It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Corps detonates explosives on flood levee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Army Corps detonates explosives on flood levee

www.reuters.com

But destroying the levee is expected to flood more than 100,000 acres of farmland in Missouri. The state tried unsuccessfully to get several courts, including the Supreme Court, to block the move.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow... So they finally did it around 10pm tonight.... Two hours or so ago....

Here's the interesting thing though... The state didn't want them to... Another example of how the army corps of engineers seem to be a 5th estate of some sort...

Granted, this might be the best way to limit damage... But is right now causing quite a bit of damage to a protesting state now that the levees have been blown.... And it also lends much more credence to the stories of these being blown during Katrina....

On a final note... These are farmlands being destroyed.... How will this effect food prices?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Great point about the levees being blown and Katrina. On the flip side, I can't believe the Army Corps can make a decision like that. Isn't a natural disaster a state issue until it is declared an emergency?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

That's what I was thinking as well... Though i bet Tennessee and Mississippi are happy has all get out...

Thing is, who is setting the priorities... The livelihoods of these farmers are up against what? Perhaps the farms are big business farms who have fenegled a double profit if their crops are damaged... Im not sure.... But someplace there is someone speaking with a big enough voice to have these farms flooded

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
More on this.... Evidently the blasting of this levee will have little effect on the lower Mississippi as the water will return... It simply allows the bypassing of Cairo Ill. A city of 2800 people....

So 130,000 acres of farm land and something like 100 homes will be destroyed

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by HunkaHunka because: Added link

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am nearly 20 miles away and it was loud and shook my whole house!!!! It was scary! Reports I have read stated felt as far as St louis and parts of Tennessee... was that much explosive necessary?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Wow! That is a lot of explosives... There may also be geology which explains the wide ranging effects, such as bedrock, but im not sure about that area...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
SnF for raising awareness on a subject forgotten by MSM

also check out this thread for more information

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Actually we have a sandy soil and if they trigger the new madrid fault doing this (two more explosions to come) then liquifaction will be a major problem!!!!!!!! Second blast set for the 1am to 4 am time frame,

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No ! I don't think anyone is going to be left out of their plans. This map yesterday was just the red part. Now look at the Yellow Areas the Corps of Engineers are just getting started, look at all of the areas they plan to destroy. and I am in the Yellow.

Future CoE Destruction Map

www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

No ! I don't think anyone is going to be left out of their plans. This map yesterday was just the red part. Now look at the Yellow Areas the Corps of Engineers are just getting started, look at all of the areas they plan to destroy. and I am in the Yellow.

Future CoE Destruction Map

www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

Thanks for this map!!

I'm in Memphis, in the red

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
please someone tell me, did they get all the people out? is everyone safe?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why do this in the dark ? What are they trying to hide ? and .... afterwards - is it going to be repaired ?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Take a look at HAARP's Magnometer for May 3

Then look at HAARP's Magnometer March 11, 9 mag Quake in Japan

This scares the Hell out of me, They need to be shut down they are crazy!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

What has HAARP to do with blowing up a levee?

Once upon a time... when the ice caps were melted...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Explosion Footage As US Army Corps Of Engineers Blow First Levee In Birds Point

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

In 1953, the Netherlands was swamped. The North Sea washed over half a million acres of land and killed over 1,800 people on the south-western coast. The disaster prodded the Dutch government into embarking on one of the greatest engineering projects in history. Over the following decades, engineers constructed a vast network of dams, sluices, locks, dykes and storm-surge barriers collectively known as the Delta Works.

www.solarfeeds.com...

New Orleans had areas 15 ft below sea level. The Mississippi floods regularly. But we still build levees out of dirt that can be washed away by water...

WHY with all the money spent on repairing annually can we not build a modern controlled dyke system that also generates power as a side effect? Seems the Corp of Engineers is very good at blowing up things, but how about a mega engineering project? I hear the one in Amsterdam...

"In 1994, the American Society of Engineers labeled it one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.

What happened to American ingenuity?
edit on 3-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for your contributions Zorgon.... You raise very good point!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, Once a upon a Time, [personal jabs are not nice] There are 7 floodgates that will be finished in La, March- Summer of 2011 which have posted already, So why aren't they using them now? I was also showing that HAARP's spike was about the sametime as the Levee explosion. It was like they were just sitting around waiting for the go ahead from somewhere else, didn't even give a 5 min. horn blow.

Zorgon, so you don't think HAARP's capabilities are a Fairy Tale.

Try scalar waves HAARP can produce those too

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Zorgon, so you don't think HAARP's capabilities are a Fairy Tale.

No HAARP capabilities are real enough, but believing HAARP is responsible for every woe on planet earth is irresponsible. It is also interesting how people blaming HAARP tend to ignore that there are MANY such installations around the world.

You say:

I was also showing that HAARP's spike was about the sametime as the Levee explosion.

Which means what exactly? How does a spike that is 'close' correlate to the explosion on the levee?

Now what the Haarpies fail to take into account is that these weird weather phenomena are solar system wide, not just on Earth and Haarp (and the network) does not have the power to effect the solar system. But it doesn't matter... people need a boogyman to blame, so for now it is HAARP making tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, tsunamis, earthquakes and BP oil spills, ozone layer holes, magnetosphere holes and who knows what else.

They killed Bin Laden... they will now need to find another boogyman for that department too.. Gadaffi is a temporay fill in that we have used before
edit on 3-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join