It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football talk anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
lets talk some NFL!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

YAHH NAHHH FNARRR WAARRRFGG YER YARRRRR YAAAA Hello!
WARRRRRHHH RHHHHH RHHH HH YAARRHHH!!

and I'm well, thank you.

WAAAHHHHRHRRHRHHRGRGRHRRGHR BAHHH!!!
grrrrrrrrZOMPT - Sorry my missus said..

JHJJWWWWWW RRRRRRRRAAW$RRRS!!!

- you mean the people wot watch, not the people that play... Uhhh got it.. oops..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
oh I could talk NBA & MLS
even a little MLB too

but unfortunately no NFL (nor NHL)
i'll be reading this thread to learn something and be prepared for next NFL season
(I thought you meant what you call "soccer" at the other side of the pond)

one of the best things I've ever done for home,
activating Sports Pack on my dish!

Im missing a lot of sleep with NBA Playoffs

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

lol i wish the celtics werent so old and the heat werent so overpaid,this would be a GREAT rivalry had it started sooner,im loving it!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

lol i was gonna put american football because i immediately knew that everywhere else in the world would think soccer or futbol as us mexicans call it.haha

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

haha yes! that's an interesting rivalry shaping, unpredictable, I love Heat speed and Boston clinical precision and strong play of both. In the West I'm amazed with the Thunder-Grizzs semis, outstanding Randolph!! Wow and back in the East that Hawks-Bulls is soooo 80's dont you think? LOVE IT TOO! and well the Lakers, the Lakers back in the days of Magic Jonhson and Pat Riley are the reason for I fell in love with all this! and versus Mavs is a so 80's semi-final too!Im so scared of Dallas
What a good end of season! I cant even predict a conference final
thats great!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

are you Mexican? I'm Spanish!
Un abrazo desde Barcelona!
I'd stick to English for the majority to understand

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
When you said Football I thought you meant AFL.

NFL and Soccer are for girls

Google AFL and check it out if you dont know what Im talking about

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

the NFL is rigged. did you see the seattle seahawks superbowl a few years ago? I went from HUGE NFL fan to "something doesn't seem right".. and no Im not a seahawk fan. I was always a fan of Da' BEARS. and broncos until shanahan went retarded. I believe he rode Elway's, Sharpe's, T.D's, Romanowski's, coat tails.

it only takes a few suspect calls to control a game..

John Madden "holding happens on every play"...hmmm does that not ring bells or alarms in people?

or that NBA ref Donahu or whoever he was that admitted to suspect calls and gambling?

most people like bread and circus, i no longer support it. plus i don't feel that we should be spending a red cent on pro sports. go buy a disadvantaged kid some cleats for little league instead of NFL sunday ticket---
NOT meaning directly to you OP just in general..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I think that every game the bulls play takes it back old school!D rose is a beast!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Seahawks didnt even belong in that superbowl,but i do think something fishy MAY HAVE happened...Thats the only game ive EVER had suspicions about,nfl is definately NOT rigged..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I also think the NBA is rigged. I was a huge fan of that too once. watch the sixers/lakers finals.. Iverson was fouled an avg of 62 times a game by tyronne lue. the cameras would show how lue literally had a handful of iversons jersey nonstop. Iverson was insane in game 1, vastly upsetting the lakers. Then, Lue became the factor that changed the series. i was in the uscg at the time, our electonic techs and telecom specs had some frickin awesome gear, nasa quality stuff. and were able to go game by game and we counted the uncalled fouls. dang near every shot Iverson trhrew up was a foul, away from ball fouls, 2-hand checks..the refs were in on it. the order must have been given that the lakers were to win.

we had a couple slow weeks while between patrols and so many of us felt it was fixed so we delved into it, and were shocked!!!

btw? do you dispute what Madden and many others have said "holding happens on every play'??. either you haven't watched/listened to enough games to have heard the statements.. or you have the officer barbrady mindset "nothing to see here folks, move along"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Of course holding happens on every play...so do a bunch of other penalties..u have to remember theres 22 players on that field..I can imagine its pretty difficult to watch every player on every play..Theres also a very thin margin between holding and good blocking,sometimes the call is right sometimes it isnt,its all part of the game..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

my point is. holding happens on every play, YET it IS NOT CALLED on every play. which leaves many variables, outcomes,and human discretion into the mix. combine that with millions of dollars...

I find that there are some who may view Entertainment as a sport, which is is NOT, the lines are blurred.

THINK along the lines of how children (at least when Im was 90 loved WCW and WWF. and noone could convince me it was fake. until I grew up, now I see how ridiculous it was of me..

kinda like how many low IQ retards (not calling you one! not by a longshot!! but you gotta admit to seeing them tailgating sometimes) can be found at sporting events, drunk or not. And how many highly intellectual people view NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL in the same light as adults view "pro"-wrestling. and the ones who don't think the big 4 pro sports are fake as those kids who just haven't grown up yet, and REFUSE to accept or admit that pro wrestling is fake.
edit on 3-5-2011 by rebeldog because: grammar

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I understand where your coming from,as a cardinals fan i was a little upset when they went to the superbowl in 08 because of all the anylists criticism...Espn,abc,fox and many others stated that the nfl should have a rule that would keep teams who had sub-par seasons out of the SB..THat cardinals had no business in the playoffs,but boy when it came to playoff time the veterans came alive on that team,they went to the superbowl and damn near beat the steelers..There were borderline penalties for all the teams in the playoffs,but for the cardinals better football got them there...Is there some sort conspiracy in the nfl?i highly doubt it,millions of people watch every nfl game,i think its something that wouldve been noticed by now you know?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

and by the wrestling thing youre insinuating that the nfl seasons are set in stone before the season even begins?

top topics

join