It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video from birds point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Not exactly sure at what we are looking at here. I am not familiar with the region. If anyone is can they explain what it is we are seeing besides major flooding? What really could this do to the new madrid fault?
edit on 3-5-2011 by Libran1 because: added video link

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
oops
edit on 3-5-2011 by fltcui because: too fast on the draw

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm from the area...the first blast was heard last night around 10:15pm. I think they are doing it 2 or 3 more times. They have decided to flood farm land instead of the nearby cities. I think they are taking stress off the other levees.

As far as the NMFZ trillions of tons of water is flowing over the area..imagine the weight..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Wow its like totally obvious right there in the open, thats a # load of water to be weighing on top of that fault

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm more concerned over why a dying town of 2,800 people was chosen to be saved over all that producing farmland.
Missouri paid a high price for something more than a couple of small river towns.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not to mention all the fracking chemicals possibly being washed out and spread over farm land.
If it is, it will be a long time after the water is gone before the land can produce healthy food again.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

A little more of Missouri's independence has been dealt with. I don't think the Feds should be meddling between States. I'm not sure of the production rate of the farm land, but I would think that this will hurt Missouri's economy.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I wondered the same thing myself. I sure do hate to see all the farm land flooded--who knows how long it will be before it is usable again. After already hearing we need to be prepared for food shortages this year it doesn't make sense to make all those acres useless. I think we will feel the repurcussions of this for a LONG time.
Nana

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NANAinINDIANA

Here is a 2007 USDA report. www.missourieconomy.org...

I wonder how much of that dark green shaded area are independent farmers. Now that their livelihoods are under water agribusiness could buy them out cheap.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

No doubt. I checked out the report and I would guess the number of Agri Bus (3,041) vs. the number of farms (107,825) will be greatly changed in favor of Agri Businesses. So sad. Something else that is sad (at least here in Indiana) is the number of independent farmers having to put their land up for sale, and when it is sold, we either get a new neighborhood of big, fancy houses, or a "Factory Farm" (Agri Bus).
Will people realize that without farm land we won't have anything to eat? I am very concerned because I don't want to eat food from these mega farms where animals are crammed into small spaces living in each other's waste and I don't want to eat genetically modified anything!
My thoughts will be with those farmers in Missouri and I hope things can get turned around in the right direction. Good luck to all in the area.
Nana

new topics

top topics

join