It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Sony is hacked for a second time with another 25 MILLION customers' personal details stolen Rea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

It sounds like you think the CIA are the ones directly behind Anon. I disagree. I agree that I wouldn't put it past the CIA or others to blame a false-flag on them, though

I think when it comes to conspiracy theories, Anon can't really win - if they do something that coincides with what the US administration would want, such as disrupting Iran and other regimes, people theorize that they're motivated by the CIA. If they do something that doesn't coincide with what the administration would want, like DDoSing Paypal and Amazon, people theorize that they could be false-flag attacks

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is serious stuff, Sony has been getting creamed. So there are no reports or rumors around as to who the hackers are? I've heard it was Anonymous, but that just seems to be a rumor among many. I wonder how this will effect the future of video game industry.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well that sucks.

Glad I am not involved.

My last Sony console was the PS2. I preordered it, got it in, and opened the box. The console was not even put together. Pieces fell out of the box. The motherboard was broken in half. Waited another month for my replacement, and it took a crap 3 months after I got it. Got ANOTHER replacement. It stopped reading discs after 6 months. Got my last replacement in, took it to the local game shop and promptly traded in for an Xbox.

My last SOE game was SGW. But I cancelled the day the NGE hit (11/2005). From that day on, I have not used another Sony product or service.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just a little clarification...

The latest incident occurred April 16 and 17 - earlier than the PlayStation break-in, which occurred from April 17 to 19, Sony said.

So this incident actually happened first they just didn't feel the need to tell people from my understanding.

"We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1 we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible," Sony said in a message to customers.

ap
edit on 3-5-2011 by ancientmustytext because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join