdown once it landed. It could not be restarted again so it was left. It was later burned to prevent its components from being taken for use.

My understanding is that the operation began during the early morning and they were on the ground for about 1 hour. That would have allowed for early dawn light to be present in the photos and with long exposure times needed to pick up that light would account for the blurred pictures. I dont really see anythign that jumps out as being inconsistent in the photos and the account so far as we know it.
I am not sure this was UBL, but I have no doubt the Navy conducted a raid at this location and killed a man they thought to be UBL.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Dragoon01 because: Spelling

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
video link

at 0.17 seconds into the video, they show the room with the questionable windows/french doors and it shows that this was a corner room as you can plainly see the other windows on the other wall.

so far i have shown 3 different sides of the house and none of the windows match the outside view of the house at all.

this house shown on the inside is definitely NOT the house they are showing on the outside!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
this might explain the discrepancy of the two different walls in the photo -

A previously undisclosed, classified stealth helicopter apparently was part of the U.S. task force that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan on May 1.

The exact type of helicopter is unknown but it appears to be a highly modified version of an H-60 Blackhawk. Photos disseminated via the European PressPhoto agency and attributed to an anonymous stringer show that the helicopter’s tail features stealth-configured shapes on the boom and the tail rotor hub fairings, swept stabilizers and a “dishpan” cover over a five-or-six-blade tail rotor. It has a silver-loaded infrared suppression finish similar to that seen on V-22s.

See AviationWeek.com/ares for some photographs.

The aircraft was damaged during the mission and abandoned. The mission team destroyed most of the airframe but its tail section landed outside the wall of the target compound and escaped demolition.

taken from here

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
another observation on the inside and outside.

there was supposed to be a gunfight which lasted about 40 minutes.

do you see any shells on the floors or signs that any bullets hit the walls in these pictures? with the exception of the window in the room he was supposedly killed in, none of the windows appear to have been broken either. does that sound right to you?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
we are told here ...

Pakistani and U.S. soldiers take part in a joint exercise in 2002 - similar to the ones they would have carried out together in 2008, just yards from Bin Laden's compound

but wasn't this place only built 5/6 years ago?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

From what I understand is that there were 4 helicopters.
Does anyone know how many guys were actually on the ground ?
Seems to me, that there is barely room to land one chopper in the
yard let alone two . . . four.

btw the no evidence (body) because they didn't want a shrine being
built is such a hoax. Muslims have NEVER built a shrine to worship
dead people since it's against the religion.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
image number 5 ...

is this an answephone (in a building that supposedly had no telephones?

also - why is it totally white when it should be splashed with blood due to its proximity to the blood on the carpet?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

btw the no evidence (body) because they didn't want a shrine being
built is such a hoax. Muslims have NEVER built a shrine to worship
dead people since it's against the religion.

also - where are all the other bodies? what did they do with them? drop them in the sea also? how could there have been room on the helicopters for all those bodies (when they were one helicopter down?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
reply to post by Whateva69

yes, there are very few, poor quality pics around of the inside and none can be taken now it has been burned down so we have to figure it out from the existent pictures.

whoa, r u saying the building has been burned
completely down ???

first we had a disappearing body
now we have a disappearing house ???

lmao

how much more stupid can this get ???

oh yea, one more thing.
the pics from that link in the OP
are from 2 different houses on
the outside.

One has a sandbag bunker on the roof
and the other does not.
These are 2 different houses.

look for urself

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Because those pictures are from the clean up operation the days after the event.
Come on man, there isn't a weird conspiracy in everything.

image number 5 ...

is this an answephone (in a building that supposedly had no telephones?

also - why is it totally white when it should be splashed with blood due to its proximity to the blood on the carpet?

It's probably some equipment from the soldiers or whoever took the photo.

Seriously a lot of this stuff you are really stretching hard to find some sort of problem... You end up seeing things and making connections that aren't there.

From your original post, you talk about picture 6. Those aren't windows, it is a door. The glass and decoration on the glass also matches many of the windows in the outside photo.

You also talk about the fact there are no shell casings. Just because there was a firefight for 40 minutes it doesn't mean that there was machine guns blaring every minute. Anyway, there are probably shell casings around, just not in these photos.

Tbh they had probably left the bodies there for the pakistani military to clean up. They only wanted one guy, why bother taking the whole lot.

I'm not saying you are wrong, it's just with a little analysis and common sense you can debunk most of what you are suggesting.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
My understanding is that the operation began during the early morning and they were on the ground for about 1 hour. That would have allowed for early dawn light to be present in the photos and with long exposure times needed to pick up that light would account for the blurred pictures.

well that doesn't gel with the eyewitness
who was tweeting the event live as he stated
it happened around midnight and ended around
1:30 am. local time.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Dragoon01
My understanding is that the operation began during the early morning and they were on the ground for about 1 hour. That would have allowed for early dawn light to be present in the photos and with long exposure times needed to pick up that light would account for the blurred pictures.

well that doesn't gel with the eyewitness
who was tweeting the event live as he stated
it happened around midnight and ended around
1:30 am. local time.

Where has anyone said that the photos are from during the operation. It is quite likely that some officials went the day after the raid and took them. This would explain the removed bodies etc etc.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

as i have posted already - look at the inside house windows pattern, shape and number of windows/doors and then show me which ones they are on the outside. you can clearly see that one particular room in the video has two walls that have windows on each making it a corner room yet the window do not match any window on any side of the outside building being shown. this is definitely NOT the same building. please prove me wrong on this.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Noviz

as i have posted already - look at the inside house windows pattern, shape and number of windows/doors and then show me which ones they are on the outside. you can clearly see that one particular room in the video has two walls that have windows on each making it a corner room yet the window do not match any window on any side of the outside building being shown. this is definitely NOT the same building. please prove me wrong on this.

How can you be certain that the photos of the outside of the building are taken at every angle. Like I said, I'm not saying you are wrong; but jumping to conclusions and saying "this is definitely NOT the same building" is kinda silly. I find that a lot on ATS and then they are proven wrong quite quickly.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz

How can you be certain that the photos of the outside of the building are taken at every angle.

the house is a square - it has four sides.

the front of the house

the back of the house

the left and right sides of the house

view left hand side of house here

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hey,not to detract from the topic too much but anyone notice the stone writing on the mountain in this pic?

cryptome.org...

Too big to post here as a pic I think,but check out the writing-middle of pic at top of mountain.
Wonder what that says?
Looks hard to read from that angle,wonder if theres a better pic?

Does anyone know what it says?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You are correct I missunderstood an article that I read about the timing. Yes it was earlier in the Am local time.
Today however I read a Pakistani account of the operation.
The SEALs arrived and were on site for 40 minutes that does not mean they were involved in a 40 minute long firefight. They were on site for that period of time. The Pakistani military arrived as the SEALs were leaving. They have been there ever since as they are today keeping the media away from the house. There is more than one building on the site and targets were engaged in multiple buildings. It is likely that the photos that are in question were from some of the smaller buildings onsite that we have not seen dipicted from the othside because they are behind the 12 foot walls and the media has not been allowed inside of the compound.
I am speculating here so keep that in mind but it seems to me that the SEALs are not the ones that took the interior shots of the house. I imagine they were tied up with collecting the electronic media that was on site and did not take too many photos. I would think that the CIA sent in agents with the Pakistani's after the raid was done and they took the photos we are seeing from inside the house.
The story I read was the daughter of Bin Laden's account of what happened and she says that the SEAL's took Bin Laden and his Son but left everyone else. The Pakistani's arrived and took care of the wounded female and the children that were on site.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join