It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks revelations only tip of iceberg – Assange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

WikiLeaks revelations only tip of iceberg – Assange

rt.com

The man behind WikiLeaks says his website's revelations are just the tip of the iceberg. In an exclusive interview with RT, Julian Assange said it is only a matter of time before more damaging information becomes known

Facebook in particular is the most appalling spying machine that has ever been invented. Here we have the world’s most comprehensive database about people, their relationships, their names, their addresses, their locations and the communications with each other, their relatives
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 5/3/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Wow, the best interview with Assange I watched so far. Since Osama is dead now Assange may very well be on the way to become new boogie man with whom we can scare children to go to bed...

Nothing more to add, except to quote him: "Our No. 1 enemy is ignorance. And I believe that is the No. 1 enemy for everyone – it’s not understanding what actually is going on in the world. It's only when you start to understand that you can make effective decisions and effective plans. Now, the question is, who is promoting ignorance? Well, those organizations that try to keep things secret, and those organizations which distort true information to make it false or misrepresentative. In this latter category, it is bad media."

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-5-2011 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
oh assange has popped up again. kind of lost all respect for him since all his leaks are pretty disappointing.

Release the big stuff or go back in your hole.

my thoughts anyway.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Oh my god.
Can this guy just shut up and release the cables?
I don't give a rats ass about him or anything, someone just tell him to release the news.

Don't say "it's coming".

By doing that he's openly mocking US intel.
Dude just needs to release the links, and keep quiet.
He isn't important at all, the people who go to him with the links are the important ones.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The leaked cables have not lived up to the hype.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Abney

The leaked cables have not lived up to the hype.

The leaked cables have not lived up to YOUR hype. I thought I'd correct you because something tells me you'd never do that in your own life.

Are you all just drones? Or are you conspiracy nutcases waiting for a big boom? Get over it and view it as it is. Step out of that fantasy world filled with super heroes and spandex suits, this is how it goes in the real world.

But sure, you're free to go back to that deranged landscape inside your head where all ye do is wait for another A-bomb to drop, Aliens to surface or HAARP to bust another country. YOU are why WE are discredited.

Edit:

oh assange has popped up again. kind of lost all respect for him

Well it's a good thing you're a completely irrelevant person just like Assange! Then you nor anyone else needs to care about who you have respect for! THINK instead of "having respect".
edit on 3-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yes, there was media hype - Assange was boasting he had information that could 'take down a bank or two'.

www.smh.com.au...

Well, we're still waiting...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessica6

Honestly, if he lays down all of his cards, then he'll have nothing to bargain with. The threat of releasing the information is probably all that's stopping him from being assassinated or silenced in some other way.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Blimey...sock puppets much?

Ungrateful...very ungrateful.

Assange and Wikileaks are *Absolute Hero's* no ifs and no buts.

Most of you arguing against the truth being made public are sock puppets and shills and the rest don't deserve the freedoms Wikileaks are trying to preserve in an increasingly tyrannical world.

When you're in a cell being tortured, listening to the screams of your wife and children being raped with a rifle or a baseball bat (happens in both Iraq and Afghanistan), think back to you posting rubbish here, in effect arguing for more government controls over you and your family, no governmental oversight.

And you'll realise you were asking for everything you'll get...and you'll deserve it too.

Wake up folks...a single 'human' operator can control hundreds of 'sock puppet' accounts to sway opinion and basically fool you into their way of thinking.

Don't take my word for it, research 'sock puppet accounts' and you'll see what i mean...be wary of posts from members who's accounts are only a couple of months old. Not all of course, but many will be frauds using software to appear as many individuals.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I cant wait for the Facebook cables to be released, that could be very damaging to the Social Networking giant.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You have the reasoning skills of a five year old. We were told Wikileaks was going to topple governments.

Well....So far hasn't happened. Therefore, it hasn't lived up to the hype.

But hey, why don't you throw another tantrum again. Maybe it'll go better for you this time.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yeah yeah. Tip of the iceberg blah blah blah. Spill it already, Assange, or get lost. You're wasting our time.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Forgive me if I´m being rude, but when you are done chasing celebrities you and I can have a discussion.

You have the reasoning skills of a five year old.

Imagine the progression five year old's have made.

We were told Wikileaks was going to topple governments.

There's absolutely no governments being toppled in the ME.

There's absolutely nothing to worry about for them to release news about Osama's death. (edit: lol, it's contagious to spell Osama as Obama, my bad)

Absolutely nothing has happened, no way. And absolutely NOBODY was informed by Wikileaks of anything, ever.

Well....So far hasn't happened. Therefore, it hasn't lived up to the hype.

Because the population in the Western world is docile to the point where they would TORTURE a human were their employers asking for it. And you forget, YOU are the one who makes/brakes and believes the hype. I wasn't hyped up about Wikileaks, I was more, because NOW it would become tremendously obvious that Western governments LIE, something I had said before and was ridiculed for. It's not the fault of Wikileaks that people are more entertained by whatever it is they get shown on the telemevision. It's up to you to EDUCATE yourself and your people, wikileaks is a tool that can help you with that. It still depends upon YOU.

But hey, why don't you throw another tantrum again. Maybe it'll go better for you this time.

Why don't you sit and wait for help from the outside while you go to waste. It sure works for the religious folks...oh wait...
edit on 3-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
C'mon people, don't be so ungrateful! He already exposed many things and put his ass on the line! He cannot spill out everything because his life and his freedom are at stake! He must have something left to bargain with, cause he's fighting for his bare life...
How many of you would change places with him? Honestly? To tell you the truth I wouldn't do as nearly as he did because I think that people don't deserve it! Vast majority of people became lazy and ignorant, sitting comfortably in their couches waiting for truth to be brought along with some hot chocolate...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am tired of hearing about interviews with JA.
Quit stringing us along and release the info.
If it were truly his calling, to provide the truth, then it all would have been released.
I can see maybe holding an Ace or 2 as a deadman drop, but this is just ridiculous.
Thinking maybe TMZ could do a better job.

edit on 3-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You live in a world where seemingly, no people or their families are threatened and no people are kidnapped.

Also, how fitting that you mention TMZ as I'm sure YOU find that (and watch that) way more educative than anything Wikileaks releases, yes?

*Sighs*

Stepping up to the plate will always be hard for people ahead of their time, because other people (like yourself) simply LOVE to live in the past.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yet another ATS'er chiming in on my life as if they know me.

I mention TMZ, not because I watch it, but because it is part of the pop culture now.

So, to your stupid assumption I say "SSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTT"

If JA was truly in it for releasing the truth, he would have done so.
And withholding 1 or 2 things for his get out of jail free card is fine and smart.

edit on 3-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You want him to just dumb the documents out? Fyi it takes time to check the docs and to censor them. If you want to just get a huge dumb of documents anon is the guy to talk to.
edit on 3/5/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I appreciate the insight offered to this.
But, what does JA have to censor? It should be released for all to see.
As for contacting Anon? My batphone to them was broken last week.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Those leaks contain tons of details that would harm innocent people. They have to be taken out. Like in the afgan war files informant names and such details were removed. Even though tons of cables were held back for censor people still claimed that the release put innocent people in danger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join