It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan bombings sidelined by Bin Laden death news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Libyan bombings sidelined by Bin Laden death news

rt.com

Colonel Gaddafi’s compound was hit by an air strike in Tripoli on Saturday night. He escaped death, but three of his grandchildren and his youngest son were reportedly killed. However, Bin Laden's death effectively buried the news.
­Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's 29-year-old son and three of his grandchildren were reportedly killed by a NATO air strike Saturday. All the children were said to be under 12 years old.
But within 24 hours, the US president announced the death of the world's most wanted terrorist – news which overshadowed anything coming from Libya.
“The idea of extraj
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Although news of both events has been previously posted, I though this article from Russia Today was a necassary adition. The attempted assasination of Libyan leader Mummar Gaddafi was overshadowed by the killing of Osama Bin Laden. There are multiple conspiracys surrounding his death, however that is not the subject of this thread. It seems as if his death- wether staged or real, has came in perfect time for the U.S and NATO. It is important that we give this the attention it deserves and we present the necassary outrage towards NATO's attempt to assasinate Gaddafi- which is illegal under international law.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Hopefully Gaddafi will use this time to think about what has happened to the scumbag Bin Laden. He should reconsider his options. I would be able to sleep very well at night knowing that Gaddafi can be terminated just like Bin Laden at any given time if he does not co-operate!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I find that statement to be absurd. Firstly it is illegal under international law to assasinate Qaddafi in his position. Secoundly I don't understand why you would be losing any sleep at night due to him maintaining power?
I am not defending the man. I have a neutral view on his leadership. I don't agree the way he's run his country socially and politically in many aspects. Neither do I agree how he has run his country economically in some aspects. However I do agree he is(at least in the West of Libya) a legitamte leader. Therefor, he has the legitamacy to rule(atleast over the West of Libya) and NATO has no right or reason to intervene.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I find that statement to be absurd.

Well if you want to be like that I find your reply post absurd, totally lacking any logic & common sense and nothing but an attempted personal attack based only on the fact I have a different opinion to you!. See two can play that game as well!

NATO can do what it wants against this oppressive monster of a dictator who is only good for killing his own people. If you call this farce of a dictatorship lasting the length of years this had a legitimate leadership well ....... That speaks for itself.

As for sleeping at I night I meant I would not feel outrage if he was terminated the same way as Bin laden! (We can only wish) Bloody dictators like Gaddafi deserve the same thing!

Now Gaddafi he is absurd!
edit on 3-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

it is sad that a nation who now knows loss can rejoice so much in death, what hope is there for humanity, the death of innocents, the abuse of international laws, the assasination of a man with no evidence just hearsay, conjecture and suspicions and without trial, what has america become, what of the americans who bey for blood and revenge regardless of the cost to morality and life. where now?, who will they aim their weapons at, what nation will suffer the onslaught of america's inability to accept different cultures and ways of life, so willing to send their sons and daughters off to "war" to kill and kill, all to a rock sound track, i feel that america has lost its way, what may have once been a great nation is now a tyrant and a bully, a nation of war and conflict, every aspect of life in america has become akin to a cult spreading its beliefs like islam once did, and cutting off the heads of the infidels who will no partake and bow down them, it is a sad day

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
U.S has already stated that what happened to Gaddafi’s son and grandchildren was LEGAL.

I dont understand how they arrived at that conculsion but you have to understand they will always find ways to make things legal.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You talk rubbish what right has the the west to kill Innocent civilians's not forgetting a school for children with downs- syndrome So what your saying is the west can get away with killing in the name of peace ??? if thats the nato resolution 1973 it want throwing garbage like your comment

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TREASONFX

Not half as much rubbish as you! Gaddafi gets whatever he deserves! Maybe the innocents that get caught up in it have to look at their dictator scumbag leader as being responsible for their fate. If he wasn't so Hitler like NATO would not have a job to do!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Hopefully Gaddafi will use this time to think about what has happened to the scumbag Bin Laden.

From which mafia movie did you take this line? ;-)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I apologise that you thought that was a personal attack however it wasn't. What you did however was deflect the argument.
I do not deny that Gaddafi has many negative aspects associated with his leadership. However the statements in the media regarding Gaddafi are false.
a) It has been proven that he didn't hire mercanaries
b) There is no evidence/proof that he bombed his own people.
Infact the number of civilians killed in the clashed between the police and government protestors was grosly inflated from around 220 to 1000.
Let's disregard this for a secound. You are advocating the regime change of a foregin government which in no way, shape or form was/is in war against a foreign state? - I just want to get a clear answer from you before I proceed to debate with you.
I am going to refer you to an article from the New Yorker, which will paint a clear picutre of Libya for you. It is 14 pages long, however it is leaning in opposition to Gaddafi. www.newyorker.com...
Before I debate legitamacy with you, I would like to know what your concept of legitimate rule is?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Hopefully Gaddafi will use this time to think about what has happened to the scumbag Bin Laden.

From which mafia movie did you take this line? ;-)

Ah Zamini get your Euro's last month? Hope you are well? No movie quote (I would have put it in the special box to avoid copyright hassles) All Phat! You know what the book says!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Hopefully Gaddafi will use this time to think about what has happened to the scumbag Bin Laden. He should reconsider his options. I would be able to sleep very well at night knowing that Gaddafi can be terminated just like Bin Laden at any given time if he does not co-operate!

At any time? Even if it was to be true it took them long enough.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Libya was unfortunatly starting to prosper under Gaddafi and the west didnt want to see that happen. Gaddafi was recognised by the UN for his good human rights records and his help to other local nations that may not have the same resources as Libya.

It is quite sad when a man who has done so much for his country is made out to be a monster by the western media.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
U.S has already stated that what happened to Gaddafi’s son and grandchildren was LEGAL.

I dont understand how they arrived at that conculsion but you have to understand they will always find ways to make things legal.

The US said "It's' legal".

Well blimey that makes it alright then doesn't it?

The real terrorists of this world are the corrupt war mongering governments, who think that they are the decision makers of this world.

It sickens me that Bin Laden (If truly only killed, and no I don't condemn his crimes or that he was the only one behind 911...but I digress) got executed without trial, yet the murderist terrorists who killed Gaddafis INNOCENT little grandchildren will not face the same consequential punishment! Disgusting

Murder is murder whatever way you look at it...It's 6 of One Half a dozen of the other (It doesnt matter who you are). Murder under any circumstances other than a federal death sentence (And i'm not even sure on that) is illegal.

PS: F**k NATO and the UN...I spit on your NWO agenda!

edit on 3-5-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join