It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Hunt Begins.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yes I know, a dramatic title.
Hopefully, got everyones attention. What I am proposing is a global UFO hunt involving ATS members.

We have all seen the videos on the interweb. Some have left us speechless, unable to debunk them. Some are blatant hoaxes. Whether fake or real, It's fair to say that the vast majority of ATS members have probably seen the vast majority of vids out there.

So I would like to invite all ATS members to join me on the hunt for ET. The summer is rolling in for us northerners and the nights are lighter, longer and warmer.

The plan of action for this hunt breaks down as follows:

1) Anyone is welcome to participate and contribute to this FACT finding mission.
2) NO videos that aren't your own. Thats what the rest of this forum is for.
3) ET Hunters should carry with them at all times (if possible):
- Portable Camera with video recording function.
- Camera Phone
- Map of the area (OS or Road map)
- Pen and Notebook

The idea is that no matter where you are, you are prepared for any close encounters of the third kind. it could be that you live next to a UFO hot spot and you stake it out once a week . Or you may just spend the summer evenings in your back yard. It's up to you. Either way, WE WILL FIND ET. (or at least try)

If you do see something that would constitute a genuine UFO, the you should film it, take pictures, note down your location, location of the UFO in relation to you, direction of travel etc.

Worse case scenario if you miss said object, then a sketch on a bit of paper. (You never know if someone else saw the same object).

Any budding P.I's are welcome to investigate sightings they haven't seen and post reports. By circumventing the MSM we can perhaps filter out all of the guff and get down to the real nuts and bolts of any sightings.

If this project interests you then WE WANT YOU. ATS has literally, bazillions of members. Thats is HUGE resource to draw upon. ET can't evade all of us.

I personally will make efforts to post back here once a week with my results positive or negative and invite members to do the same see what we can find out there.

Good Hunting.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wait a minute..

We haven't started yet? I thought we have since the 50's!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
ATS has literally, bazillions of members.

Whats the starting salary?
Do I also get paid on commission along with the standard weekly salary?
Will I get reimbursed for the gas money spent?
Per Diem for hotel accommodations?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSecretAgent

I agree with your post and I also think that if this forum was dedicated more toward first hand information it would be alot more interestiing. Obviously this takes the time, inclination and location of willing people but i am sure there are many board members near hotspots.

What about lake eerie (sp), pine gap and certain utah ranches? Fresno CA: there was a dramatic video investigation on youtube where thermal images were captured and camera batteries ran dry for no apparent reason. Anyone nearby?

It would be great for ATS to evolve to a point that we can represent properly documented cases. Potentially groundbreaking even.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm in!
Actually I'm hunting everyday and my HTC smartphone has got a valid camera/camcorder (but limited zoom capabilities) while I always have a pen with me and several stupid papers in my wallet I can use to write on. Therefore I can be part of the Summer UFO Hunting Team (SUHT)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So what your proposing is nothing more than tons and tons of more youtube videos of lights at night? Yeah, because that is all you will get, or airplanes from a distance at day.

The only thing you are doing is ENCOURAGING the IGNORANT to increase the signal to noise ratio that makes this subject a laughing joke, you do realize that, right?

I could give you 10-12 ideas that would be better fit to propel this subject to the next level if you could get every on board, and pointing cameras at the sky is not one of them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Good idea, i'm in.

Anybody know where the hotspots are at the moment?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Actually, the point of the exercise is not to generate tonnes of videos of "lights at night". I don't honestly believe for one minute that every ATS member interested will all of a sudden bombard the site with loads of videos. I haven't seen a UFO since I was 12, (26 now), that I haven't been able to self debunk as a plane, meteorite etc.

If you don't want to contribute, then don't.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

I like SUHT. Will have to get a logo done.

I am going to try and get a map of UFO hotspots in GB. As I live in scotland, I do believe there are one or two. Can't remember off hand.
edit on 3/5/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What is a "ufo hotspot"? Is that where UFO's appear with such precision and predictability that every UFO hunter and novelist that makes their living off this subject flocks to with massive amount of equipment in order to cement their name in Ufology history as capturing the ultimate in evidence? I mean, if they are hotspots, why wouldn't the massive amounts of people that "make" their living from this subject not want to head there using their book and tour money in order to capture something that will make them a HOUSEHOLD WORD?

UFO "hotspots" are bunk, otherwise we would have CONCRETE video evidence by now, that is called COMMON SENSE. Or UFO investigators are bunk, otherwise we would have CONCRETE evidence of such hotspots by now, right? I'm not talking about some ridiculous video open to interpretation of satellites or moths flying near the camera.

I am curious if you guys could tell me why all these "famous" ufo hotspots over the years have not produced anything that settles it for folks like me yet? And don't even bother with the florida case(s), that is an obvious joke and way too muddle to take seriously now anyway.

I would also like to hear from the famous UFO investigators as to why they have not spent their hard earned money on investigating hotspots, or getting natgeo or the history channel to spend the money to, I mean, they are UFO hotspots, a month or so they and they should be guaranteed some verifiable action, right?

Hotspots are a joke, and WILL never produce any evidence worth talking about.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Buying a camcorder soon

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This is a great idea, and a bit of fun too. I'll take part.
I think those being negative should just leave this thread alone. If you don't want to take part, then don't, and leave those that do to get on with it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Im in.

Do i get to wear a badge.

Always the real thing, always SUHT.

reply to post by MainLineThis

I could give you 10-12 ideas that would be better fit to propel this subject to the next level if you could get every on board, and pointing cameras at the sky is not one of them.

are you gonna share your 10 - 12 ideas with anyone?

Attention please! SUHT wanted!.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86dff1c5b2a9.gif[/atsimg]

Just and idea...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Love the Logo.
well done

slogan ideas:

SUHT, to our members we are the 4th Emergency service

4 out of 5 ufo recommend SUHT

A SUHT a day helps you work, rest and play.

Only SUHT have the answer

Anytime, anyplace, SUHT

Things happen after a SUHT

The SUHT of your life

Were serious about SUHT

IT's not TV it's SUHT

SUHT comes to those that wait.

All because the Lady love SUHT

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by petdog82

Lovin the catchphrases. The "4 out of 5..." is my favorite.
edit on 3/5/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The organization's main business would be shaping this subject through the use of subjective PR in order to foster the environment that would allow this subject to be taken seriously. Otherwise....your just pissing in the wind and then complaining to the rest of us when your legs get wet.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You forgot the most important bit of kit:

You can pick one up for under £5.

Maybe then we can get a stable video for once.

Good to see a fellow Scot with some initiative, I usually keep my eyes upwards when i'm not at work hoping to get that final proof.

Good hunting.

edit on 3/5/11 by Morgil because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/5/11 by Morgil because: pic

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Dang.. can't believe I forgot the tripod lol!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Good idea ATSsecretagent, we should use our forces together.

And Morgil; when i read the thread it was one of my first ideas to post as well, you beat me to it.
But let's repeat; please use a tripod, i can't stand any more shaky / blurry videos.

And imagine you have the big shot, and you'll find it it's to shaky, since obviously you have been shakenend by the sighting.

Another idea; some of the newer cameras offer the possibility to shoot a picture every X second.
So everybody could put theirs up, fotographing the sky, every night.

So many sigthings would have different angle recordings.
Let's do it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join