It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray for your enemies i.e. Osama - Jesus said this for a reason

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

True, nobody should have that power...but unfortunately we all do. We all have the 'freedom' to kill each other. It is something we're able to do shockingly well. It's just one of those 'freedoms' we have to learn to shun, and sometimes we have to deal with those who exercise it by exercising it ourselves.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

....huh...I must have accidentally divided by four again in my head....odd. Eh, I don't get the mental math practice that I used to, so I'm prone to mistakes.

Anyway, that makes it just over 4 posts a day, still not that impressive a feat.

As for two wrongs not making a right...well, killing a guy that is going to kill a lot of people isn't wrong.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I'd rather let someone bare the blood of a nation on their hands than kill them myself.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by australian2011

Because not being in your religion means automatic hell? I do not agree with what Osama and other terrorists do, but they were just fighting for what they believe in. Much as our soldiers do they were fighting for what they thought was right . One cannot expect the terrorists to fight us any other way, especially when we kill their civilians ten/twenty fold as many as they did ours.

To place someone in eternity, or even believe and wish that upon someone is more evil than any death, or deaths can be in this world. The same people who claim love and peace are also the ones who cannot wait for their tardy and absent messiah to come back whilst wiping out most of humanity with incalculable suffering.

To make my point, you are sick and twisted.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Isnt it so that Jesus took the punishment For All Sins ? So there is noone going to hell, it is done, Jesus was punished for it all...

No, no no... Jesus was the infinite sacrifice for an infinite number of sins you're correct. But Jesus also said anyone rejecting Him before man, He will reject before His Father in heaven. Jesus desires a relationship, He hates "religion", in fact Jesus was the most anti-religious person to ever live. Every religion is about what man can do to justify themselves to God. Jesus said, "Trust me, it's finished, there's nothing for you to do."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

or even believe and wish that upon someone is more evil than any death

Might wanna re-read that OP.

Most Christians wouldn't wish Hell on Osama or Hitler. Eternal separation from God? I can't imagine how terrifying that will be for what Jesus said, would be the majority of people. That's sad, I feel so sad for people, and do not like being in big crowds anymore. It's an unsettling feeling. We have no capacity to grasp what it must feel like to have absolutely no hope whatsoever and to be conscious that's it's eternal.

I myself was pretty dejected and saddened that even Osama died lost. It's horrible.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nah I think he shoulda died. At least we try not to kill civilians. I am glad we got him and are fighting teh Taliban. Winston Churchill said "It only take good men to do nothing for evil to prevail."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon

Nah I think he shoulda died. At least we try not to kill civilians. I am glad we got him and are fighting teh Taliban. Winston Churchill said "It only take good men to do nothing for evil to prevail."

I said I was saddened he died lost.

Sure, he deserved to have his blood shed by men for shedding men's blood... not arguing against that. Just hate to think what his poor soul is going through now. I'm in no way shape or form condoning what he chose to do for all those years, but the adage is true, we wouldn't wish Hell on even the most despicable of men.

edit on 5-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

But the God you love and praise does... do you think that is justified? Is it cool to praise that? For a belief that you were born into or to question god with logic is a punishment of eternal suffering? If you praise that then you condone and love that fact.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

But the God you love and praise does...

It says God is willing that none should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Salvation really is a free gift, it's "grace" from God. It's free for the asking. God made it as simple as He could.

We humans are not Holy, Righteous, or perfect. If man wants to be justified on his own, then God gave 613 laws to do that. The point of that was to drive people to the foot of the cross for plan "B", accepting Christ's sacrifice. Human's judge by "good" vs "bad", God doesn't, He judges "perfect" vs "imperfect". Like it or not, the eternal, Holy, righteous Creator has infinite wrath to sin and unrighteousness.

But out of his infinite loving nature He entered His creation as a man and took the punishment for us. The infinite sacrifice for an infinite amount of sins. It says Christ "became sin for us that we could be gifted the righteousness of God." Meaning the Father layed all our sin on His Son, and the Son gave His righteousness to all who asked for it.

Do you think that is justified?

Yes, how would you feel about a judge that let guilty people off the hook with a wink and a nod? They would be corrupt would they not?

Is it cool to praise that?

