It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megacentre Shopping Mal Disaster NZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A tornado has hit the Megacentre shopping mal in New Zealand and ripped the roof off causing huge damage.
Being reported now on Sky NZ News.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
One dead 22 injured. An unusual place for a tornado although I see from the inernet that NZ had a death in 2004 and a few in 1954 from tornados. About as unusual as an earthquake in Australia? (apparently they get a big one in unpopulaed areas every 5-6 years)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Already a thread here. Hoping there are no more then the two confirmed fatalities

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the information. That's why I like the Internet because I find out stories about far away places I would have never heard on the MSM locally here in the United States. The media here is 75-80% Bin Laden is dead right now, giving it uber-attention.

When I browse news I always filter by "world news" specifically, so it's nice to have a outlet where you guys will keep me up to date on this stuff.

I had read as a child years ago that Australia and New Zealand were prone to tornadoes, and as the poster above points out, there is a case history of tornadoes in that geographic region.

I do believe that we as a species need to develop better disaster preparation planning and improve architectural standards significantly in order to mitigate potential disaster scenarios from coalescing.

I kind of view life today as the 'medieval dark ages'.
And the Internet is like a key that can unlock the door to the next Renaissance.

new topics

top topics

join