It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believing In Conspiracy Theories Is A Form Of Psychosis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I view all this as the classic Ad Hominem attack. If your viewpoint lacks merit attack the character of the opposition. Calling someone crazy, racist as such relies on an Ad Hominem attack.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
the same people who brought you Zionism also put the bolshevics in power
and it is the soviets who pioneered the
"disagree with state you must be insane" shtick

telling point IMHO
edit on 3-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why don't some of these journalists, with all their resources, actually investigate these 'ridiculous' conspiracy theories instead of labeling the people who ask the REAL questions?

Oh wait we all know the answer to that, they get a much bigger paycheck for publishing propaganda.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Weird.

The weird thing is I was thinking about this very subject last night at home.

For example, the reptilian thing. That just sounds way too far out of realty for me.

But the more I hang here and less I pay attention to media, I start to believe crap (that's what it is) a little more and more.

So I really do believe you should seek balance as a conspriacy type person because if you only mix with crazies, perhaps it eventually rubs off on you.

Read all news, weigh the facts, then decide on your own.

That's what I do ration myself.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

WE all want to live normally and we want to think different and to look deeper .

we gather info - we see - we reason - we analyze.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

Just wanted to throw a bible verse in there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That whole bit was epic garbage. I really liked the bit when he said that we need to "de-emotionalize" the people. Equilibrium was a film about a 1984 type future where the people had been stripped of their emotions to conform to the state. Is there anything more backwards than calling the people with skepticism and a passion for liberty, crazy. It's disgusting to be honest.

I would have expected nothing less from a piece sponsored by Zionist media.

Believe what we tell you, or you're a psychopath.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Seriously, it's really really bad here at ats. I hadn't fully realized how widespread the delusions were until yesterday.

I really think an unnerving number of people here are doing anything BUT denying ignorance. Many of them may need mental health care in a very real way.

For the first time, I see this site as being dangerous and harmful.

Thinking about no longer coming here despite the fact that have seen some good and thoughtful analysis at times.

People are getting to caught up in paranoia and anti-whateverism. This community is manufacturing broken minds and creating a deep and insidous vulnerability in people.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

msnbc is a conspiracy theory.. fts

as a matter of fact, YESTERDAY is a conspiracy theory!!

How can you tell it was real? Do you have evidence of yesterday? Do you have a video? no.. exactly..
You're wrong..
yesterday Couldn't have existed..

You're psychotic.. Period the end..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Marginalize . . .

Castigate . . .

Demonize . . .

Then, Terminate . . . with abandon.

Tyranny has a script that tyrants tend to play by throughout the ages.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
MK-ULTRA happened...how does attempting to understand that the reality of intelligence experimentation on the populace a form of psychosis?

There are other conspiracies that have been admitted to...making supposition of the past fact of the present...

This guy is just a hack...I'm not worried...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why do they care what conspiracy theorists think? If its all a load of rubbish then why do they care and write books about CT's? Why do we care what they think about us as members of a conspiracy board?

I have been thinking this, with the msm calling anyone who wants to see a photo of a dead Osama a conspiracy theorist. Why do they care what conspiracy theorists think? If conspiracy theorists are so full of BS an psychotic then why care what they think about the photo's?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wow, attempting to label something as common as skepticism or uncertainty as a conspiracy theory is scary.

I smell another rat...er...I mean...another way to divide people. Just make them all suspicious of anyone who doesn't toe the party line. And empower them to point fingers and burn those who don't at the stake.

How very convenient for those who don't want to answer perfectly valid, if hard, questions.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
After watching the video I have concluded my way of thinking is wrong, I have a problem and I will now like "rational people" will just accept as fact what ever that box in my living room tells me is true. There is no reason for me to think independently, and like all other lemmings....I mean "rational people" I will walk off the cliff when the box tells me it is in my best interest to do so.

Thank you for showing me the error in my ways MSNBC.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I can tell you about a weird form of psychosis...

Some people are never really happy with what they have, it's just not enough to constantly give them self-esteem.
They are very afraid that some behind might be ahead of them later on.
Instead of taking this has a challenge life has to offer them, they try to limit the chances of people behind.
They work all the time! And they are never happy, it's just never enough, they need more.
Sometimes, you just can't do anymore with nothing but that doesn't stop theses people. They must find other ways to calm this feeling of maybe, just maybe, not being a winner.
They are willing to lend 1% of what they own and you can do anything with it! They give the sense of choice and freedom to those people and they tell them how it's the best thing ever, because you just might someday be someone that gives others this chance. They don't really tell that 1% is how much they value your life and soul.
Then they change the whole world and say it's for your good. They give you so many choices in life, they share this amazing sense of freedom of having the car YOU want in YOUR color. To the point where this becomes the point of life itself.

Then they tell you, you must fight for this freedom, for this life they has given to you.
Some people may die, but they just wouldn't know if freedom even if it hit them! This is the perfect world.

While being in happy land, the gods that have given you all this are still not happy. Do they require more sacrifice? Will this satisfy the psychosis?

If all this time, those gods actually would of felt control over their own self, their esteem, their uniqueness and their happiness they wouldn't have created this freedom for us all.

...would you imagine if we couldn't have a chance to decide what would be the color of our chains?
Now that would be hell!

Long live the psychosis of greed! hurray hurray

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Unless one is of the older vintage you don't have the length of life to compare the now to the then, even if its only over the last 60 odd years. But the change effecting so many parts of our lives is quite unbelievable.

The British Police were well liked and welcome into people's homes. People felt safe, respected and trusted them. They were there to protect the public. Now suddenly they are no longer protecting the public as Ian Tomlinson could testify were he alive after the G20 demonstrations i Lodon - something he was not ven a part of. They are protecting the Establishment against the public.

I could go on and mention education, incidents involving politicians whereby the involved individual would have resigned his/her seat immediately. Today, we till have not said a word to Tony Blair over the deaths and war in Iraq despite the fact he led us to believe Sadam had WMD.

Obama boasting he knew where Osama BL was since September last year, yet only dealing with his most wanted man in the world two weeks after he tips his hat at the next election.

Conspiracy - Its real, in actual fact one could ask where does it stop quite reasonably?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually the conspiracy theories can teach you what the news cannot,or the books has porpously ommited,the manmade religions around the world forbid,its not or maybe just a fact is an alternative,not your personal solution to everyday problems.If you have the capability to believe in anything,thats call psychosis,and if your not thats psychosis,you cant be exempt of thinking,its you who give meaning to your prejudice or sentences,in on and all we ALL ARE PSICHOTICS.until you die.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Of course we are living in our own realities. we as humans have the power to CREATE.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Damage to the sense of shared reality, eh?

Sounds just fine to me.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
He might be right that someone believing every single conspiracy theory without question does have a problem, but who does that? I do not know anybody believing every theory to be the absolute truth. But how can believing in the possibility of some of them be psychotic?

How is believing every conspiracy theory to be false, believing everything the government says and think that it is impossible for politicians to serve their self interest not psychotic. Blind faith in government is worse and more dangerous than most (if not all) cults or religions.

It would be interesting to see this guy call Jesse Ventura or Donald Trump psychotic to their face. Could make an entertaining debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join