It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wanna see the future ?? ... Inventions to help you for 2050..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Before you start getting excited about time travel etc...then don't BUT the clip is about little inventions to help us Humans around the home in 2050...

Have a look and see what you think....pile of crap or clever and innovative...............Imagination sometimes leads to reality...

(i particulary like the Bio Robot Refrigerator and the 'snail')

www.youtube.com...

(Sorry about the links but I cannot seem to 'embedd' this video.....????)
PDUK

edit on 3-5-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Some of the concepts are cool, but some aren't very practical, at least in my eyes at this point in time. Take a look at what they thought the year 2000 was going to look like back in the 1950s.

I think the snail is an excellent idea, and is probably marketable today, if the inventor could get funding to start mass production on a final design.

The clean closet is really cool, but where does the dirt go? Sometimes clothes have more than just grease marks or a little pen on them. Kids come home covered in mud a lot.

The cooking, lighting, refrigeration panels are an alright concept, but I believe in 50 years cooking enthusiasts will still be using gas stoves and all the other bulky cooking pots and pans. I know I will be.

The dishwasher is okay... I don't see it happening, though. And I definitely don't see the gel refrigerator happening. Maybe 100 years. Not 40. If you think about it, besides computers and TVs, not all that much has changed since 40 years ago in 1970.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Some of those look promising,Does the winner get to mass produce their design I wonder?

I sometimes think we should also be looking at some of our older inventions with a view to modernising them.
An example would be the way we used to power the gas street lights of London and other cities with methane from the sewers.
Back in the day that made being a gas lamp lighter a potentially fatal job(because lamps and pavements would sometimes explode),which was why the practice eventually stopped.
But with todays tech,I think something like that could be very helpful and safe.

Cool thread subject Pdog.

You may enjoy this,a film from the 1930's which makes some funny predictions about the year 2000.
Its an old thread,and fell off the boards after about 1 hr,but you may like it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is more related to the title of the post, more than the topic at hand, but, It's already possible... To a certain extent... Without the aid if quantum mechanics or unrelated psy phenom. Through web bot. Although not 100% correct, it has made some valid predictions.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
The cooking, lighting, refrigeration panels are an alright concept, but I believe in 50 years cooking enthusiasts will still be using gas stoves and all the other bulky cooking pots and pans. I know I will be.

That's probably what they said 50 years ago... and then they got the microwave.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah, interesting concepts...

But honestly, I don't find this new kind of design beautiful (I mean, the whitish Apple new fashion), they tried to make it look futuristic but really it's just not beautiful.

The gel refrigerator is a good idea...but I just don't see it happen...not in a couple of years. I don't think the masses will appreciate putting their food in gel...well I wouldn't...

S&F

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Good find and topic.
I have too much clothes as it is, the Electrolux clean closet would be a very helpful at the moment

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What ever happened to the program tomorrow's world which guessed at future technologies.

They should do that again and revisit past predictions to see if they were close

top topics

join