It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate equals Hate equals Hate. Time to end this cycle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Nothing good can ever come out of the mass rejoicing and sickening images I have seen in the media over the past 24 hours. They are literally revelling in it all like pigs rolling around in #. It's so dehumanising. Don't you realise that propaganda like this is the reason most of the world is now so Anti-American.

The world is no safer with Osama dead. In fact, I would say the savage butchery, rape and pillaging by US and UK soldiers that has taken place over the last decade in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya, has provided a far better recruitment tool for extremists than Osama ever could. His death will only reinforce the will of the people that have been so cruelly oppressed for a decade. America forgot the number one rule: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy!

I feel Martin Luthor King Jr summed the current situation up succinctly.

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

God Help Us All

edit on 3-5-2011 by UndisclosedDesire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

You say

Time to end this

and talk about hate=hate yet you are still throwing little hate jibes in one direction

I would say the savage butchery, rape and pillaging by US and UK soldiers that has taken place over the last decade in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya, has provided a far better recruitment tool for extremists than Osama ever could. His death will only reinforce the will of the people that have been so cruelly oppressed for a decade. America forgot the number one rule: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy!

I don't see you highlighting atrocities committed by Muslim extremists. Just criticism for one side.

The thread is a fail. if you were truly about "Ending the cycle" you would not have singled out one side"

Your true colours are clearly seen - You see one side at fault and not the other! Sneaky jabs
edit on 3-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Which Muslim extremists are you talking about? The ones that are now running around in Libya under the guise of rebels. Al Qaeda, booked by the USA, for a war in Libya.

And for the record, I am british, so I was acknowledging the barbarity of my own government. And the shame I feel at what we have done. You cannot deny we have occupied and oppressed whole nations. We have raped and murdered our way across 3 countries. If it was happening in your country, wouldn't you get a little extreme!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You are absolutely right , but most people don't think like that . They want an eye for an eye , but sometimes I think, what if it was my child that was in the twin towers that day , I would hate Osama and I would probably do a dance or something. You really don't know what you might do when your the victim.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

Any of them, take your pick. Your lack of mentioning any shows a real bias!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

To be honest, there is more evidence supporting the fact that Hamas were responsible for 9/11 due to the US's continuing support of Israel. However, going after Hamas would not bear fruit, or oil for that matter. Hence the decision to use Iraq and Osama Bin Laden as a patsy by the US government in order to gain access to Iraq and finish what Bush Snr had started. If that was the case, everything we have witnessed over the past decade is a monumental lie and those who are responsible for 9/11 will never be brought to justice. The possibility of this alone should anger every American.

And your lack of sarcasm failed to comprehend the humour in my post. The CIA outfitted Al Qaeda, they are a creation of our own making. Giving new meaning to the term reaping what you sow. The rebels in Libya are Al Qaeda and now they are fighting on our side. Utterly laughable. The entire situation.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Luke 10 is the parable of the good Samaritan. The Samaritans and the Jews were enemies. A Jew fell on the ground as his fellow Jews passed him by. Only the Samaritan stopped to assist him, going so far as to pay his debts until he was well. Within this story, Jesus told the secret to eternal life as we transpose this mortal coil of material reality. We can't control hate and bias in other people, but we can demonstrate the love to others by our actions and attitudes. Good post.

Luke 10

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Originally posted by UndisclosedDesire
Nothing good can ever come out of the mass rejoicing and sickening images I have seen in the media over the past 24 hours. They are literally revelling in it all like pigs rolling around in #. It's so dehumanising. Don't you realise that propaganda like this is the reason most of the world is now so Anti-American.

The world is no safer with Osama dead. In fact, I would say the savage butchery, rape and pillaging by US and UK soldiers that has taken place over the last decade in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya, has provided a far better recruitment tool for extremists than Osama ever could. His death will only reinforce the will of the people that have been so cruelly oppressed for a decade. America forgot the number one rule: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy!

I feel Martin Luthor King Jr summed the current situation up succinctly.

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

God Help Us All

edit on 3-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UndisclosedDesire
reply to post by phatpackage

To be honest, there is more evidence supporting the fact that Hamas were responsible for 9/11 due to the US's continuing support of Israel. However, going after Hamas would not bear fruit, or oil for that matter. Hence the decision to use Iraq and Osama Bin Laden as a patsy by the US government in order to gain access to Iraq and finish what Bush Snr had started. If that was the case, everything we have witnessed over the past decade is a monumental lie and those who are responsible for 9/11 will never be brought to justice. The possibility of this alone should anger every American.

And your lack of sarcasm failed to comprehend the humour in my post. The CIA outfitted Al Qaeda, they are a creation of our own making. Giving new meaning to the term reaping what you sow. The rebels in Libya are Al Qaeda and now they are fighting on our side. Utterly laughable. The entire situation.

Evidence please of how you know the rebels in Libya are Al Qaeda. The only "evidence " I know of is a statement by Gaddafi saying they were........and if you believe what he says, you have lost the plot!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Lost the plot have I!! Evidence. Found within a minute from The Telegraph, a high brow respected UK broadsheet newspaper.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The entire situation is a joke and a lot of people need to wake up to it

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You guys are getting off the track and taking things to a personal level.

I for one agree with the original point of this thread.

I am in Australia and support / like want the success of the USA, however the celebrations I see and parties of people dancing in the streets over this death is repulsive.

Sure I understand the hurt and pain alot of Americans felt and the need for closure and retribution being a doorway to that closure but I saw a picture of the mighty Statue of Liberty holding the severed head of OBL.

What an abomination of this great emblem!

Like I said I consider myself an ally and friend to the USA but unfortunately you are bringing us all into major disregard globally by such barbaric actions.

I can only imagine how neutral or those who already disliked the USA now think?

new topics

top topics

join