It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what Obama's "special statement" was trying to cover up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

I think I must be confused. Are you suggesting they announced the OBL death to cover up actions implemented to save some buildings that was announced in reuters? Reuters seems like a silly place to print a story you do not want anyone to know about doesn't it?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulletproof_monk
reply to post by showintail

If you looked at both threads i linked you would see the article states the explosions happened on monday, and the announcement was on 5/1/2011, which is a monday if im not mistaken.

I am definitely confused. 5/1 was Sunday.

Originally posted by showintail
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

if you will so kindly looj at a calendar,
Speech, SUNDAY, may 1st,
Detonation, MONDAY, may 2nd
Currentley, TUESDAY, may 3rd

Jus sayin

So to catch up. They announced the OBL death on Sunday night to coverup the announcement that the damn would be blown the following day. Then, as announced it was blown, the next day. Now it is today.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

They did the first.explosion last night, the 2nd, since it was an overnight thing, the second and third were to be done early a.m. today. Not sure if they were done yet though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yeah, as you can see, I made a mistake, but i just think they are using news like the OBL thing, birth certificate, etc. to cover up things that are more important.
Is it more important for America that they killed one man, or that their economy is going down the drain, and that they are in 3 unconstitutional wars.
I mean seriously, Even if OBL is dead, it doesnt mean that al queada is just going to go away. If anything it is just going to make the "terrorists" more angry, and therefore the gov is going to take away more of your rights to make you feel "safer". Im thinking this is all just part of the plan

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yeah, as you can see, I made a mistake, but i just think they are using news like the OBL thing, birth certificate, etc. to cover up things that are more important.
Is it more important for America that they killed one man, or that their economy is going down the drain, and that they are in 3 unconstitutional wars.

Then I guess I need you to explain to me how OBL's death covers up the failing economy and wars that have been ongoing for some time now? Do you think people just forgot about all that stuff because of 2 nights worth of news? They are talking about the economy on tv right now.

I mean seriously, Even if OBL is dead, it doesnt mean that al queada is just going to go away. If anything it is just going to make the "terrorists" more angry, and therefore the gov is going to take away more of your rights to make you feel "safer". Im thinking this is all just part of the plan

I am not arguing any of that but I have a hard time seeing how this was used to cover up things that everyone knows about and we are openly discussing now. If something is being covered up, it should probably be something that is not currently on the news, 8-10 years old news, common knowledge, or announced the day before. Maybe you are just really hoping something was covered up?

I know that since 9/11, good conspiracies have been lacking and lately all ATS really has to offer is that Obama is Kenyan and sucks but I am not sure that speculating on everything and anything with nothing behind it helps.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Watts

okay, well thanks for your input
so what do you think about the Osama news. Do you think it was used to cover something up, or do you think he was actually killed?

The details around it are fishy, but either way, I think this is just a lead-up to something bigger. That's not even a conspiracy-ish thought either, someone, whether its al qaeda, or just a rag-tag group of extremists is going to try to get some classic, action-movie revenge. What form it takes remains to be seen.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah, well i guess they repeat it cause it seems like it always works. They constantly get the majority of the people's support for the wars

Yes, that's the other factor.....rinse and repeat works.....because people have kept on believing their BS.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

sorry i should have made myself clearer. I dont think that this news is covering up the failing economy directly or anything. Im just saying its one of many distractions from what is really important. It seems that people are more concerned about how will and kates wedding was going to turn out instead of things that really matter and things that will affect our every day lives.
I really dont want there to be a conspiracy, but Something tells me this whole OBL thing is sketchy and it looks like it was put out for a specific reason. Im not saying that i believe it was used to cover up the mississippi detonation, I was just putting that out there to see what everyone else thought about it.
I can really see this as becoming an extension to 9/11 and the war on terror. It looks like it could lead to more security checks and more attacks on our rights so we can be protected from the "terrorists" getting back at us for what we did to osama

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

i agree with you there. Like i said above, I think it will reignite the fear in America again, just like 9/11 did, and because of that i think there will be more gov monitoring of the citizens and probably more TSA checkpoints to "keep us safe"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join