It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence to suggest Dinosaurs may still be around!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Turning 19 yesterday I had a bit of an identity crisis and was scared of getting old. For some reason I went into a tangent and ended up thinking about dinosaurs and then on to whether or not they might still be about today. So I scrolled through Google and found the following. Please feel free to contribute any other evidence you know of or stumble across!

Spread out amongst the dense jungles of Cambodia hide the remains of an ancient and grand civilization. Once inhabited by a people known as the Khmer, today millions of tourists visit the temples at Angkor to get a glimpse of the majesty of this once proud city.

The Khmer began to develop as a unique culture in Cambodia around 2000 years ago.

I finally located the glyph I was searching for near the exit to the complex. Before me, enclosed in a round circle, was a clear depiction of what could only be a stegosaurus.
Source

Could this be evidence for the argument that dinosaurs have at least been around in recent years?

Possibly.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Or, if the Earth is 6000 years old (or 13,000 for those other guys) like Creationists believe, then yes, Dinosaurs were around not too long ago.

There's also evidence of Dinosaur footprints next to Human footprints, so you may be more right than you think.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is an interesting thought. I can't imagine being alive when the dinosaurs were. But maybe some of them were cool with humans

Identity crisis at 19? That sounds about right. I think most people are struggling to discover themselves at that age. I certainly was.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
So I scrolled through Google and found the following.

Do more googling.
Once you get past the nutters saying its a stegosaur, the real answer is to be found.
Go on, you can do it.

Edit - a like everything, this has been discussed before on ATS.
Read the old threads and the real answer is there as well.

Edit2 - I dont like the thread title. This is not "NEW", this image having circulated the internet for many years now.

edit on 3-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
two things.

1. I'm certain there are no dinos in south east asia.

2. how do you define a "crisis"? Every day is a new opportunity to make progress in making the life you want. It's all your choice.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Perhaps they discovered the Fossils when digging. The Ancients did many things on the whim.
I'm open to all possibilities though, perhaps the Stegosaurus was around until recent Human times alive and well until the Ice Ages came and maybe Flooded their Habitat of Indonesia Just a thought.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3b997fedb16.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Here's a plethera of information that will keep you busy -
www.dinosaursandman.com...

On a sidenote- Worried about getting old are you? Whatever you do, don't believe anyone that tells you life is short. I'm coming up to my 51st and am still very active, do construction, am a craftman and a rock and roller. I think back to being your age and all the places and things that I've done, both good and bad. Man, how many lifetimes is that? (..and I'm only halfway through.)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Great find!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

First, 19 is SO not old! You are young,enjoy it.

On topic, that pillar is but one bit of evidence. There are others. Try some of the creationist sites for links. Regardless of your opinions there, it's a place to start. Many other places, there are what seem to be dinos in ancient art. Not to mention, of course, the many sightings. Even so far as pterosaurs in Texas. Have good reason to believe those are real. Check out a book called Monsters of Texas by Ken Gerhard and Nick Redfern. Some quite interesting stuff in there.

Also, if surfing the net for good cryptozoology sites, avoid one that might seem good, with that as its main name. Place is chock full of rabid skeptics, and nowhere near what it was in years past. Apologies if we aren't supposed to post about that. Just felt the need to caution. This site is a GEM, with real moderation, and plenty of good people. Some other cool data out there as well.

Oh, do a search for the Moore's Beach Monster - you might find it fascinating!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

The story I read is that Angkor Wat was built by ETs for their human followers.

The humans probably didn't remember dinosaurs, but the ETs probably did.

Per this same material, many life forms on earth are the products of genetic experiments by the distant ancestors of the various space-faring ET races that still exist today. I have multiple sources for this general idea, but of course no hard science.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Um... the earth is about 4.5 billion years old. That's alot more that 6000 years ago, civilizations where around then.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Edit - a like everything, this has been discussed before on ATS.
Read the old threads and the real answer is there as well.

Edit2 - I dont like the thread title. This is not "NEW", this image having circulated the internet for many years now.

^ this

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

The story I read is that Angkor Wat was built by ETs for their human followers.

The humans probably didn't remember dinosaurs, but the ETs probably did.

Per this same material, many life forms on earth are the products of genetic experiments by the distant ancestors of the various space-faring ET races that still exist today. I have multiple sources for this general idea, but of course no hard science.

So.......we are to believe not that animals could have been alive far more recently than we are told, bu that beings from another planet built objects, which they left here, showing these ancient animals? Based on probability alone, I think I will stick with dinos and humans being around at the same time. Besides, I have seen a human print in the same rock layer as dino prints. Nope, not the Paluxy River ones.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There is a branch of Dinosauria living today!

BIRDS ...
Sorry no stegosauruses. We know this because we don't even have any bones younger then about 140 Ma.

edit on 6-5-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

could be a dinosaur.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Every time I see the word Dinosaur I hum the Jurassic Park theme and think of Dinosaurs roaming the earth... I'm 24 lol DINOSAURS FRIGGIN RULE!!!!

Imagine if it was a Cloverfield type scenario and one somehow found New York, I'd buy a plane ticket just to watch!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found this when digging around for the above threads
blogs.smithsonianmag.com...

In 2007, I corresponded with the leading French dinosaur paleontologist Eric Buffetaut, who does fieldwork in Cambodia and Thailand, about this alleged Stegosaurus on the Cambodian temple. Here are Buffetaut's comments:
"I think this carving is a recent fake. As you mention, it seems to be
a different color from the other blocks, which suggests a recent
addition, which had no time to weather to the same dark color as the
rest. [This block appeared while the temple was being
restored]. People in SE Asia are now perfectly familiar with dinosaurs
and what they may have looked like, so I can easily imagine a local
sculptor deciding to add a dinosaur carving to a Khmer temple (in a
place like Cambodia, restoration of remote ancient buildings is
likely to be done locally with not much supervision by trained
archeologists). I have seen many sandstone carvings of dinosaurs in
Thailand, made by local people as decorations.
Moreover, the head is not at all stegosaur-like. It is too big relative to the
body and in fact it is ceratopsian-like, with a neck frill and what
looks like a horn above the eye. It is totally unlikely that an
ancient Khmer sculptor could have combined parts of two different
dinosaurs in this way (not to mention the fact that no remains of
horned and frilled ceratopsians have ever been found in SE Asia). But
it is just the kind of amusing combination a modern Cambodian who has
seen dinosaur reconstructions in a book or on television could produce.
In my opinion, this carving is a modern creation."

Comment by Adrienne Mayor - March 14, 2009 @ 5:53 pm

and this one has several different views
paleo.cc...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Really? This?

Not only has this topic been discussed many times on the ATS forums, but it is beyond ridiculous.

Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago.

Case closed.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Terrans live under the earth, and also they camaflage themselves amongst us as well, and work in our businesses, and various places. We don't see them as they really are. The terrans that were here longer than us.
We're not only intelligent species native to earth.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Watch the documentary Dragons or Dinosaurs: Creation or Evolution. Very informative about Darwinism vs Creationism, as well as the cryptozoological question of dinosaurs. Also search the Mokele m'Bembe. I assume you have heard of the Loch Ness Monster? Plesiosaur.

SeraphNB

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join