It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were you doing on 9/11 before you saw the news?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I was 19 years old. I was sleeping.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I know this is a pretty sinister thing to ask but does anyone else feel like something like this will happen again in the US?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

We were sitting at the corner of Arapahoe Rd and S. Havana St, in our car on our way to work! the news we herad on the radio is that a plane had crashed into ine of the WTC towers and more information would be forthcoming. We paid particular attention to the story because we had some servers in the basement of the tower and if the building power was lost we'd have to make arrangements for some alternate routing. Later on that day, my wife was on the line with some of the server folks when the line went dead and we later learned it was because the towers had collapsed.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well lets see...

Six hours before it went down, I was on an airplane landing in L.A.

I was so tired when I got home, I fell asleep on the couch with the T.V. on, and woke up looking at a single smoking building.

I gave my dad a call to let him know what was going on, and was still on the phone as the second plane hit.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
I was 19 years old. I was sleeping.
I wish i was 19 again,those were the good ol' days,haha

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
I know this is a pretty sinister thing to ask but does anyone else feel like something like this will happen again in the US?

im pretty sure there is another thread around here tackling that question. you've just gotta search for it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

LoL I wish i was 19 again too!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
God you kids really make me feel old. My own children are your age (mostly.)

I was putting a new frame on the door of my house when the news of the first crash came on the TV. I started rolling tape in the VCR to watch when I got home as I'd made the age-old mistake of not measuring twice before cutting once, so I had to go back to Home Depot for another piece of trim.

As I was on my way home, I was listening to news radio and heard about the second plane crash and the hijackings that preceded them. My wife and I spent the next few days glued to the TV, knowing that the world as we had known it had come to an end. We both cried as we watched people holding hands and jumping from the towers rather than burn to death. I was SO angry at whoever had done this terrible thing, murdering thousands of innocent people whose only crime was going to work; I swear I could have strangled the life out of them with their own intestines.

That's all I have to say about that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I still cant help but feel devestated for the victims,i know that its been a while but i know that having someone you love senselessly murdered never heals....and once more thanks to all for sharing and contributing!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I was 9 and in 4th grade. I was getting ready for school, eating breakfast and the such, and I remember a lot of commotion on the TV, but I wasn't really paying attention to it, nor did I understand what was going on. When I got to school, none of the other kids knew what had really happened either; some thought that "bad guys were bombing people's houses", and obviously the teacher didn't want to worry us.

I didn't actually find out what happened until after school, and I honestly don't remember what I was feeling. I was more or less just annoyed of the CONSTANT footage and coverage replying on the news for the next 6 months.

It took me quite a while, and the proceeding years and impact of 9/11 to completely understand what the event actually meant.

To this day I still have lots of questions.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

That's why I'll always read your responses OldCorp....

You say what you mean and mean what you say. The older we get the more we tend to speak the truth from our hearts. I have no time for mincing words.

I remember the 70's too brother!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I actually taped it too,well my sister did.i had a tv with a built-in vcr and i remember recording over what i thought was a blank tape,turns out it was my Most prized possession at the time,my dragon ball z greatest episodes tape,haha..One of my older brothers has the tape now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I was 18 and in the Royal Air Force as a driver and was on my way to a rehabilitation centre to pick up an airman who had been injured.
I heard it on the chris moyles afternoon show on radio 1 and thought he was joking until I changed radio station.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I was working in a company right next to the MI5 building in London - not a good place to be! Someone told a work colleague and we all crowded round a PC watching it

Went home and watched it at home, next morning everyone was really quiet on the train in - very strange atmosphere

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I was on my way to work when my friend called to say I should probably not get on the train because there had been some kind of accident in lower Manhattan. Shortly after the second plane hit and we all knew better. It was visible from the roof of my building.

For at least a week, when I walked to work, the place where I used to the see the towers every day in the skyline was full instead of columns of thick black smoke. After that morning, there were men in camouflage holding rifles in the train stations. They stayed for a long time.

I spent many hours of my life at a place that no longer exists. I happened to like it very much. The escalator from the trains to the shops was so tall, so dramatic, that I used to choose particular songs to play on my walkman when I ascended, just for the atmosphere of it. There was a Borders where I used to have coffee with my brother, and we'd go sit outside and watch rich people and smoke at them. I met Eric Bogosian there, and told him I love his playwriting. And years before, the first time I visited the city, I have a very clear memory of being aware that it had been bombed before, and thinking of how big and solid it seemed -- how untouchable.

How strong.

I was watching when they fell. I can't describe or explain what it was like, how people who lived there reacted in that moment, except that it was surely the most profoundly shocking thing any of us had ever seen. It seemed impossible, unthinkable, totally overwhelming. We all just lost our minds. I remember saying it's gone, it's just gone. It's just...gone. Even after the second strike, we just never thought that would happen, until it did, and then again. Nobody understood anything. So many crazy reports were coming in, it felt like the end of the world.

I've been back, finally, and it's like I can't recognize it at all. I can't make it map up with what I remember.

I did not lose anyone. We couldn't find one friend who worked there for a bit, but it turned out he had overslept and not gone in that day.

edit on 3-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join