It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressmen who oppose debt ceiling raise are terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Link

The people who are threatening not to pass the debt ceiling are our version of al-Qaeda terrorists. Really. They’re really putting our whole society at risk by threatening to round up 50 percent of the members of the Congress, who are looney, who would put our credit at risk.

Ask yourself this question, since when in American history does taking the side on an economic issue equate you with being a terrorist? When have you ever been called a terrorist for opposing a certain legislative vote? How is that a democratic process? This man speaks about looney, he is the one attacking anyone who opposes his politics by calling them terrorists. That is something you might here coming from a disgruntled drunk not a former top official in a Presidential administration on television.

If you want the debt ceiling to be raised fine let us debate the issue. But there is no debating an issue when you call the opposition "terrorists". At that point all debate has been stifled. It is the intentional elimination of dissenting voices which he is advocating for.

Since he believes they are terrorists then why does he not call for them to all be arrested and placed in Guantanamo Bay? Let them arrest all Congressmen who vote as they see fit on an economic policy issue. That is absolute violent intimidation, something you would expect out of the old Soviet Russia not the United States. Even the idea that this man was not reprimanded in some way for saying this by his peers is even more sickening.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This guy is a liar and he really thinks people are stupid. This might work with the neo-cons, but it won't work with anyone who stops to think for 2 seconds what he's really saying.

Not raising the debt ceiling ain't default, it's no deficit. And this congressman knows if the deficit must be 0, the GDP will crash by 10%+(deficit + multiplier) and he'll lose his job.

The 2008 decrease in GDP was around 3%... if you cut the deficit to 0, the GDP will decrease by 10-12%, so if you thought it was bad in 2008, it would be even worse.

Just saying ``terrorist`` doesn't address the issue, which is exactly what they want to do since they would lose the argument because they know it's not a default and/or they don't have any actual plan to reduce the deficit.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
oh this terrorist thing
oh boy
remember when there was a communist behind every tree...?
now you have a new BOGEY MAN

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I guess I'm a terrorist then. I don't think the debt ceiling should be raised, I think out of control spending should be cut.
I call top bunk at Gitmo!
edit on 3-5-2011 by beezzer because: It's obamas fault

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
oh this terrorist thing
oh boy
remember when there was a communist behind every tree...?
now you have a new BOGEY MAN

Indeed, that is EXACTLY right, Dan. You know, I so appreciate your posts more and more as the days go on lol your mind works too much like mine

This all really puts me in mind of this scene.. seriously... watch it. It fits perfectly!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

If you crap in someone else's bathroom and don't flush it your a terrorist!

If you eat all the chips at he party your a terrorist!

If you cut me off at the light..your.. a TERRORIST!

If you pee on the toilet seat and leave it there... Your a terrorist!

If you like nsync or Justin Berber your a Terrorist kingpin!
edit on 3-5-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Bin Laden isnt dead. He's alive in every hyperbole spouting politico.

First it was "Hitler" then "racist" then now it's "Bin Laden."

Get used to the Bin Laden card everybody. We're going to be hearing it a lot.

new topics

top topics

join