It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were you doing on 9/11 before you saw the news?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was 12 too getting ready for school eating a bowl of honey nut cheerios reading the paper when my mom called me into the tv room, they said there was an explosion at the world trade center and literally 30 seconds after that the 2nd plane hit. I didn't think much of it to be quite honest. I went to school where everyone was panicking, the teachers were all severely in shock and the principal made announcements about it, but still it had no effect on me. the only thing that bothered me then was how could the buildings fall like that? i'd been so interested in things like that when I was younger, jenga and kerplunk were my world then. the question stayed until eventaully i watched it again, I realized what had happened.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i was in my 8th grade broadcast journalism class. When we heard about the first plane we immediately turned the television on, i remember parents taking their kids out of school, as if a middle school in the suburb was a likely target. I remember everyone being really upset though, including myself.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was on top of a mountain wondering why I hadn't seen any planes flying by as I did the previous days. Then I got my recall page and was trying to figure out how I was going to get back in 3 hours when it was a four hour hike to the trail head and a five hour drive home. I didn't get the full story until I started driving home, I stopped in a bait store for some coffee and they had the news on.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

I think the parents were taking their children out of school not from fear but just to be with them. I was at work going on break when the first plane hit, and all I could think about was getting home to be with my family and to know they were safe. It struck a nerve in people all over America and I believe many of us just needed to be with those closest to our hearts.
I cried for those people for at least two weeks and could hardly function because of deep depression and a feeling of helplessness. I will never forget seeing people jump to their death to avoid being burnt alive--what a choice to have to make. I cannot imagine what it was like for them.
Nana

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Working then watched news..and then everyone in my family in uk was on phone,to each other shocked.We all knew it would start something big (AFGHANISTAN,IRAQ,)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was 21 years old, in uniform, and on my way to the airport to go to work (I was a flight attendant). I always listen to the radio while driving but all my programmed radio stations were playing news instead of music. I kept scanning looking for music and finally gave up when everything was news. Figured I would just leave it on one station and wait for the morning news to end so I could hear some music.

Then after actually listening to what was going on, I was heartbroken. After getting to the airport, all hell had broken loose and it took me forever just to get through security and get to the crew room. Total chaos in the crew room. Tried to call my family from several different phones but could never get through. My boss told us all to go home since we wouldn't be flying any time soon.

Took a drive across Texas to stay at my parents ranch for several days so I could get out of the cities and be with my loved ones. I remember filling up on gas right before the gouging started.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was in high-school and then, as now, I think a lot about everything. We were sitting in class when the teacher stopped teaching (after a telephone call), she told us a plane had hit the WTC tower. I didn't know what the WTC tower was, I was only 14, so I didn't understand the implications. Although my memory is a little foggy, I know that many of us (several classes) gathered in a room with a television where we saw the 2nd plane hit and the following news coverage. A lot of my idiot classmates were thinking it was an accident, even then I knew it was intentional, I just thought it was caused by the alleged bad guys, not the real bad guys our government.

I think we finished school that day as normal after we watched the news for a few hours. I went home that night and was glued to the news. I must admit, I was a good little sheeple. I was pissed that Muslims from the middle east had done this. I wasn't scared, just mad. I had always been a pro-Bush person because my family was mostly Republican, and I was so proud when Bush gave his 911 speech at ground zero. I was too young to understand the Patriot Act but I was very glad that we went to war in Iraq to kill Saddam and Osama. Fortunately I woke up in about 2009 and know that it was all a bunch of lies.

I'm not sure if this was the point of your thread, but I wonder how the 8-15 year olds, whose brains are not yet fully mature and developed, how they felt Sunday when Obama gave his speech. How many were inspired to join the forces? How many were satisfied that a Muslim was killed? How many now see Obama and the military as their hero? How many will now be comfortable with a greater police state? Unfortunately only a few probably saw through the lie. Good news is, there is still hope they will wake up one day.