Cool? I think it's more than cool, that He left His throne to take the punishment for me. He offers a hand to all men, and the Holy Spirit draws all men. It's a free gift. He's not a God that requires a laundry list of do's and dont's for people to earn their own righteousness, He gives you His Son's righteousness "free of charge" if you humble yourself and ask.

For a belief that you were born into or to question god with logic is a punishment of eternal suffering?

Anyone who has had children knows we have inherited sin nature, anything you tell them not to do they will try and do because you told them not to. It's our nature to rebel, rebellion is our problem. Secondly, we are told to "test all things", so there is nothing wrong with questioning, in fact the Bible is full of it.

If you praise that then you condone and love that fact.

I'm amazed that even some of us are saved actually, that age old saying "Well, nobody is perfect"... is absolutely true. If you think you are a "good person", that's fine God will judge you on your efforts to achieve perfection.

I'd suggest that plan "B" option though, it's free.

edit on 5-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Yeah i forgot how bizarre it is talking about the un-sensical because, the people that hold the un-sensical belief cannot comprehend the sensible.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Yes mate rebellion is our problem, if nobody asked any questions and did exactly what was requested of them then mankind would be leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now ..

EDIT - You contradict yourself in that sentence? Is rebellion our problem or should we reamin ever vigilant in our analysis of information in accordance with christianic law?
edit on 5-5-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yeah i forgot how bizarre it is talking about the un-sensical because, the people that hold the un-sensical belief cannot comprehend the sensible.

I'm sorry, but do you have disagreements that aren't arbitrary?

You asked the questions Sir.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep

Yes mate rebellion is our problem, if nobody asked any questions and did exactly what was requested of them then mankind would be leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now ..

Check out the definition of "rebellion" in your free time. It has nothing to do with asking questions or declining requests.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Check out the definition of "rebellion" in your free time. It has nothing to do with asking questions or declining requests.

"•Rebellion is a refusal of obedience or order. It may, therefore, be seen as encompassing a range of behaviors from civil disobedience and mass nonviolent resistance, to violent and organized attempts to destroy an established authority such as the government. ..."

Sorry?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

"•Rebellion is a refusal of obedience or order. It may, therefore, be seen as encompassing a range of behaviors from civil disobedience and mass nonviolent resistance, to violent and organized attempts to destroy an established authority such as the government. ..."

Sorry?

Yeah, in regards to the context of our discussion you could throw out the definition concerning "governments"..

we're talking about the sovereign God Almighty.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What is your idea of God and their relationship to the world as we experience it? Do you share a common belief?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Sorry?

Yeah, in regards to the context of our discussion you could throw out the definition concerning "governments"..

we're talking about the sovereign God Almighty.

Well you talked about disobedient offspring and went on to say that rebellion is "our problem"; I fail to see the likeness between a pair of human parents and "the sovereign God Almighy".
No followers of Christ's word are likely to "rebel" against it, nor is it rebellion when somebody who is dismissive or ignorant of Christ's word acts in disaccord of it.

EDIT - you also stated "Check out the definition of "rebellion" in your free time. It has nothing to do with asking questions or declining requests."

Which I did, it opened with "Rebellion is a refusal of obedience or order." The mention of Government (an example; not defining) in the definition is arbitrary to both of us.

p.s. I put the important parts in bold for you.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

p.s. I put the important parts in bold for you.

Okay, if you really insist on using that definition...

Why do we even need governments? Police forces? Jails? Laws protecting our freedoms or governing everyday life?

Because the human nature to rebel is intrinsic to all of us. To violate the laws, to steal, to murder, the cheat people out of goods, property, or money. We have to have all these controlling entities in our lives BECAUSE our our natures to rebel and sin.

But, again, I see "governments" and "God" as two completely different things. When we rebel against governments or laws we get fines or a little jail time. Rebellion against God got us a share in the Hell that was created for the devil and the other fallen angels.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What is your idea of God and their relationship to the world as we experience it? Do you share a common belief?

All you're interested in doing is mocking, and I don't have time for you, sorry. You're not looking for answers but excuses to voice your objections. Ask someone else.

Actually, I have a more constructive idea for you. Get out a pad and paper and jot down all the reasons you hate God and Christians and make a thread in the Rant Forums. Be sure to use capital letters in the title of the thread, then you and all your like-minded cohorts can have a grand ol' anti-Christian circle jerk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join