It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone call by Kuwaiti courier led to bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Phone call by Kuwaiti courier led to bin Laden

www.google.com

When one of Osama bin Laden's most trusted aides picked up the phone last year, he unknowingly led U.S. pursuers to the doorstep of his boss, the world's most wanted terrorist.

That monitored phone call, recounted Monday by a U.S. official, ended a years-long search for bin Laden's personal courier, the key break in a worldwide manhunt.

In August 2010, Ahmed unknowingly led authorities to a compound in the northeast Pakistani town of Abbottabad, where al-Libi had once lived. The walls surr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't know if Bin Laden is really dead or not
Personally I think he either died a few years ago but they wanted to continue this war so they kept saying he was alive or he is still alive.

With that said let's go into the official story, they kept saying that they found Bin Laden finally thanks to torture methods.

Apparently this is incorrect, they found him because of one of OBL's messengers.
So everyone praising torture methods have been praising it for nothing.

Thank You
MA

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I haven't read or heard anything about finding him through torture methods.
Not saying it wasn't said, but do you have a source on that?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

its right out there wth every other lie

As ABC News notes:

The revelation that intelligence gleaned from the CIA's so-called black sites helped kill bin Laden was seen as vindication for many intelligence officials who have been repeatedly investigated and criticized for their involvement in a program that involved the harshest interrogation methods in U.S. history.

current.com...

then there's the part where Bush ok'd torturing innocent people's childrens testicals with pliers...
trully shows the state of the onion
I guess you'll get what ever you want to hear that way eh?

edit on 3-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Must be some phone company that can connect to the netherworld.. Wonder if it was billed as local or long distance..
Think I need a new shovel the bovine fecal matter the u.s government throws around is getting deeper than normal...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just to nitpick, the courier's name is al-Kuwaiti, who is in fact a Pakistani.

From the few articles on him, it seems waterboarding did not provide the intelligence on him, but traditional interrogation did, or at least it gave them a name to work with.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

then there's the part where Bush ok'd torturing innocent people's childrens testicals with pliers...

eWhaaa?!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The issue here is that the team had a kill-or-capture, which I think was shorted to just 'kill' in the heat of things as holding bin Laden would have been an incredibly stupid thing to do in terms of US security. Think of all the bombs and stuff that would be brought here if we held bin Laden - at worst now, they may try to bomb, but in their guts and in the back of their brains, members of al-Qaida know that we never stop looking...

Kudos to our boys with boots on the ground, and to the President for being quick and sharp with this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

look it up

John Yoo publicly argued there is no law that could prevent the President from ordering the torture of a child of a suspect in custody – including by crushing that child’s testicles.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

so how many childrens testicles had to be crushed to make this fictional movie we are being handed?
does PETA do children....?

they have to justify torture so they can use it on you and your children
or if you happen to get married after torture..your adopted children

OH i suppose I'm an america hater for pointing this little tid bit out
if thats the way the US is going to roll
so be it

top topics

join