It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist suspects arrested near Sellafield

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I live just over a mile away from Sellafield, my brother and my dad both work at Sellafield and a large majority of friends, its the biggest employer in Cumbria bar B.A.E in Barrow and a few others.

Sellafield has private security and the Civil Nuclear Constabulary , in fact it is the Headquarters of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary and the main training area for the whole of the UK.

They routinely patrol the site boundaries in 4x4's armed with rifles, pistol and tazer. There is a few man made hills scattered around the site that they use to watch over.

If you get onto the Sellafield site without authorization they can shoot on sight.

Now, this did happen for the people that think it is BS, there is atleast 3 people I know who drove past this happening (It was towards the main gate, good work for the suspects there, very hidden...) and Facebook was going crazy this morning talking about it.

The reason Sellafield is so secure and quick to jump into it all?
1. The UK threat level is currently "Severe":

The current threat level from international terrorism is Severe This means that a terrorist attack is highly likely.

2. Headquarters of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary

3. Sellafield has a bunker that stores about 100 tonnes of plutonium, which experts say is enough to manufacture thousands of nuclear weapons. - www.bbc.co.uk...

4. Sellafield police are very up to date with terrorism, with the main threat to Sellafield being Ireland which really doesnt like having Sellafield just over the pond.

Sellafield is very well known, and I for one am glad that a potential problem has been diverted. We will have to wait and see what Manchester police force announces over the coming week about any intel.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
According to news reports, they have raided 4 properties in east london in connection to these people being arrested.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

4. Sellafield police are very up to date with terrorism, with the main threat to Sellafield being Ireland which really doesnt like having Sellafield just over the pond.

The main threat to ireland is from Sellafield dumping its crap into the Irish Sea, you don't need terrorism when the government is the terrorist themselves.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
... it seems pretty insane timing, either that or cells were activated as soon as news of OBL being killed surfaced.

Either way, it's not a good sign.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Yeah I remember the Irish government sending iodine tablets out to us all a few years back because of all that crap they are pumping into the irish sea. Came outta nowhere.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
... it seems pretty insane timing, either that or cells were activated as soon as news of OBL being killed surfaced.

Either way, it's not a good sign.

who controls these cells is the question!!! is it terorists? or is it just another wing of the C.I.A operations

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join