It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gets struck by lightning TWICE! --- Caught on VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Okay so apparently this is a new video hitting the youtube scene. I've watched it a couple of times and even paused it at the moments where he gets struck and it seriously looks like this is real. What's even better is that he walks away!!

I will say that it does look a bit fake when you watch it, but when you pause the video at the moment when he gets struck, it looks too real to be faked.

I just wanted to post this because if it is real, then what are the odds of actually seeing this play out! I figured you guys would get a kick out of it. So tell me, real or fake?

The chances of being struck by lighting once in a give year are around one in 700,000. The chance of being struck twice within such a short space of time are virtually unmeasurable. It is not known where the video was recorded, although there is Chinese writing in the top corner of the screen.

Cynics suggested that so high was the probability of such a freak accident that the video might have been faked. Some internet users pointed to the lack of visible rain in the CCTV footage while one suggested that lightening hitting the ground would have caused the camera to shake.

Another stated that in the video the lightning lasted for only one frame, whereas, they said, real lightning would have 'overexposed the camera for at least a few frames on each strike'. But other viewers said the video was genuine.

One wrote: 'Security cameras don't just shake every time it's windy don't they? Pause the video when the dude gets hit and look at the light, that's pretty hard to fake, don't you think?' Another added: 'Photoshop can't make a thunder like that. Real.'

And one person wrote: 'I think this is the lesson for all of us - if you are hit by lightning don't get up because you will feel a second wave.'

Only around ten per cent of people who are struck by lightning die, usually because the bolt of electricity causes their heart and breathing to stop. Those who survive tend to wake up from the shock within a few seconds but have little recollection of what happened before the injury. They could suffer minor burns and stroke-like symptoms. A doctor may later point to lightning strikes as the cause of injury.

Here is the first picture paused at the moment of the lightning strike.

Here is the second lightning strike...

I must say it sure looks convincing to me.

edit on 3-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Haha no way!!

I thought I was unlucky..he must have really pissed off the universe

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

somebody get this man a lotto ticket cause his odds are amazing. I don't think anyone could survive that twice but the video is damn good even the ground is blacken after. Running with lead in his pockets or maybe hes got a metal plate in his head. i dont know but thanks for posting

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Already posted, just search man struck lightning

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Reminds me of...

www.youtube.com...

STAY DOWN!!!

new topics

top topics

join