It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Gov. Snyder: "Immigrants Welcome"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
www.detnews.com...

Washington — Gov. Rick Snyder said Monday he embraces immigration as a way to repopulate Michigan — the only state to lose people in the past decade — as part of his greater plan to spur economic development he believes is taking shape. From The Detroit News: detnews.com...

and

"We should be encouraging immigration of people with advanced degrees in particular," Snyder said. "In some cases you get people objecting (saying) these people are going to take jobs, if you actually look at the evidence, particularly with advanced degree people, they're actually job creators." From The Detroit News: detnews.com...

So many people have left Michigan because there are no jobs, and now the Gov. wants to bring in immigrants and as he says, " he's working to help the middle class come back by creating more and better jobs."

Uhhmm...yeah, I think a lot of people are going to be upset about this. Creating jobs for who? What about all the people who had to leave the state because there are no jobs? Now he's going to create jobs and give them to immigrants instead of the people who live in this state and have been struggling?

I'm not sure how this is going to fly.

Seems to me like a slap in the face to Michiganians. Especially those who left in search of work elsewhere.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
can they sink to the bottom any faster? Maybe that should be the title, cause MI wants to become a broken down state from the sound of these statements, they want people from other countries running up credit cards and then fleeing the country and then returning and doing it all over again, he wants to make it easier for them, while simultaneously forcing a woman to drug her child with schizophrenic meds and sending in a swat tank with vader outfits to arrest her for failing to drug her child after the child suffered severe side effects, crazy state....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I guess I should clarify that they mean legal immigrants. It still doesn't make it better in my eyes.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Every state that has seen a influx of illegals has seen there wages fall. As far as legal immigrants they got the whole country to pick from, id go someplace warmer myself.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There is no reason to believe that we need anyone from outside the U.S. to re-populate Michigan. This is totally putting the cart before the horse. Why doesn't the Governor create the jobs first, then the jobs will attract the people skilled in those jobs. Apparently he wants to import cheap labor, not these mythical highly skilled and educated job generating super immigrants. If this is so, then where are the cheap labor jobs here? There is hardly enough jobs to go around in Michigan, unskilled or otherwise.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Better close the border at windser onces all the illegals in Ontario catch wind, you can have all our unwanteds. LoL good idea Michigan, someone needs to take the worlds mess ROFL lovin it definantly WINNING in Michigan LoL

new topics

top topics

join