Stay safe everyone, things are about to get serious and this isn't fear mongering, that's your government's job.

edit on 3-5-2011 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: Pass.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

You make an excellent point,impressionable minds have grown in the past 10 years thinking that the war is right and that all muslims hate america and its people...It made a huge impression on me,its why i joined the service,its why we all did,because of 9/11....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i was sleeping it happend just before i got up to go to highschool that day it was on the news as i was getting up that morning the we sat in school most of the day watching the news coverage

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by system0v3r1de

our school district closed that day because raytheon,a company that develops high tech weapons and missiles,is located about four or five miles from our district and was thought to be a very high valued target for the attackers.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's really funny that the OP claims to believe one man hiding out somewhere is responsible for what happened. Osama, in a cave somewhere, made a bunch of other guys hijack planes and kamikaze themselves into buildings. How did he control the hijackers from a cave? How can you buy into that, that one man can control many to force his will. Was he a god? Does any one man have the influence to control many? It was ultimately their decision. Maybe he suggested. Maybe he used mind control. Maybe we are all being controlled right now, but that sounds about as crazy as a guy making 2 planes crash into the towers.

How were they controlled? 72 virgins? What would any of you do for 72 virgins? If you were a man you would do anything. That's why they use men instead of women. Women are easily distracted by shiny things but much harder to control. Men focus on 2 things and they all have their price. I guess this world and the people in it don't mean as much when you don't have the capability to give birth and create life. So you want to destroy it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NE1911

Not as crazy as thinking the US government is out to get you..get real..put a leash on your imagination before it poops somewhere that it shouldnt..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was on my way back from my 8am Basic Ice Skating class, bus driver told me a plane hit the WTC. Man, I miss college.........

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
reply to post by NE1911

Not as crazy as thinking the US government is out to get you..get real..put a leash on your imagination before it poops somewhere that it shouldnt..

I don't see anything in that post at all that related to the US government. Why would you even bring the government up? It wasn't any government that made men hijack a plane and crash it into a building. It was other, more intelligent, men.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NE1911

i hope you brought a bag and a poop scooper..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

reply to post by NE1911

i hope you brought a bag and a poop scooper..

I'm sorry that you're having trouble expressing your ideology. There are entire concepts based on lowering your playing field to vulgarity. All of them incepted by man. I'm sorry I won't be joining you down there. I'll, instead, take the high road. Peace be with you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NE1911

and also with you

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I know this is a pretty sinister thing to ask but does anyone else feel like something like this will happen again in the US?

No, not at all. In the 10 years since the original incident there have only been 2 people arrested for terrorism as far as I can remember. Can anyone else remember more?

One was a guy, about your age, here in Dallas. The news said that he was pretty much coached every step of the way by the FBI after they found him in a chat room or something. They went as far as to let him try to detonate the fake bomb they give him with the fake detonator they gave him.

The second guy was from New York I think. He was another young guy that they found in a chat room somewhere. Probably trying to meet women. Maybe it was a female agent that strung him along and got him to try to blow something up. Then, again, it was probably a more intelligent man.

Besides those 2 suckers I haven't heard about any other suspected terrorist arrests. So why would anything else happen like that happen in America? I mean most of our military is over seas somewhere and our borders are basically wide open. Yet we still have plenty of state run militias to keep an eye on the homeland here as provided to us by the Constitution of the United States of America. So we should all be just fine. I know I'm locked and loaded in case I see anything suspicious.

Also, I read a story today about a bunch of terrorists taking pictures of a nuclear waste site. I thought to myself, boy those terrorists sure are simple minded. You mean they don't have any satellites to take pictures for them like the Russians. They can't even hack a satellite? No wonder they haven't been able to hijack any more planes. It looks like maybe we have already won the war on terrorism if that's all they got. Some guys taking pictures of a nuclear waste dump? What in the world would they do with nuclear waste? Drink it?

Edit: You know I was just thinking. What country are terrorists from, anyway? I thought it was Iran and Afghanistan. If that's the case then we don't have anything to worry about here in America. We have the situation in Iran and Afghanistan totally under control and all the people there love us now. Can't you just feel their warm waves of joy thanking you for giving them democracy?
edit on 4-5-2011 by NE1911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NE1911

lol man the russians are on top of things with those satellites...My buddy works on an AFB about 15 minutes from my house and he tells me that russia is ultra-paranoid.That anytime russian satellites pick up what they consider "unordinary activity" the russians send down military inspectors to investigate,while still maintain their monthly visits/inspections..Southern Arizona is a military hotspot.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join