It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I hit the gold cap in WoW without even playing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I need a break from the OBL death threads and thought I would share this story.

Anyone that has played wow knows how easy it is to get your account hacked.One of my accounts became compromised and I had to go to great lengths to get it back.When I did I noticed that Blizzard mailed me duplicates of all the items I had that predated the time of the hack.So not only did I have all the items and gold the hacker obtained but also duplicates of my stuff as well, this gave me an idea.The account wasn't my main so I got brave and gave it back to the chinese based gold farming company that hacked it to begin with.I then waited 7 weeks before requesting account recovery from blizzard and changed the password.When I got the account back it was LOADED with gold and high sought after items that sold well on the ah.It also had some tier gear and a few rare mounts.Soon after Blizzard banned it because the credit card the gold farmers used was cancelled and they demanded I pay from the time I had recovered the account .This was a small price to pay for the amount of stuff I got from this process plus I wasn't trying to steal game time anyway just trying to get even with the hackers.By the time I was finished with selling all the duplicate's to vendors and auctioning off ore,bars,flasks,pots and so on I hit the gold cap, a whopping 214,748 gold, 36 silver, 48 copper.I was at the end of my time with wow so I did the only sensible thing a hardcore wow player would do.....I sold it back to the company that hacked me for a decent amount of money.
Retribution at it's finest!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Gold cap is now 999999g 99s 99c.
Since 4.0.1 the old cap is nothing these days with inflation in that game as it is currently. Sorry but now that amount is just average.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The reason forums like ATS have rules that make it so you can't post only three letters is because imo all this deserves is the obligatory: csb

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

I just thought it was cool and worth a mention

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

Are you freaking kidding me? That's "average" now? I find that extremely hard to believe. I remember playing vanilla (lvl 60 cap) and when you had 2/3 grand gold you were RICH. Most people never got higher than a grand in vanilla, and if you did you were seriously farming and seriously raiding and had extra time on your hands.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

It's not average even in post cat. That guy is a troll his remark shows it.I couldn't find the will to correct him thanks for doing it for me.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Average is probably more like 10k gold. I made around 5k just from leveling from each character that I leveled from 80 to 85.

new topics

top topics

join