It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony warns of almost 25 million extra user detail theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Full Story

Sony has warned that almost 25 million extra gaming users may have had their personal details taken in a hacker attack.

On Monday, it had taken the Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) service offline after a security breach. Sony said the user data issue related specifically to SOE and emerged as it was investigating the problem. Last week, Sony admitted that the personal details of 77m Playstation users may have been stolen by hackers.

When will they fix this?? Ae they actually trying anything?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What I thought was amusing was people believed Sony when they said that the hackers didn't get credit card details .... I laughed pretty hard at that

edit on 3-5-2011 by Nemain73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i think sony either perpetrated or lucked out and have their reason to charge for online gaming

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
But no!

All the credit card data is encrypted!

oh wait... they already hacked our PS3 operating system.... which means they know the encryptions.

Understand this tho, it took serious, well, balls.... to alert the customers. I myself got an email. They are doing damage control how it should be done... alert everyone when you find out.... tell everyone the truth... you have to respect that in this day and age.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
the people responsible for hacking sony are not after PS3 users credit card details.

Nobody but sony and gaming addicts will be hurt by these actions imo.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Personally i think it was Microsoft who did it i could be wrong but whats the point of stealing 2.3 million bank account numbers if your a team of like 5 hackers. I'm thinking Microsoft had sony hacked it would make sense given the state japan is in then x-box makes more money from people switching to x-box. This isn't conspiracy its just corporate espionage happens all the time we just don't hear about it because companies hide it from the public. In this case I'm guessing someone put a back door program in their system which let the hackers in bang game over. maybe a key logger as well that's how they knew the encryption
edit on 3-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
actually I'm studying information security in school and my teachers talk about this stuff all the time.Microsoft had the most to gain from this as well remember this means companies who make games will switch to X-box as well. Now it x-box vs Nintendo lol
edit on 3-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join