It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The history of 'Greys'....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Who 'invented' greys?

So we all know that 'flying saucers' was a phrase started and coined by that guy in his Cessna over North America somewhere and ever since, lots (would it be the majority - no, thats reserved for shaky lights) of sightings are of Saucers.

But 'greys', so lots of hoaxes lately of released autopsies, hidden tapes, gnomes behind french people, small guys captured by russians, stick men walking by CCTV, interviews in area 51 etc etc.

So when did the little fella with silvery skin and big eyes become the mainstream description of an ET or grey.

See, Hollywood has had a few types, loads in fact, Predator, Independance Day, ET, Close Encounters, Paul to name a few, but it seems that the mainstream animation of an alien is a grey? Is it not?

In the movie Paul, I suppose Paul is a classic(ish) looking Alien, when you see it you know its 'supposed' to be an alien and everyone recognised it as one, hence the reason it was in the movie, but what brought that about? There are no mainstream sightings of ET (from the spielberg film) no one sees a brown dude with glowing fingers and a elastic neck, but greys were around years before all this but where did it start???

Has anyone tracked the history of 'greys'? I dont know where to start
edit on 3-5-2011 by MisterBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
i think the betty and barney hill abduction case is when the classic description of an alien grey really took off.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Aleister Crowley's "lam" Was something that he invoked repeatedly.
He sketched this picture in 1918. Check out the link.
www.boudillion.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

Around 1892, apparently, people took an interest in what human beings would look like after another million or so years of evolution. They concluded that the “Human of the Year 10 Million” would have no hair, mouth, or nose, an enormous lightbulb shaped head, and a small body. Since we’d develop machinery to do all our heavy labor, we’d become more intelligent organisms, thus making out bodies get smaller and our brains get larger. I don’t think there’s an evolutionary reason for it, but in drawings of that era the “people of the future” usually don’t have ears, lips, or noses, and have large or oddly shaped eyes.

If you think that these writings are just some obscure references, think again: in 1892 H.G. Wells, the famous sci-fi author, wrote a story called “Of a Book Unwritten, The Man of the Year Million." A month later, similar stories (copyright law was not very well enforced in those days) appeared in most every newspaper on the face of the earth. Newspapers were then, as they are now, afraid of not covering a story the public was interested in, so when one paper did something that sold a lot of copies, everyone else mimicked them. Almost all included pictures, and thus was the concept of the big headed space alien born.

I know that right now many people who have an interest in space aliens are reading this. I know that they will accuse me of trying to tie together relatively ancient history with the modern times. But I have a silver bullet of an argument with which to counter such claims: the little gray men have not left pop culture since their introduction in the 1890s. In the 1890s the theme seemed to be what humankind would evolve to on a long enough timeline; in the early 1900s a book called The Invasion of Mars (which seems to have been a sequel to War of the Worlds, written without Well’s knowledge) featured the little gray men. So did such fantastic early science-fiction books as The First Men in the Moon and The Hampdenshire Wonder. The simple fact of the matter is that in the early days the little gray men were a staple of the original science-fiction books by Verne, Welles, and the other founders of the genre.

The general trend seems to have gone something like this: people asked themselves what highly evolved humans would look like; they came up with the answers that a more advanced species would have huge heads and small bodies; then books and movies were made about alien invaders, such as War of the Worlds, and the more highly evolved invaders had this peculiar physiology. Then, the books, movies, magazines, comic books, and so on became so popular that everyone in the world would recognize the form; then people began saying that these fictional entities kidnapped them and stuck things up their butts.

In the 30s and 40s the little gray men were the solid foundation of such comic books as Amazing Stories, Wonder Stories, and Science Wonder Stories. Unless you were living in a cave, you couldn’t turn around without bumping into a representation of big-headed little gray men. The simple fact is that they’ve been a part of popular culture, an especially well-recognized part of popular culture, since the 1890s.

The crux of the UFO enthusiast’s argument to prove that space aliens are

www.theironskeptic.com...

But, as randomname stated above, I think the grey alien description became very popular after the Hill abduction.
edit on 3-5-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

That's a picture of megamind

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yes, I know that Crowely link to the ´greys´. It makes sense, I think LAM is part of greater demonic beeings, that intend to become part of our world. The more people belive into ´greys´ ´the more these intities come into reality.

Could be luziferian.

cheers

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For what its worth, I have read in various sources that the classic grey alien is a genetic android made by the master race (maybe the Nordics) to carry out their wishes for them, like abduction and other experiments. They are specially designed for space travel due to their small stature, lack of waste production, no need of food and telepathic abilities. They lack emotions and a true sense of spirituality. More akin to super advanced worker bees. But who knows.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The "Mekon" from the British 1950s comic book Eagle, arch enemy of Dan Dare.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

the earliest one in an abduction was the betty and barney hill abduction. there was one 1n the late 50s someone woke to a small figure that resembled a grey at the edge of his berd stareing at the alarm clock. as well there have been ancient tablets depicting them, so its not an easy to follow history

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't think the greys are made up. From reading a lot of books and accounts from abductees and people who claim to have been in underground bases, they are real and seem to be drones. So, it's not so farfetched that they are real instead of being made up.

But the acclimation of the masses that this particular race is benevolent through cartoons and media is probably very telling of what tptb want to instill in the masses, kind of like Casper the Friendly Ghost.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thats interesting, the phrase little 'Green' men seems to have come from media also, taking reports andchanging them to sell papers or creak hook lines, Science fiction stories seem to have a heavy influence on what becomes mainstream years later.

I wonder if like a the chicken and the egg (I know it was the Rooster) whether a sighting drove the media and science fiction or science fiction created the sighting. There is of course always the option that the sighting was real.

I suppose that if we predicted in a million years man would look similar to grey and they turn out to be an advanced civilisation, how good was that prediction.

Incidentally, people are getting taller, hair is still going strong, with microchips and transplant technology and eye care there is no need for eyes to get bigger or ears to dissapear, if i were to predict what w ewould look like in a million years I would say like we do now, same as crocodiles look like they did a million years ago and anything else living then.

new topics

top topics

join